1000W HPS Probably not the best

dave_the_stoner

i've been trying to get good clones, but my 1000w HPS seems to not want to work for this purpose. i took cuttings and planted them in these strange organic plugs made from tree bark and used oliviasd rooting gel. i used a plentiful amount of rooting gel. and they seem to be teetering on the edge of life for about a week now. any advice?

the rooms kinda hot, w/ alot of humidity. it feels like your in some tropical jungle, i have the light about four feet above the clones to it shouldnt be too intense

you did everything right but 1000w hps is too much for cutlings, go to your garden store get one of those trays w/lid to keep cutlings in until they build a solid root structure in the organic cubes. Get a small florescent(sp?) when cutlings are rooted properly place the cubes in soil, hydrogen rocks etc. keep the room between 80-85,
this stage is one of the hardest and heat will kill those babies quickly or stunt there growth dwarfing them, like what happened to mine. so if want them to survive and become healthy rooted clones keep them moist in the dome and keep under lights 18/6 or 24 just not under such intense heat and light at first. once they are healthy rooted clones they are ready for the 1000w hps just watch the heat. Peace! :tommy:

put the clones under floros. hps light is to intense so it stresses the allready stressed plants trying to root. keep spraying the leaves and put them in a tray.

Fluro's with humidity dome , rooting gel rockwool cubes, keep em misted and you should see roots in 2-3 weeks ... but it really depends on the plant you got the cuttings from.

brushtail

when I do my clones I clip a healthy looking stem apox 3 inches long trim it up a little and let it sit in a glass of water for a little while maybe 15 minutes then I use miracle grow rooting compound and then plant in my 2 inch pot with miracle grow potting mix and then put them under a 400 watt light and you need to try and keep your vegi room humid I have them about 5 inchess from the light I have not had a problem at all doing it this way :allgood:

Back
Top Bottom