10 watt double chip LED?

WOLFtick3t

Hello all,

Was window shopping for some more lights (favourite hobby) and came across this...

King Plus 600w Double Chips LED Grow Light Full Specturm for Greenhouse and Indoor Plant Flowering Growing (10w Leds)

Not that I am any expert but it sounds too good to be true? 600 "watts" (not actual draw, but specified) is a ton for under $200 Canadian and they also discounted their older lights for clearance.

Sure does sound like a great deal. Just be weary about cheap LEDs. That's pretty much the only problem with LEDs. They can come cheap. Which in turn leads to poor quality and bigger problems down the line.
So, it will come down to preference. Do you want to get something temporary then upgrade when funds are more readily available or hold out for something a little more expensive.

Either way, the best way, is to learn from experience. I can't say I've tried every single cheap LED to determine that they ALL suck so, perhaps this could be the deal of a life time.

All the best in your decision!

For sure! I'm not so curious about the brand or quality as these 10 watt 'double chip' LED's.

I've got similar 360 and 180 watt units that uses 3 watt 'single chip' LED's where these ones use the 'double chip' 5 watt LED's for 10 watts per piece.

360 watts of the old style currently costs $169 while these new 600's are $189 and 800's are like $210.

Wolfie, just grab yourself a Mars Hydro. Plenty of grows on here completed with them and you can get a smoking deal on their old style lights.

That is pretty much what I was wondering! Thanks for the video :Namaste: very helpful.

I am not really shopping so much as window shopping :volcano-smiley: haha. Just like to poke around and see what's new. Really like the Mars Hydro lights though.

lol that felt like a scammer exposing a scammer. she did the weight test for both she compared them both she check the wattage on both but she checked the par on the noname panel but never checked the par on her own led panel and ohhh dont try to check the par your not a professional...lolll im not saying apogee is accurate but it sure gives u a damn good idea... and if i understood is claim that different far-red and red ratios speeds up flowering... thats probably the only things that he said that was true loll... and that also tells me you dont do much research to better your product.

lol that felt like a scammer exposing a scammer. she did the weight test for both she compared them both she check the wattage on both but she checked the par on the noname panel but never checked the par on her own led panel and ohhh dont try to check the par your not a professional...lolll im not saying apogee is accurate but it sure gives u a damn good idea... and if i understood is claim that different far-red and red ratios speeds up flowering... thats probably the only things that he said that was true loll... and that also tells me you dont do much research to better your product.

Marshydro is anything but a scammer. They make solid cheap lights. They have other videos where you can see the par performance of their lights. Not my personal preference as I like my 3 watt lights with secondary focusing optics, but for a person new to growing it is hard to beat their 62 bucks for 130 watts actual draw lights.

Marshydro is anything but a scammer. They make solid cheap lights. They have other videos where you can see the par performance of their lights. Not my personal preference as I like my 3 watt lights with secondary focusing optics, but for a person new to growing it is hard to beat their 62 bucks for 130 watts actual draw lights.

Ok thanks for the info i'll check them out, I dont really follow the new technology anymore, 3w leds with secondary focusing optics is all you need to produce awesome buds....I will agree on that.. but most of all the led light companies are scammers to me... instead of improving the weight, heat dispersion, coverage footprint, and par intensity on panels... they just wanna throw the next most expensive untested cob chip in there and sell u worthless products... like you said cheap lights will come at a cheap price that aint really so cheap and good led will come at 3x mark up price. Im waiting for someone honest to come out with a real quality and good price led. 3w osrams with secondary focusing optics with better coverage better penetration lighter weight producing less heat with possibility to control spectrums.

I get where you're coming from, Dropout. I've been following LED tech since I was 16 a decade (fine, 2 decades...) ago. First for the odd little project here and there and then later when I went to school for digital imaging and we were just starting to use LED panels for video and photo as the prices started to come down. There has been (and always is, with 'tech' stuff) lots of pretty ridiculous advertising material and claims of 'amazing!' (usually breaking several laws of physics) results. Flashes and light modifiers for photographers often pull that sort of thing too. Trying to hide actual specs or suggest they do something a more expensive unit does when they cost 1/3rd the price.

There's lots of room for different price points, though, and in my limited experience the folks at Mars Hydro are very upfront about their products. For my little grow room a Mars Hydro panel for the flowering side would be pretty classy, haha.

:Namaste:

I won a New King 900W, which is also sold on eBay under the name of GrowBOSS 900W.

Fortunately I won the bid at a much reduced price, but still disappointed at the specs all being false.

This is the 'false' information shown on eBay for these LED grow lights.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Technical Specification:
LED Type: 6W High Power LEDs from Bridgelux and Epistar LED.
LED Power : 150X6W=900W
Power Consumption: 595W+-5%
Lumens: 38200-49000lm

Features:
Thermal Management: Custom copper core heatsinks
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The power consumption on my power meter is actually only 255w
The LED type is actually 3W type based on power consumption, though stated on eBay as 6W type.
Lumens on my light meter at 20 inches is around 7000lm.
There are no heatsinks at all in the unit, just 2 fans that blow air over the alloy covered circuit board.

Let the buyer beware for NewKing and GrowBOSS listings. They are not to be trusted!

I checked out mars hydro, I will say that they are more fairly priced then all the other leds who are using epistar/epiled.... but i would never buy a led with no UV like my leaves crusted in a thick layer of trichomes.... their spectrum just really sucks... you can get an apollo or galaxyhydro on amazon for cheaper and i bet they produce better....spectrum is very important...

I get where you're coming from, Dropout. I've been following LED tech since I was 16 a decade (fine, 2 decades...) ago. First for the odd little project here and there and then later when I went to school for digital imaging and we were just starting to use LED panels for video and photo as the prices started to come down. There has been (and always is, with 'tech' stuff) lots of pretty ridiculous advertising material and claims of 'amazing!' (usually breaking several laws of physics) results. Flashes and light modifiers for photographers often pull that sort of thing too. Trying to hide actual specs or suggest they do something a more expensive unit does when they cost 1/3rd the price.

There's lots of room for different price points, though, and in my limited experience the folks at Mars Hydro are very upfront about their products. For my little grow room a Mars Hydro panel for the flowering side would be pretty classy, haha.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom