1000W Double-Ended - 4x8 Gallon RDWC - 5x5 Gorilla Grow

I have talked to a couple of sales reps and 2 owners about these systems. The water flow is not the secret the secret is in the excessive air due to air stones in the epicenter and all the sites and the mixing back at the epicenter. One owner told me the pump was not really pushing that much water. I have seen videos and it looks like they are but this guy works at a hydro store and has the official CC setup and said it was all about the air. The circulation is just to get more air to the roots from the epicenter which is full of air stones or air tubes.

That makes a lot more sense to me. The water does not need to flow that fast to keep the nutes moving.

When I build my next one it will be gravity feed return with the epicenter totally filled with row upon row of those flexible tube air diffusers like these
Flexible Air Diffuser 4ft - Air Pumps & Diffusers - Hydroponics

And probably line the site buckets with those as well. You can't have too much air.

Yeah those flexible air diffusers look bad ass. the stock uc4xl uses a 250gph danner mag drive pump and an air force 40 air pump 40ltr per hr. im going to go with the 4" discs, my air pump puts out over 70ltr per hr. Im using a 660gph pump rated for my chiller to run the entire system. should have that water moving and get good circulation. CC recommends 1.5lph per gallon for super charged aeration. there is a ball valve pressure reg before the inline filter on my return manifold to slow flow if needed. when i can afford it will get larger air diffusers.

So my mother is recovering, she did not like the switch to dwc. all clones look good and should be rooting soon. the tips are starting to yellow which is a good sign in my book. show me those roots......

20151204_172312_zps903wynio.jpg

20151204_172319_zpsm1hho1js.jpg

I love training them, i like them short and bushy
20151204_172414_zpsqczp8ejd.jpg

20151204_172332_zpsiwo6wfao.jpg

Last time I take cuttings off a flowering plant, they take forever to root and about 2 weeks to go back into veg.

Ok so I got bored and tired of waiting for my clones to root, not used to them taking this long lol. So I took one of the 8 gal ropak containers and knocked out a little water chilled 9 site aero cloner. I've built many in the past and I really like the results.

Used an extra ecoplus 660gph pump to power the unit. Running 2 caps full of bleach through this thing right now for about and hour than rinse. And flush for about 30mins reg tap water.

Than taking cuttings out of rock wool cubes and throwing them in the new system. This thing should come in handy in the future. Can get bare roots straight out of cloner and into to rdwc. Straight roots no growing media ☺
20151207_111238_zpsizqsdmxg.jpg
20151207_111252_zpsarkful2i.jpg
20151207_113031_zpsmykjhmlv.jpg
20151207_113044_zpsmticliex.jpg

Running 1/2tsp per gal of this stuff also
20151207_114120_zpsubofs0wk.jpg

Pulled them all out of there Rockwood cubes 1 at a time and the yellowing ones had root nubs. Rockwood just takes too long for my liking. Dropped an airstone in it also. Threw them in my cloner and added 2tsp of the KLN rooting hormone and 20ml of root rush I got with a titan Flo and gro I got a while back. Supposed to prevent the bad slime shit and make bright wHite roots. Should have roots in a couple days. If it gets too hot or I see that slime I hate, cleaning it out and hooking the chiller up to it.
20151207_122441_zpsjpkuwpwq.jpg

Cloner is working perfectly, been running all day and clones are responding well. Temps were out of my comfort zone, hit 78f. So I hooked up the chiller and have it set at 63f-65f. Things are finally working and moving in the right direction.... need to get my RDWC done in the next 4 days cause we have roots roots roots

Not knocking Rockwood but do what your comfortable with, and got to love those home made aero cloners.

20151207_201542_zpshltf3zgo.jpg
20151207_201534_zpsveojzrlu.jpg
20151207_201602_zps2zecxln8.jpg

I wont use rockwool for many reasons myself. Looks good man! Once I stopped perpetual I have a hard time growing the clones slow enough so I never went to one of those supper cloners I just stick to old school stuff.

Did you know you are monster cropping or are you just the lucky fool who stumbled onto a pot of gold?

I wont use rockwool for many reasons myself. Looks good man! Once I stopped perpetual I have a hard time growing the clones slow enough so I never went to one of those supper cloners I just stick to old school stuff.

Did you know you are monster cropping or are you just the lucky fool who stumbled onto a pot of gold?

Monster cropping?

google it...

When you clone a plant that is in bloom you have to revert it back to veg. Not crazy hard but many people fail. But when you do this and regrow the plant freaks out. It starts to grow mad amounts of branches and nodes and they turn into supper yielding bushes.

You have flowers on those clones. If you do it right you will have plants that you wont believe. But it takes a good long time. They have to revert to veg before they are going to grow. Be patient, show some restraint, don't over fertilize...you will be amazed.

google it...

When you clone a plant that is in bloom you have to revert it back to veg. Not crazy hard but many people fail. But when you do this and regrow the plant freaks out. It starts to grow mad amounts of branches and nodes and they turn into supper yielding bushes.

You have flowers on those clones. If you do it right you will have plants that you wont believe. But it takes a good long time. They have to revert to veg before they are going to grow. Be patient, show some restraint, don't over fertilize...you will be amazed.

Oh I got you, well hopefully 4 of them are going into that RDWC system.... yeah I've taken clones off about 80% of flowering plants in my day, I hate it lol. Takes about 2 to 3 weeks to go back into veg. And yes I have noticed once they do start pushing new leaves they grow crazy. These ones are already starting to show new leaves. The new growth is usually very light green, compared to the older growth.
These 9 may have to grow in this cloner until I get the system finished. I put that dual micro pore air stone in it. So it's kind of a mix between aero and dwc. When roots hit water turning off the sprayers. Hopefully I can get the RDWC system done in the next 4 days.

No humidity dome needed? Nice work .. whats your humidity and daytime temps like where u are? Ive been going ok cloning with rockwool but always need a humidity dome or its sure death.. been thinking about a diy cloner

I live in southern cali so it's cold asf right now. Never really use a dome and don't spray my clones. I'm sure with warmer temps they would have rooted faster in rockwool. I'm just used to the DIY cloners. I've owned the name brand cloners also and prefer my DIY ones. There super easy to build. I built this one in about 25 min with spare stuff I had laying around. If you can, build one with the pump on the out side, it will keep the water Temps down. If you can keep everything clean and Temps in check they are the way to go imo. I've had them root in 4 or 5 days in an aero cloner....

Hey villiage, just Googled that monster cropping. Had no idea lol, I've been doing this for years now. Learn something new everyday. This grow should be very interesting. I really like this Tangie I have. Took a cut off the biggest, strongest one in the room while in flower lol and rooted it out. She's a mother plant right now and she accidently went into flower after I threw her outside for about 3.5 weeks, bringing her back to veg also. I love how it's growth structure is and produces huge round colas. Smells like sweet and sour tangerines.....

Room full of tangies in flower, about week 4 I believe
download_20151204_133613_zps19lhihyu.jpeg

So dropped by my boys little garden. Hes a newbie and hit me up said there was something weird on one of his plants. So I went over there and took a look. One of the plants seemed to have nanners, pretty sure it's a hermie. Only one in the bunch. It's an Enzo Kush about 4 weeks into flower. Decided to bring it home with me:thumb:. Think I'm going to let it Polinate itself lol, or throw it back into veg, not sure at the moment.

He also has a case of powdery mildew, here and there on big fan leaves. Not quiet sure how to deal with it as I have never had that problem myself. Sulfur burner? Maybe some synthetic spray? Also don't want it to spread into my garden!!!

He has 2 gorilla goo #4, very beautiful, big bushy plants. Smell amazing, the leaves turned bright purpleish red, which looks cool asf and stands out from the rest. Need to get a lens filter to get a good pic of it as you can't see it under the hps lights. Long story short i couldnt help myself and took a cutting off the very bottom about 7" long and threw it in my cloner at home. Hopefully it roots, really want to keep that one.

His 20 plant room
20151209_000524_zpsvhpebsto.jpg

Enzo Kush - has pm on it!!!
20151209_005738_zps7vj70ffi.jpg
20151209_005803_zpsn1hmfrah.jpg

Thinking these are nanners!!

20151209_005755_zps1jikxs1h.jpg

20151209_005825_zpszcpi0bvg.jpg

And last but not least my GG#4 - also has pm on it!!
20151209_010356_zpsrlp5pzxy.jpg

!!! Any input would be greatly appriciated, thanks.....!!!

The top damage is heat damage. If he doesn't move up the light or start blooming sooner he will turn more of them. Nanners look a bit different that may just be a normal hermi but it is hard to tel with the bleaching. I'll bet a bowl that was right under the light.

The typical mold that grows on Cannabis is toxic and can kill you. You don't want to mess with it. You can wash it off but you want to cover the pot / bucket so you don't wash it into the soil / res. It also eats up THC so the potency is typically reduced if it happens during curing. Many people wash this stuff off... I don't mess with it. I saw a video once on that...I think if you google it you will find stuff on youtube.

If it is only on those clones you can pull them out and just hand wash them in the sink well and put them back. Just water should be fine and a gentile but firm hand.

The top damage is heat damage. If he doesn't move up the light or start blooming sooner he will turn more of them. Nanners look a bit different that may just be a normal hermi but it is hard to tel with the bleaching. I'll bet a bowl that was right under the light.

The typical mold that grows on Cannabis is toxic and can kill you. You don't want to mess with it. You can wash it off but you want to cover the pot / bucket so you don't wash it into the soil / res. It also eats up THC so the potency is typically reduced if it happens during curing. Many people wash this stuff off... I don't mess with it. I saw a video once on that...I think if you google it you will find stuff on youtube.

If it is only on those clones you can pull them out and just hand wash them in the sink well and put them back. Just water should be fine and a gentile but firm hand.

lights were 24" above plants, I've seen nanners before, kind of hoping they are, want some seeds for future grows. I moved them down. He's running magnum XXL 8s and the glass is cool to the touch. Don't think it's from heat. Either way have a strain to add to the collection.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom