1000W Digital Ballast $199 Shipped! 2 x 1000W Digital Ballast $349.99 Shipped!

That is true ilikebike safety always comes first. Fire was and still is and always will be my #1 fear. So I try and do my best in there.When my lights come on I will go take a look at the brand name. What I liked about my kit is the ballast, and hood I got alot of ideas off that hood.
Digitalgrow its a nice ballast and I would probably buy 1 in the future. Throw in a umbrella style hood were I can hang my bulb either way Vert or Horz ( for free ). Just kidding..The more I sit here and look at it Im liking it more and more.
Im just 1 of those guys that want it all for next to nothing.The only thing is, is Im always paying for it.
But safety is first and for most.

That is true ilikebike safety always comes first. Fire was and still is and always will be my #1 fear. So I try and do my best in there.When my lights come on I will go take a look at the brand name. What I liked about my kit is the ballast, and hood I got alot of ideas off that hood.
Digitalgrow its a nice ballast and I would probably buy 1 in the future. Throw in a umbrella style hood were I can hang my bulb either way Vert or Horz ( for free ). Just kidding..The more I sit here and look at it Im liking it more and more.
Im just 1 of those guys that want it all for next to nothing.The only thing is, is Im always paying for it.
But safety is first and for most.

:thumb: Glad to hear! safety always 1st!:bravo:

? for you do the ballast come with both cords? thx

i think i could answer this one for DigitalGrow

All the ballast come with a heavy duty 120/240v cord. The ballast can run off either 120v or 240v it will automatically know which voltage you are running.

So yes the ballast(s) do come with HEAVY DUTY POWER CORDS

I think they use 16g wires in the power cord.

Thanks for stopping buy and may i suggest buying one of these ballast, they work the balls!

? for you do the ballast come with both cords? thx

120V cord only, but the ballast is 120/240V so if you are using 240V with the 120V outlet it will work with our cord. I believe Canada is 120V

and all the ballast we are shipping out now they are 14G wires :thumb:

Info will be updated end of this month for the bundle we are coming out with

No idea i have the old style ballast, I've only seen the electronic ballast online. Do you know if i can use the old cords? How does it connect to the new ballast?

I have only seen 2 types, one standard and Hydrofarm's version

IMG_5924.JPG

My reflector cord is only hard wired to the ballast not the reflector (cool-tube). At the end of each grow i always disconnect the reflector, for more room to dry... What cord do i need for your ballast and where can i get them?

My reflector cord is only hard wired to the ballast not the reflector (cool-tube). At the end of each grow i always disconnect the reflector, for more room to dry... What cord do i need for your ballast and where can i get them?

If you'd post a picture of your reflector's receptacle it'd help buckets.

Modern grow-light reflectors are, AfaIK, pretty standard. The two types referenced above and the occasional "wire your own." Industrial/commercial lighting applications seem to be the wire your own kind. If you've got an oddball - perhaps a company created their own in order to sell you their own components as much as possible - then you should be able to find an adapter, but there's no guarantee.

Wiring your own is completely safe... IF you know what you are doing or you are able to both follow directions and learn enough to understand why the directions said to do what. But I'd recommend that a person doing it create something, buy an adapter or extension and wire that in. That way you don't lose the convenience of being able to unplug your components and you don't butcher any cords.

I completely understand recommending people don't fab up their own cords/connections. You cannot guarantee that the person who will be doing it has the aptitude for doing it safely. A well-meaning individual might end up burning their house down or getting shocked/electrocuted through no fault of the supplier, and not only might the supplier feel bad about the disaster, it can also cast shadows on the supplier's rep when said supplier did nothing wrong in the first place. Not to mention having to explain to a disgruntled would-be electrician that, yes, there is an excellent warranty on the component - but, no, it doesn't cover damages caused by the customer destroying the product himself. (Not everyone understands that the warranties don't count when you tear sh!t up, lol.)

If you'd post a picture of your reflector's receptacle it'd help buckets.

Modern grow-light reflectors are, AfaIK, pretty standard. The two types referenced above and the occasional "wire your own." Industrial/commercial lighting applications seem to be the wire your own kind. If you've got an oddball - perhaps a company created their own in order to sell you their own components as much as possible - then you should be able to find an adapter, but there's no guarantee.

Wiring your own is completely safe... IF you know what you are doing or you are able to both follow directions and learn enough to understand why the directions said to do what. But I'd recommend that a person doing it create something, buy an adapter or extension and wire that in. That way you don't lose the convenience of being able to unplug your components and you don't butcher any cords.

I completely understand recommending people don't fab up their own cords/connections. You cannot guarantee that the person who will be doing it has the aptitude for doing it safely. A well-meaning individual might end up burning their house down or getting shocked/electrocuted through no fault of the supplier, and not only might the supplier feel bad about the disaster, it can also cast shadows on the supplier's rep when said supplier did nothing wrong in the first place. Not to mention having to explain to a disgruntled would-be electrician that, yes, there is an excellent warranty on the component - but, no, it doesn't cover damages caused by the customer destroying the product himself. (Not everyone understands that the warranties don't count when you tear sh!t up, lol.)

If you check out grow#4 you can see how the cool-tube hooks up.:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom