10 Plant Grow With 3 x Mars Hydro LED & Autopot

A minor update

Just felt like showing you the remaining plants in the clone-tent. I will keep all 4 for now. They are two strains yes, but 4 pheno's you could say. Until I know for sure which is the best ones I will keep them all.

The winner(s) are

Big-Bud #1 (Green pheno)
Big-Bud #3 (Purple pheno)
Pure Power Plant #1 (heavy buds pheno)
Pure Power Plant #2 (Not sure if there is anything special about this one yet)

HARVEST_00211.jpg

And last but not least - A photo from my drying-room
DRYING_001.jpg

I still don't have the dry weights, but some of the experiments done throughout this grow can already be concluded out from the results so far. I can easily see with my bare eyes which ones are producing the most and the least.

Defoiling the plants definitally helped creating bigger buds on 3 of 4 strains. Northern Lights however reacted bad. Am however not sure if it was the defoil or if it reacted on me increasing the nutrients levels. The strain was a poor producing one and won't be grown again in this setup.

The second experiment was to remove branches from some of the plants to see if it had any effect on the final yield. The hypothesis is that the energy will be focused on the remaining parts of the plant and you'll get bigger buds. Perhaps you do get bigger buds, but overall you lose yield. All the plants I did this on has been the lowest producers of the bunch while the plants I didn't touch at all have much more product. I won't do that again.

Since the Northern lights were dying, I had to emergency harvest them. Kinda sad, but shit happens. That means this is not a candidate for re-veg. But! Amnesia which happens to be the last remaining survivor don't have a clone. It's not my favorite strain, but it ain't bad either. Good daytime smoke that makes you somewhat creative. It would perhaps be good to have one more permanent daytime smoke as per now I only have pure power plant. Big-bud is like a massive sleeping pill. I always fall asleep minutes after smoking that one, so that's not a daytimer.

So folks - As promised you'll get to see me attempt a re-veg. I have done this successfully before and the way the plants grow after a re-veg is truly fascinating. They become such monster-bushes. I bet if I put that up for re-veg when I harvest the final plant, and if I put in the White widow seeds at the same time, they'll be ready for flowering pretty much the same time. Next grow setup will slightly differ from this one though. Next one will be scrog to maximize yield. Guess I'll give 1/3 of the room for the Amnesia re-veg and the remaning 2/3 for White widow.

What do you think folks? I wonder if the re-veg will develop faster than the plants from seed, but with a scrog net it doesn't really matter. Just let em grow until the net is filled out and that's basically it. Won't have the height issues I had during this grow.

After the coming grow, I'll probably change the setup completely. Have started making space in another shed of mine. I have several of them in the garden, so space is not really an issue. I want to setup 3 tents, 120x120x200 and have one 320 in each of them. 4 autopots in each of them and separate tank for every tent. That way I should be able to harvest almost monthly

What do you think folks?

When it comes to smoke-report I guess I should write one of my longtime favorite Big-Bud.

The thing I like best about it is the deep strong narcotic scent. Almost like an expensive luxurious perfume. Deep narcotic indica smell, but the fucker still grows like a mighty strong sativa. Growing wise it's hard to go wrong with this strain. It handles over and under fertilization very well. It handles low and high temperatures very very well too. If you still didn't try to grow this strain - go for it! wait no longer. You'll never regret adding this strain to your collection.

After you smoke an entire joint you'll wonder "What the fuck? This shit ain't working" You have experienced a lovely smell and taste, but you can't feel shit. So you roll yourself another one. About the time it takes to roll and light a new joint is about the amount of time needed for this fucker to kick in. That's when you start feeling stoned. Not high... stoned!

Then after the second joint, you'll start struggling keeping your eyes open and you may get a strong urge to eat a chocolate or something.... anything really.

And then you wake up next morning and want to smoke more :)

But you shouldn't - you should smoke a daytimer instead and save this one for bedtime. The sad thing is that if you smoke too much of this strain, the effect will go away. The tolerance build-up on this strain is a little too fast. I know many other strains you can smoke more for much longer and still not build up the same amount of tolerance as on this strain. Other than this, Big-bud is the perfect strain for indica lovers

Re: 10 Plant Grow With 3 x Mars Hydro LED & Autopot

I was thinking about smoke report for Pure Power Plant, which has become my favorite daytimer. It's fantastic. I think the description from Leafly says it very well:

"If you’re searching for a potent sativa, Pure Power Plant may be the strain for you. Featuring a musky, citrus smell, this strain is fairly pungent and skunk-like. Great for daytime, Pure Power Plant produces a clear-headed sensation while causing a pleasant, gentle pressure in the face and head. As this strain is not a pure sativa, however, some indica effects shine through, especially after heavy use. Too much Pure Power Plant may put you to sleep or leave you stuck on the couch"

Another great thing about this strain is that unlike Big-Bud, this fucker will let you smoke heavily over a long period of time, and you still won't have built up much tolerance. Another strain I believe everyone should have in their collection. More Sativa than indica, but you still get stoned if you smoke enough. What I like about this is that you can kinda choose whether you want to get high or stoned or both, depending on how much you smoke. Great in the vaporizer. Unlike many descriptions online however - It doesn't stink that much. Amnesia and Big-Bud stinks a lot more to put it that way

Idk - I never wrote a smoke-report. What kind of information should such a report contain? And where should I post this?

Oki :) Found it. I'll make a smoke-report on 3 of the strains. The Northern lights doesn't seem to be very potent. Considering to make hash of the entire batch. Will see after it's properly dried and cured.

How To Write A Strain Review

A little note about pheno's

As I have mentioned previously, I kept the clones from both Big-Bud #1 and Big-Bud #3. The reason for this is that I discovered these two plants were two different phenotypes of this strain. One of them completely green, and one that turned purple during flowering. They both created big buds and I am hopefully waiting to see if they also have different effects. My hopes are that when I build up tolerance for one of them, I can just continue with the other one. This is yet to be figured out though, so for now I keep them both.

I have done some research and found out there is 3 known phenotypes of Big-Bud. one sativa-dominant, one indica-dominant and a third, homogeneous phenotype also exists. This makes me wonder which 2 of them I got my hands on here. I notice that the purple pheno also have a very distinctive purple-like stem. Check out the difference between the two:

phenos_purple.jpg

Big-Bud #3 - Purple pheno
phenos_purple_2.jpg

Big-Bud #3 - Purple pheno close-up

phenos_green.jpg

Big-Bud #1 - Green pheno - Notice how this pheno have purple stripes on the stem. Less white "hairs" than the purple pheno

The other living clones are Pure Power Plants. I will most likely only keep Pure Power Plant #1, but keeping #2 alive for now. Number 2 is looking quite droopy though. Not sure what that is about. It's receiving the same love as the others.

phenos.jpg

Did any of you test out the different phenotypes of Big-Bud? Which one did you try?

Took a look at the Amnesia plant. It will be challenging to re-veg. All the lower branches were removed from that plant. Kinda stupid of me. Not sure whether to give it a shot or not. Maybe I should have thought about this earlier :)

Wow! The big-bud cola is 60 grams!! That's really impressive

Repotted the mother-plants today, put some catnip in the skull-pots, and planted some tomato-bushes seeds

REPOTTING2.jpg

A minor update :)
harvest_day4.jpg

Cut down the buds from Big-Bud #1 today. The big cola is 60 grams. The rest is not 100% dry yet so still waiting for dry weight. Looking good so far. Big-Bud #1 was a big producer. Can't wait to try that one out in scrog. Should easily give one gram per watt. This is the buds after the trim. Threw most of the popcorn buds among the trim.

trim_001.jpg

Plenty of trim. Gonna make bubble-hash from some of it and perhaps some canna-butter. What do you think I should do with it? Still plenty of plants left to trim though. It's one of the most boring things I can think of to do, so I tend to take a plant per day or two throughout an entire week. Then it's time for curing. Should be ready for curing around Saturday.

trim_002.jpg

Stems from mostly Northern Lights and Big-Bud #1

trim_003.jpg

As any responsible grower, I have started planning the next grow. Right now I have 3 bags of beans laying around. The classic White widow from Dutch Passion is definitely going to be one of the strains. This strain brings me back to the 90's and Amsterdam. Good memories. This one will make my smile really huge.

"White Widow is a classic, a winner of countless awards with a reputation as one of the most powerful strains ever created. Our geneticists have worked intensively on this potent and vigorous strain to optimize and then stabilize the best features. The result is a legendary and highly desirable variety that is covered with crystals and delivers generous levels of excellent quality bud. The Dutch Passion White Widow strain is extremely consistent and easy to grow with any grow method. The quality and consistency is particularly pronounced in our feminized version which has become a best-seller and a standard that other seed companies strive to match. Dutch Passions White Widow was perfected many years before most of today’s seed companies were even established. That’s why many true White Widow aficionados don't mind paying that little bit extra to get genuine 1980's F1 White Widow genetics, with the authentic smell, taste and unmistakably extreme high. Today many commercial seed companies offer White Widow seeds but many of these are distant imitations of the original"

strain_001.jpg

Then we have these beans. Nirvana seeds - Bubbleicious. Didn't grow this one before, but in theory it should work well with White widow in the Autopot system. Did any of you grow this one? Anything I should know about the strain? One of it's parents is my long time favorite Big-Bud, so it's very interesting. Have hopes for this one!

"Resin-laden, sticky, sparkling with THC.
Sweet pink bubblegum taste. Strong and vigorous plants. Delicious relaxing body buzz. Bubblelicious was developed in the Midwest, U.S.A., then brought to the Netherlands in the 1990s to be further refined. Its plants grow vigorously and finish flowering in about 8 weeks. Bubblelicious is highly resinous and extra sweet. Certain phenotypes will actually display a distinct pink bubblegum scent and flavor"
strain_002.jpg

Then we have this little gem. Nordic Kalashnikov from Norden seeds. A company specializing in making beans for colder climates. Don't think I'll grow this one this round, but am very curious about it. Wonder if it would work to grow outside here? Anyone tried beans from this company? We'll find out soon enough how good these are.

"The Nordic Kalashnikov is one of our later strains and also one of the most popular ones. Nordic Kalashnikov was created from cuttings of a Northern Light mother and crossed with cuttings of a potent AK47 mother"

Information from Seedfinder:

"This variety gives a big yield and produces massive, compact and heavy buds. The plant does not need too much vegetation time if you are short on space in height.

Are you short on height in your growing space, we recommend not to vegetate longer than 2 weeks before putting on the light to 12/12. If you have good roof height - 4 weeks of growth before the 12/12 is just enough. Works good both to SOG and ECROG.

Nordic Kalashnikov has a strong typical weed smell.

The high is strong and powerful, 50/50 on head and body"

strain_003.jpg

All these strains have around 8-9 weeks flowering time, so they could probably be grown together. But I think I'll go for two of them. Especially since Nordic Kalashnikov have Northern lights genes, I worry about the same happening as in this grow. Paranoia much? Sure! But I don't know. I would feel safer if I grew that strain in an independent system :)

So did you try any of these strains? Tell me all about it!

DeVille

Back
Top Bottom