100 clones under 1000w HPS?

Dankshiznat

I have a question for you all...

If I had 100 clones of sweet tooth #1 (fairly high yielder) they are about 4-6 inches tall (real lanky) and only had 1 1000w HPS light and put the clones in 8 oz Styrofoam cups (3 inches tall, reallly light weight) and was to put them on 12/12 today how much would I roughly yield?

Now if I was to veg them for about 1 more week and put them into 1 gallon pots before changing light to 12/12 and I was to purchase a 9 foot light mover to increase spacing of plants and angles of light, how much would that increase the yield?

I'm new to growing especially indoors, so your insight is really appreciated, thanks.

And also what would you suggest between purchasing a 9foot light mover for the 1000watter or a 400w HPS? Which wold be better for sustaining the 100 clones... Thanks so much.

Your talkin sea of green my friend (SOG). With your setup I would suggest getting a 6ft rail with a MH bulb. Veg them out to about 12-18 inches (1-2 weeks). You might have to reduce your plant number to avoid getting skinny weightless buds due to issues with over-crowding and lack of light. Personally I would run 50 18 inch clones 5x10plants in your 4x8 space with the 6ft rail.
A heavy yielding strain to me means aprx 500-600g per meter squared, give or take. That 4x8 space is roughly twice that (1000-1200g).
Another good way to judge your yield is by your light. A goal often achieved by experienced growers is roughly a gram per watt of light. Remember this often comes with experience so don't be discouraged if you happen to fall short.
Good luck with your grow man, whatever you wind up doing I'm sure it'll be a great experience.

I think 100 clones is way too many plants for 1000 watts. You would be better off growing 30 or so, those styrofoam cups aren't big enough to hold a root system of a budding plant.

Your talkin sea of green my friend (SOG). With your setup I would suggest getting a 6ft rail with a MH bulb. Veg them out to about 12-18 inches (1-2 weeks). You might have to reduce your plant number to avoid getting skinny weightless buds due to issues with over-crowding and lack of light. Personally I would run 50 18 inch clones 5x10plants in your 4x8 space with the 6ft rail.
A heavy yielding strain to me means aprx 500-600g per meter squared, give or take. That 4x8 space is roughly twice that (1000-1200g).
Another good way to judge your yield is by your light. A goal often achieved by experienced growers is roughly a gram per watt of light. Remember this often comes with experience so don't be discouraged if you happen to fall short.
Good luck with your grow man, whatever you wind up doing I'm sure it'll be a great experience.

I think 100 clones is way too many plants for 1000 watts. You would be better off growing 30 or so, those styrofoam cups aren't big enough to hold a root system of a budding plant.

d00ds, you guys are replying to a 7 month old thread.
the guy who posted this has not posted since 10/21/2010.

Kudos to you both for being thorough 420 members.
:tokin:

Peace
-ChicagoJoe

Back
Top Bottom