100% noob checking in!

Galavant

420 Member
Hello all!
I would like to give a little background info on myself. First and foremost, I will throw it out that I am almost 29 and have never smoked cannabis, a single cigarette, or done any other drug for that matter. The only exception has been the past 3 months or so. I have a miserably painful TMJ disorder, knee pain from a motorcycle accident, sleep apnea, insomnia, anxiety, migraines, and PTSD. And yes, they all are legitimate with a decade's worth of medical records. I have held out for +10 years to seek any on going treatment because I come from a long line of addicts on my mother's side of the family. I am not interested in any pharmasudicals chiefly for that reason. Hell, I don't even drink because of it.

I have tried everything... meditation, cognitive behaviorial therapy, hypnosis, every legal herbal concoction, and a plethora of OTC and old wives remedies. Well, the day came about three months ago where I finally admitted I needed some help and couldn't take it any more. I went to the doctor, and 30 minutes later I was prescribed several medications, including 60mg of temazapan a night for sleep and anxiety. That night, I will admit, was amazing. It was the BEST night of pain-free sleep I can remember having since coming back from Afghanistan 4 years ago. Everything was awesome for about a week, until I noticed the sleep was a little less uplifting each night. Then I noticed I had an urge to take my temazapan. Just occasionally at first, but pretty soon it was all the time. I tried to stop taking it and found I COULD NOT sleep a second without it. All I did was toss and turn and itch and twitch and sweat all night. What's worse is everything aggravated me, and I knew that there was no reason for it in the back of my mind. When I blew up on my wife because she wanted to go out to dinner, I realized that stuff was warping my mind. I weened myself off of the meds under Doc's supervision and was back to my normal, easy going loveable self in a week.

Luckily, I have a very understanding doctor who told me I'm obviously not a junkie and that if I do my research and find a therapy I wish to try she will sign off on it. Well, an old Army buddy of mine with similar problems descreetly mentioned he used cannabis for similar problems. I was somewhat dumbstruck to say the least! This guy was an upstanding strait shooter, not some drugged out bum! Then a coworker of mine (who used to work at a commercial cannabis farm) told me the same thing. I pretty much dismissed the notion, but did agree to do a little reaserch.

The more I read, the more dumbfounded I became! The more dumbfounded I became, the more I had to research! I feel like the wool has been lifted from my eyes. Long story short, after much trolling over the past month of every English speaking cannabis forum on the web, I decided to join this forum (and ONLY this one!).

I currently am in the process of getting my card, although going at it alone with being a total "virgin", it is somewhat unnerving. I'm still a little afraid if I inject 5 whole marijuanas I'll end up with a bad case of the reefer madness and end up naked running around mugging granny's for their social security checks! Jk.....sorta....

Anywho that's pretty much my story. I'm sure I'll be around here for a good long while.

P.s. sorry for typos and grammer, I'm posting with a phone.

Welcome to:420: Galavant!
And congrats on taking the step in getting your card. You will find a lot of helpful folks with similar issues and a whole world of information here. If you have questions this is the best website to find your answers!
BTW don't worry about "mugging grannies" lol! Ther worst thing I ever did while smoking pot was..........nothing at all. Worst case scenario you might take a nap.:thumb::peace:

Thank you all for the warm reception. I noticed that kindness and general manners seem to be somewhat unique to this forum compared to the other cannabis sites I have trolled for the past few weeks. I don't have a lot of support where I am at right now and am looking forward to becoming a member worthy of a place in this great community!

Back
Top Bottom