100% nutes all the time?

phatz06

I see most people recommend just doing 25% or 50% nutes. If I always go with 100% of what the vendor recommends...is it bad for the plant? Or is it just wasteful?

I just had my plant keel over. I just started using LEDs...so wondering if that was the cause...maybe the lights were too close? Or if it was because the water had so many nutes in it.

Everything else was pretty much the same as what I normally do.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I see most people recommend just doing 25% or 50% nutes. If I always go with 100% of what the vendor recommends...is it bad for the plant? Or is it just wasteful?

I just had my plant keel over. I just started using LEDs...so wondering if that was the cause...maybe the lights were too close? Or if it was because the water had so many nutes in it.

Everything else was pretty much the same as what I normally do.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Well, there's not enough info provided to determine what went wrong, but in short, some strains are heavier feeders than others and can tolerate higher PPM's of nutes. It's best to start lighter and work your way up. When you see the leaf tips getting burned, you should back-off the PPM's. Also, young plants/seedlings cannot tolerate the same (high) PPM's as adult plants. Usually, you don't start feeding until the plant has three full sets of leaves, then start light and work up.

As for your issue....

Were you using soil or hydro? When you say "keel over", exactly what were the symptoms? What were your other environmentals (temp, RH, etc.). How far did you have the LED's from the plants? How old were the plants?

Sounds to me like too many nutes. the tips started yellowing. Rockwool cube in hydroton. I went easy on them for first week then turned it on.

I grow trees indoors using ~25% recommended by AN.

good to know. gonna be using AN soon and have gotten conflicting info locally whether to go full strength or not.

good to know. gonna be using AN soon and have gotten conflicting info locally whether to go full strength or not.

AN has a grower's support line and I HIGHLY recommend you call and speak to them. They're very helpful and you'll find the dosage they recommend will depend on the type of medium you're using. For example, with DWC, the plant is sitting in the nutrient solution all of it's life and they will recommend a lighter dosage than if using soil where you're only adding nutes once every week or two.

RDWC and hempy. was planning a hempy grow just to get my head around the nutes and additives first. if that went well was gonna fire up the RDWC for an experimental run. kinda figgered the nute strengths would be similar between the two.

haven't tried the support line, we get all the US numbers printed on our products, and they generally mean nothing here

Back
Top Bottom