100W HPS bulb setup? - Help Please

shawn244

Been doing some research into some of the lower end HPS bulbs (70 - 150 Watt) as well as reptile and fish tank lighting. I've got myself a 100W HPS bulb currently as well as a Mercury vapor ballast that from what I was told by various salesmen and an electrical store representative that it would work. The ballast itself allows upto 150 watts but it seems to work about the same as if i've plugged the HPS bulb into any random plug (not turning on)....

Anyone know of any posts, or any information themselves that might be useful to getting something smaller like this wired up,,, I've seen the kits with the igniters that can be wired up but I'm unsure as to how to go about doing this safely myself since I'm not personally an electrician.

After talking to a rep at the major electrical and lighting equipment store in town it seems that I should be able to get a ballast that can just plug into a 120Volt outlet in the house... Thats kinda what I've been looking for.... Any idea?

Also it's because I'm starting to wonder if my current plants that are in budding are not receiving enough light so trying to set something up other than CFL's without bringing in a 400W HPS because there is simply not enough space to allow for the heat.
First indoor grow, flowering problem

Thanks guys!~

Back
Top Bottom