1000W Double-Ended - 4x8 Gallon RDWC - 5x5 Gorilla Grow

Whitehammer61

Hello fellow growers this is going to be my first documented grow. Been growing on and off for sometime now. This is going to be my first run at dwc. Pretty excited to share my grow with my fellow growers. Always learning new things and ready to learn more, so please feel free to throw your input my way. So let's get this rolling......

So my setup consists of:

5x5 gorilla grow tent with 1ft extension
Sun sytem AC\DE hood
Solis tek 1k digital matrix ballast
Solis tek 600w mh de
Solis tek 1000w hps DE
8" hyperfan
DIY UC4XL 8 gal rdwc - still in progress
Eco plus 5 air pump

_Still need....
1/4hp water chiller
9000btu ac
Titan hyperion 1 eviromental controller

Strain....
4x heavy yielding tangie cuts

Tangie mother I'm using
20151124_142756_zpsblopdoey.jpg

First cutting

image-20151124_174002_zpsaibnsvqs.jpg

While I wait for these to root gives me time to finish my rdwc setup and dialing everything in. More to come

Thanks guys, been growing for a while. Alaways wanted to give dwc a shot. That under current is bad ass but not for the coin. Buying there 3" bulk heads and some 3" pvc soon to finish everything up. It's winter so I don't think I need the chiller yet we shall see tho.

Was thinking about running tea instead of nutes. Been reading mixed things saying run sterile vs bennie. What do you all recommend for dwc?

Ok so I finished one of the buckets to throw that mother in, came out pretty good. Got some micro bubble dual air stone reatailed like 40$ got it on clearence at 30% off ☺Orderd 9 of the 3" spin tight bulk heads, have 5 - 8gal uc look a like black buckets with lids already. Just needs to be put all together. Should be rolling with in the week or so...
image-20151125_110224_zpsgktrfu7q.jpg

image-20151125_110345_zpstrjeofcq.jpg
[/URL]

That dual airstone puts out some serious bubbles. Super fine bubbles, down to .25 micron!!

OK so I took about 10 cuts off my mother. Never had clones curl up like this? Any thoughts... it is pretty cold as of right now. It's only happening to 3 out of the 10. Moved them into a warmer room with a heater. And my mother went into flower also for about 4 days lol.
20151128_195447_zpsgaqt3ixr.jpg

These are the 2 with it the worst
20151128_195437_zpstltky4vk.jpg

OK so finally got everything setup for the most part. Picking up my eco plus 1\4 up water chiller on the first. I'm only running a 4 bucket rdwc, should be more than enough to keep that water at 65 - 68f. Have my mother chilling in there under that 600w for now.

Have a couple more days of waiting for the cuttings to root. Cut 10 need 5 to survive. 4 for the system and another mother.

Gorilla 5x5 with 1 foot extension, giving me around 9ft of height.
20151129_161802_zpshyoofxa9.jpg

20151129_161410_zps0ebppz8p.jpg

20151129_161745_zps4bgrlffs.jpg

Got the sun system ac\DE hood all setup, she a bad bitch.
20151129_161525_zpshrtq6z3t.jpg

20151129_161545_zpsoi2mkzj6.jpg

Mother just chilling
20151129_161533_zpsyfmkmygq.jpg

Got the Solis tek matrix mounted
20151129_161737_zpsvtju86om.jpg

Eco air 5 pump setup
20151129_161556_zpskbuiklgx.jpg

So far pretty happy, still have some more equip to buy and setup.

Well couldn't take it anymore, took that mother out of its pot. And carefully rinsed off all the soil. Root mass wasn't that big lol. Placed it in my net pot and filled it with hydroton. Filled pale with about 6 gal of water, just to the bottom of the net pot and added 15ml of advanced nutrient ph perfect sensi grow I had laying around.

Well let's see how it goes
20151129_200848_zpse64f8gdq.jpg

20151129_200927_zpsl1jksodh.jpg

Waiting on my blue lab guardian in the mail so I have no idea what the water temp is at the moment. Felt the side and it's pretty cold at the moment. PH is 5.8 due to the pH perfect.

Picked up a brand new eco plus 1/4 hp water chiller from Craigslist for 200$!!! Hooked everything up to a eco plus 660gph pump. This thing is over kill for my setup, drops the temp in seconds lol, but will come in handy during the summer. I have it set to 64f, is this too cold??

Now all I need is a blue lab guardian to finish dialing everything in.
20151130_151551_zpsdqyysulg.jpg

20151130_151529_zpscgilr30q.jpg
20151130_151543_zpsy8rxps77.jpg
20151130_151500_zpsnisv4pdy.jpg

Subbed!:popcorn:
Nice setup! I have a GG lite tent with extension. Nice kit.
My last two runs I ran bottled nutes (Dutch Master gold) in a sterile rez. No bugs or problems the entire two runs.
I would love to go organic and use cooked coco but I enjoyed running DWC in 5 gal pots. Root growth was off the charts. Best of green luck to you in your grow!
got_roots.JPG

Thanks stage, first attempt at dwc, than switching to a 4 8gal rdwc in about 2 weeks. The roots should go down and find the water? Or should I fill it up to the net pot until roots drop?

Whitehammer,
If possible...I would top feed until the roots reach downward. Once they peeking beyond the netpot....you should be set. Your mother plant is almost there.

Hey Rifleman!
It's possible man.... i peeked in your yard. Nice POTM candidate my man! You are the front runner! Good luck bro!:high-five:

Whitehammer,
If possible...I would top feed until the roots reach downward. Once they peeking beyond the netpot....you should be set. Your mother plant is almost there.

OK than I should drain a little out have the water touching the very bottom of the net pot. Also I think I gave the mother a hot dose as some of the leaf edges are turning brown. Not all but some.... I'm using advanced nutrient pH perfect sensi grow I had laying around. Puts my water at 5.8 and last about 2 weeks. Gave her 15ml of a and b. They recommend 4ml per liter. Or maybe the plant is in shock from switching from soil to hydro lol. Well see if she stabilizes out in the next couple of days.

OK so things seem to be looking a little better I am somewhat of a perfectionist when it comes to growing lol, I am able to drop the rez temp as low as I want. Was testing it out and can drop temp down to 60f, lower if I wanted. Went back to 64f because the chiller kept kicking on more frequent and didn't want to burn it up. was reading the colder the better. Should I keep it at 64f or drop it to 60f?

I have never used a chiller before but I have grown in the winter and my dwc growth would slow when water temps hit the 50's. 64f sounds ideal.

Hey bud I have the same tent and lighting setup. I have been considering trying that style of buckets instead of my totes...and possibly undercurrent setup like you are talking about. So I am wondering where you got the bucket and bulk heads from? Did you just get that from CC? All the stuff I can find seems ridiculously expensive for some plastic.

And I like to run a living tea. When I add it to my res my nute uptake doubles and the plants just explode. But I don't think there is a correct answer. I just like doing it. I think it is fun.

:Namaste:

Hey bud I have the same tent and lighting setup. I have been considering trying that style of buckets instead of my totes...and possibly undercurrent setup like you are talking about. So I am wondering where you got the bucket and bulk heads from? Did you just get that from CC? All the stuff I can find seems ridiculously expensive for some plastic.

And I like to run a living tea. When I add it to my res my nute uptake doubles and the plants just explode. But I don't think there is a correct answer. I just like doing it. I think it is fun.

:Namaste:

Hey villi thanks for stopping by, I went to my local hydro spot and got the buckets and lids from them. They are black 8 gal ropak buckets. Pretty cheap think they were like 8 dollars a bucket and 3$ for the lid. They also carry the 13 gallon ones also. Wish I could run another extension kit I would run those.

I orderd the uc 3" spin tight bulk heads from my spot to. They get them direct from cc I believe. They where about 12 or 13$ a piece. Had to get 9 for my 4 bucket setup.

I wanted to run tea also, along with nutes, thinking of running house and garden aqua a and b with tea. I keep my bucket at 63-65f i shouldn't get any rot? I've gotten it in the past and that's why I have steered clear of hydro for a while. Waiting on my clones to root and get the DIY UC4xl rdwc system finished so I can get this grow rolling. Using my mother as a test dummy right now lol.

Back
Top Bottom