11/13 cycle

Thread starter #1

safeman

Know that folks use a 12/12 cycle - consider a 11/13 cycle - because a plant needs 13 - 13.5 of darkness to trigger flower - doing this will reduce flower time by 1 week with no negative results but increase bud size. have noticed that after 1 week plant looks like it's starting week 3

Ganjagrowergu

I started 12/12 from seed running pretty much pure sativas. After a couple of months I dropped it to 11/13. Currently I run 11/13 from seed.

Really helps with the 'lectric bill. I have plants that should take 16weeks+ getting done in 14½. Only thing I notice is that the young'uns like to look a bit stretchy, but not detrimentally so. Only problem I have is that my autos stay dwarfy, but I run those as an afterthought, something to give me buds in between my lengthy flowering time sativas.

Thread starter #6

safeman

I started 12/12 from seed running pretty much pure sativas. After a couple of months I dropped it to 11/13. Currently I run 11/13 from seed.

Really helps with the 'lectric bill. I have plants that should take 16weeks+ getting done in 14½. Only thing I notice is that the young'uns like to look a bit stretchy, but not detrimentally so. Only problem I have is that my autos stay dwarfy, but I run those as an afterthought, something to give me buds in between my lengthy flowering time sativas.
what about bud sites ? still slow to develope bud site's around week 3 ? (middle flower with development being week 1 and 2)

flashmp3

What about yields? I always heard there is a bit less cause less time to take full weight. I started flowering 2 weeks on 13/11 but decided to do 12/12 the next 2 weeks cause they are still stretching at week 4! I ve been thinking a lot of doing one week of 11/13 to make flowers appear faster then go back to 13/11 as I heard there could be an increase of yields. I would be glad to hear your thoughts and experience

Ganjagrowergu

what about bud sites ? still slow to develope bud site's around week 3 ? (middle flower with development being week 1 and 2)
I just go with the flow and count weeks from sprout. The only veg time mine get is the genetic 3-4 weeks until they show sex. I haven't had a problem with bud site development. I would guess at 3 weeks of flower/6 weeks from sprout (my sativas) bud site development is about average.

I have never done a side by side or been very good at documenting. It is a light cycle that fits my situation. Yield is negatively effected but not overall potency.

Thread starter #9

safeman

To be honest I see the scientific reason behind this - but still like the 12/12 (hard to teach an old horse new tricks !!) entering week 2 of flower a lot of cola development remember doing this (light interpentaion) at the tail end of grow to increase trichome development (set in dark for 24hrs. (some 48 hrs) Never thought of this cycle for sexing - Thanks !!!!