10 Plant Grow With 3 x Mars Hydro LED & Autopot

Yes. I imagine 2-4 weeks from now

Sent from my SM-G935F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Awesome man. I'm thinking mine will go probably till the end of the month. I'm still planning my next grow not sure if I should do autos photos, one plant, 4 plants or 9 in a SOG. Strain is the next question I am gonna stick with the queen seeds again.

Plants look great man.

UPDATE#29

DAY 79
FLOWERING DAY 36

THE DEVILLE PRESENTS
THE HUNGER GAMES OF THE CLONES - DAY 51

Topped the clones again today. We started with 10 clones 51 days ago. The first clone to be killed was Amnesia (R.I.P) because it had signs of starting mold. The DeVille's hunger games is like the movie a survival of the fittest.

The next clone to die was Big-Bud #2 (R.I.P) and Northern Lights #2 as they had not rooted by the time I transplanted the others.

The next clones to die was Northern Lights #1 and #3 as their mother-plants disappointed me when it comes to bud-growth and ability to handle the same climate the others are thriving in (R.I.P). They both had to die as one requirement to survive the DeVille's hunger games of the clones is to be able to grow alongside the others in the same system. Northern Lights couldn't handle that and will be replaced by a new strain in the future.

Without further delay it's an honor to present the remaining survivors. Of these remaining 5, only 2 will survive until the end of the clone's hunger games.

From the left: Pure power plant #1, Pure power plant #2, Pure power plant #3, Big-Bud #1, Big-Bud #3
hunger_games_001.jpg

Pure power plant #1
Pure power plant #2
Pure power plant #3
Big-Bud #1
Big-Bud #3

ONLY TWO WILL SURVIVE
hunger_games_002.jpg

THE DEVILLE'S HUNGER GAMES OF CLONES

UPDATE#30

DAY 91
FLOWERING DAY 48
CLONES - DAY 63

In the flowering flowering room things are getting really close to the end. I harvested Big-Bud #2 a week ago. It was finished before the others, but produced very little. Dry weight was 50 grams. The other Big-Buds are almost ready to be harvested now. Will do a final photo update from the flowering-room before I harvest them.

In the meantime I want to show the progress of the clones. I topped them two times as the readers of this journal already know. Then I tied down tops and side branches to generate bushes of the last remaining survivers. In a few weeks they're gonna look real cool. It will look like the skulls have cannabis-hair :)

Will re-pot the two winners when I make up my mind about that

CLONES_0016.jpg
'
Turning into little mother-bushes. These will generate plenty of healthy clones for a future grow

CLONES_0028.jpg

Tied down with rope and then the rope is taped to the skulls

CLONES_0038.jpg

Found a fitting spot for my sabertooth-tiger skull

Over and out
DeVille

u devil u . I chopped down my bubba and critical as well to make room for their aunties. Roots were turning brown so I guess it was time. Might have 50 gram each plant. Environment was not optimal but who can afford a computer closet unit that raises and lowers temp and humidity relative to lights cycles ( 10F)? I think second story grow may be more stable than basement or garage .

I'm considering to move my grow as well to a place where I can control temperature a little better. I was thinking of using maybe 1 tent 240x120x200 and one 120x120x200. That's what my lamps can theoretically cover. Then I would install a scrog net in both tents to maximise yield. My dream setup however is to have two tents by the size of 240x120x200 and have 8-12 plants in each tent. I have a perfect room I could use for such a setup. I can't afford more lamps right now so that's for the future.

I think I have decided which of the Big-Bud to crown as the winner. When I look at the plants in the flower-room it's clearly that Big-Bud #1 is standing out. It has bigger buds than the others and also more buds. Side branches are almost as tall as the top itself and it's growing really perfect. Glad I have a clone of that one. That is definitely a keeper.

When it comes to Pure Power Plant I am still uncertain. I have a clone of each of them and their mothers all seem to be big producers, they are all growing very well and it's very hard to crown a winner. Will have to see after harvest and decide according to dry weight and potency.

DeVille presents

THE MAKING OF A MOTHER

Thought I should talk a little bit more about how I create a mother-plant. I do not have a recipe I follow 100%. As you can see from these photos every plant has a slightly different look. I remove some shots and try to make it somewhat "clean"

Step 1: Top the plant after the third node, forth or fifth is fine as well. Then top the two new tops that grow up from there. That way you'll have 4 tops and side-branches that are starting to catch up with the tops. The last part of step 1 is probably to overdo it. I did it, but it's probably useless. One topping would have been fine.

Step 2: Shaping the plant. For this step I took a bunch of photos

mother_0011.jpg

I try to bend the tops and the branches down to the sides so the plant get a "star" shape. I use normal thin tread you'll find in any garden shop. I use duct tape to attach the treads to the sides of the skulls (pots)

mother_0021.jpg

Another example. Same strain but growing slightly different. Also trained slightly different. Still the same bending and star shape. Cleaned up some new shots coming here and there. Will perhaps also remove more shots later from the middle to create more room as you can see an example of on the next photo

mother_0031.jpg

Bended in the same star shape, but here I also cleaned up the middle of the plant to leave a little more room to grow. This is Big-Bud #1, the winner of the lot. This one will become the mother for future big-bud grows. The mother of this one is a big producer and is simply beautiful. It has the biggest bud I have ever seen on the top and I am looking forward to growing more of this one. When it comes to creating mother-plants I am simply trying out a few different approaches to see what I like best simply because I never made a mother-plant before. I would love to hear your input on this matter.

mother_004.jpg

Here you can see how I take the treads around the branches before I tape them to the sides of the skulls. This is the easiest way I can think of training a plant. No knobs or anything. Just remove the tape and the treads are already lose

mother_0051.jpg

Here you can see how I attach the tread with tape to the sides

mother_0061.jpg

Current status in the clone-tent. Just finished another bending job. I do it in steps. If I bended this much at once the branches would snap. I do it in 2-3 steps. These are as good as done. May or may not remove some shots depending on how much space they take. But from this point I'll start considering to use them as clones.

In an ideal world I would already have the next batch of clones ready for flowering as I am getting ready to harvest the plants in the flowering-room. In the future it will be like that and I will be able to harvest every second month. Fear not folks! The DeVille is just getting started. In future grows we'll do all sort of weird experiments. I just need to build up a buffer of weed first :)

How do you create a mother-plant? I would love to see your method(s)

DeVille

Took a look at the flowering-room. Can't find my microscope so could not check trichomes as close as I would like to. Took some photos and zoomed all the way in. To me they look quite milky but can't really tell if the ends are starting to turn brown or not. My gut feeling says it's still a little soon to harvest. What do you think folks?

buds_0016.jpg

Big-Bud close-up

buds_0026.jpg

Pure Power Plant close-up

Last but not least I just have to show the progress of Big-Bud #1. Check out the size! Put my hand down there and made sure to get the lamp in the photo for comparisonment. What do you think folks? I'm kinda proud of this one. Glad I have a clone of the plant. I noticed today that Big-Bud #3 also produce quite a lot allthough nowhere near #1. However! #3 get these beautiful purple leaves around the buds. That is not present on #1. Do you folks think I should keep both clones in case the high is different? Both could be keepers in their own special way I guess.

buds_0037.jpg

Big-Bud #1

DeVille

Last night I had to tie Pure Power Plant #1 up as the buds were so heavy the entire plant was about to snap. That's promising. I also noticed that Northern Lights #3 has been producing buds like hell lately. Kinda regret I killed it's clone now :)

It has been decided :) One of the Northern Lights plants will be re-vegged to become a mother-plant. The way it looks now, the lucky victim to be zombiefied is Northern Lights #3. I did sort of promise you guys to show you how to re-veg a plant, so keep your eyes open. Since this strain had some problems and got a little stunted I think this strain will finish last. That makes this the perfect strain to do this with and I can this way also undo my previous "kill this fucking clone" error

UPDATE#31

DAY 103
FLOWERING DAY 60
CLONES - DAY 75

HARVEST DAY

2 weeks ago I prematurely harvested Pure power plant #3. To be 2 weeks early, it was extremely potent and I got 80 grams out of it.

Today I harvested Northern lights #1, #2, #3, Big-Bud #1 & #3 and Pure power plant #1 and #2. The northern lights was an emergency harvest as they were clearly dying for sure. I changed my mind about re-vegging them as the 3 plants in total will give about only half as much as the next best in class. Fuck that strain.

harvest_00112.jpg

Big-Bud #1 & #3

harvest_0049.jpg

Big-Bud #1 right before I harvested it. The nugs are so heavy the branches are bending. The cola is about 40 cm long.

harvest_00210.jpg

Pure Power Plant have such heavy colas I had to tie the plant up or it would bend all the way to the ground. Pure luck I caught it before the cola and the branches snapped. These weigh a lot. Really dense shit

harvest_00311.jpg

Wanted to show you the beautiful colour of Big-Bud #3. I am considering to keep both clones from this strain as one of the phenos are green while the other one is pure purple. Maybe the effect will differ as well? Time will tell.

harvest_0058.jpg

Took the biggest colas from the plants and put them up for drying in a separate place. I wanna weigh them when dry. Check out Big-bud #1. That cola is amazing. A pity it got light bleached on the top. This is my personal record when it comes to cola size.

There is 1 plant left in the room now and that is Amnesia. That one is supposed to need another week before it's ready.

Will update you all on dry weights on the different plants/strains as soon as I have them :)

Thanks for following my journal. Hope you will want to follow my future grows as well. Next up is White widow

Over and out

DeVille

UPDATE#31

DAY 103
FLOWERING DAY 60
CLONES - DAY 75

HARVEST DAY

2 weeks ago I prematurely harvested Pure power plant #3. To be 2 weeks early, it was extremely potent and I got 80 grams out of it.

Today I harvested Northern lights #1, #2, #3, Big-Bud #1 & #3 and Pure power plant #1 and #2. The northern lights was an emergency harvest as they were clearly dying for sure. I changed my mind about re-vegging them as the 3 plants in total will give about only half as much as the next best in class. Fuck that strain.

harvest_00112.jpg

Big-Bud #1 & #3

harvest_0049.jpg

Big-Bud #1 right before I harvested it. The nugs are so heavy the branches are bending. The cola is about 40 cm long.

harvest_00210.jpg

Pure Power Plant have such heavy colas I had to tie the plant up or it would bend all the way to the ground. Pure luck I caught it before the cola and the branches snapped. These weigh a lot. Really dense shit

harvest_00311.jpg

Wanted to show you the beautiful colour of Big-Bud #3. I am considering to keep both clones from this strain as one of the phenos are green while the other one is pure purple. Maybe the effect will differ as well? Time will tell.

harvest_0058.jpg

Took the biggest colas from the plants and put them up for drying in a separate place. I wanna weigh them when dry. Check out Big-bud #1. That cola is amazing. A pity it got light bleached on the top. This is my personal record when it comes to cola size.

There is 1 plant left in the room now and that is Amnesia. That one is supposed to need another week before it's ready.

Will update you all on dry weights on the different plants/strains as soon as I have them :)

Thanks for following my journal. Hope you will want to follow my future grows as well. Next up is White widow

Over and out

DeVille

Damn straight, you got it down! Well done!!

Thank you so much folks. I am quite pleased myself. Happy with 7/10 plants. Sadly I wasted a lot of space on the failed Northern lights. But that's just a risk you have to take when you grow 4 strains side by side in the same system. Northern lights had different requirements than the rest. Lesson learned

Back
Top Bottom