1000w Grow Tent

Noxious

Hey, so I'm new to growing, so bare with me as I run trough what I need help with. Thanks!

Firstly, I'm planning on purchasing the 1000 watt grow tent from HTGsupply.

Link: HTG Supply - HTG 1000w Grow Tent Kit

This tent has 5 ventilation ports, so I can use a maximum of 5 fans, either inline, centrifugal or exhaust. I was thinking 2/1/2 respectively. Lighting wise I'll be using a 1000 watt HPS light with an airoflow cooling reflector. I'll be using a Tall Boy carbon filter as well. My goal is to have maximum airflow and circulation.

Now my question would be, is it necessary to have 2 inline fans, 2 exhaust fans, and a centrifugal fan? Also, are the six plants going to be fighting for light with just the 1000 watt light, or should I look into another as well?

This might seem like a basic question to some but I'm new to the scheme of things and just really want to have everything I need ready to go without having a wasted crop or to wait because I should have bought more fans then I did.

I'm not sure what I'll be growing but I've been leaning on something high yielding and strong, I was thinking the liberty haze, any suggestions on this?

Thanks for the help in advance!

So far it looks like you'll get about everything you'l need. I think the one 1K watt HPS will be plenty. You can use one fan to exhaust the heat from your lamp and one to oscillate the air around your plants. I don't know why you couldn't start with just 2 fans as long as there both rated correctly.
I would recommend starting off with a hybrid that leans more towards the indic a side as in my opinion they are easier to grow than there lankier cousin Sativa.I also want to try liberty haze as I have heard really great things about it.
I actually think for the price and for what you get that the tent kit is a really good deal. I look fwd. to seeing your setup once your up and running. I am also in the middle of getting parts for a tent run, LED this time. There are really great members here with tons of info, welcome to 420magazine.com.

howdy bro!

you wont need inline fans.. the tent dimensions arent so big that it requires an inline fan- which is for longer ducting where you would have an external fan distil to exit, and inline fan to aid in drawing air out(or in) and possibly a 3rd fan proximal to exit.

i use an inline fan but my ducting is measuring approx 3.5meters with minor curves in 2 places so it requires that help to extract air. you could use inline fans between tube cooled lights too, where you have multiple lights connected to the same ducting, you could use an inline fan between each light unit.

in that tent, and a very nice set up it is!!, an oscillating fan to move air and circulate air, an extraction fan to filter heat and air out and an intake fan would be ample. depending on your grow space and situation you can make use of the velcro vents on the side/bottom of the tent and the side access panels to allow air to move in also.. and merely opening those two vents at the top will go a long way to allowing heat to escape- even if you didnt use an extraction fan there(especially during vegetative when the scent of MMJ isnt so apparent)

it is also dependant on how many plants you were thinking of growing in there, and what type of grow as to how many oscillating fans you would want.. either way one extraction fan would suffice and one intake fan more than adequate. if you did choose to go with so many fans... in such a small area COULD make it tricky for you to maintain a relatively constant humidity and room temperature.. remembering that you dont want to allow the tent space to drop more than 10 degree C between being on and when they are turned off, AND you want to aim for that ideal temperature at the canopy level (approx 25-28celcius)and ideal humidity(approx 40-60% rh). so you would want to look at the logistics of setting up your fans on timers to allow for consistency in these two areas.

just my 2 cents worth!! :cheesygrinsmiley:

wishing you all the best with your grow tent dude.. and look forward to seeing how they progress if you put some pics up!!

Peace :Namaste:

Thanks for all the help! I plan on growing six plants in the tent, and now you guys just saved me a bunch of money because I realize I won't be needing to put a fan in every port, I am going to use two oscillating ones though and probably one intake on the bottom with an outtake on the top to keep a steady flow, and what hybrid would you recommend? I heard indicas are easier to grow, I just like the sativa high more.

im a fan of indica dominant strains... maybe a 60indic / 40sat flavour?? you can get different ratio strains to suit your needs, i'd recommend just having a look at what type of high you want and go from there... i REALLY like c99's, g13, ak47's and NYC diesel flavs.. amazing taste and high :cheesygrinsmiley:

the easiest way to add humidity to your room without using any external tools is to simply minimize your extraction and intake fan timer... so less heat is being removed from the tent- and less cool air being brought in, increasing heat and moisture levels in your tent you dont need to cut them right back... but try playing with reducing the amount of time they are on to get your humidity levels to where you want it. alternatively you can purchase humidifiers

all the best :cheesygrinsmiley: :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom