11/13 cycle

safeman

Know that folks use a 12/12 cycle - consider a 11/13 cycle - because a plant needs 13 - 13.5 of darkness to trigger flower - doing this will reduce flower time by 1 week with no negative results but increase bud size. have noticed that after 1 week plant looks like it's starting week 3

I started 12/12 from seed running pretty much pure sativas. After a couple of months I dropped it to 11/13. Currently I run 11/13 from seed.

Really helps with the 'lectric bill. I have plants that should take 16weeks+ getting done in 14½. Only thing I notice is that the young'uns like to look a bit stretchy, but not detrimentally so. Only problem I have is that my autos stay dwarfy, but I run those as an afterthought, something to give me buds in between my lengthy flowering time sativas.

I started 12/12 from seed running pretty much pure sativas. After a couple of months I dropped it to 11/13. Currently I run 11/13 from seed.

Really helps with the 'lectric bill. I have plants that should take 16weeks+ getting done in 14½. Only thing I notice is that the young'uns like to look a bit stretchy, but not detrimentally so. Only problem I have is that my autos stay dwarfy, but I run those as an afterthought, something to give me buds in between my lengthy flowering time sativas.
what about bud sites ? still slow to develope bud site's around week 3 ? (middle flower with development being week 1 and 2)

What about yields? I always heard there is a bit less cause less time to take full weight. I started flowering 2 weeks on 13/11 but decided to do 12/12 the next 2 weeks cause they are still stretching at week 4! I ve been thinking a lot of doing one week of 11/13 to make flowers appear faster then go back to 13/11 as I heard there could be an increase of yields. I would be glad to hear your thoughts and experience

what about bud sites ? still slow to develope bud site's around week 3 ? (middle flower with development being week 1 and 2)
I just go with the flow and count weeks from sprout. The only veg time mine get is the genetic 3-4 weeks until they show sex. I haven't had a problem with bud site development. I would guess at 3 weeks of flower/6 weeks from sprout (my sativas) bud site development is about average.

I have never done a side by side or been very good at documenting. It is a light cycle that fits my situation. Yield is negatively effected but not overall potency.

To be honest I see the scientific reason behind this - but still like the 12/12 (hard to teach an old horse new tricks !!) entering week 2 of flower a lot of cola development remember doing this (light interpentaion) at the tail end of grow to increase trichome development (set in dark for 24hrs. (some 48 hrs) Never thought of this cycle for sexing - Thanks !!!!

I have never found any difference in trichome production when switching a plant from 12/12 to 11/13 in the final 3 or 4 weeks of flowering, but I have seen quite a big difference if I ran even a one hour less lighting cycle during each 24 hour period, (ie; 11/13). compared to running 12/12 from start to finish all the way through flower. Really the only time I don't see much difference is when I run a 12/12 lighting cycle for the first 6-7 weeks of flower, and then switch to using a 11/13 lighting cycle for the last 3 or 4 weeks of flowering. But the only time I every do that is when I want a certain plant to finish out much quicker, as that is what using less light does every time I have done it. I mean... I feel like the only thing that running 11/13 all the way through flowering does, is it causes my plants to finish much quicker, which results in lessening my overall yield greatly.

I am back to running straight 12/12 because I now have autos in the mix. Amazing how much growth happens when they get just one more hour of light. If I wasn't stuck with one grow space I would still run my photos at 11/13 for the full cycle

If I want my sativas to ripen (certain phenos) I have to flush, and flush, and flush some more. Cutting back to 11/13 seemed to help as well, but it is hard to tell without a side by side. Some of my stuff flowered for 15½ weeks, likely still could have gone longer.

I have never found any difference in trichome production when switching a plant from 12/12 to 11/13 in the final 3 or 4 weeks of flowering, but I have seen quite a big difference if I ran even a one hour less lighting cycle during each 24 hour period, (ie; 11/13). compared to running 12/12 from start to finish all the way through flower. Really the only time I don't see much difference is when I run a 12/12 lighting cycle for the first 6-7 weeks of flower, and then switch to using a 11/13 lighting cycle for the last 3 or 4 weeks of flowering. But the only time I every do that is when I want a certain plant to finish out much quicker, as that is what using less light does every time I have done it. I mean... I feel like the only thing that running 11/13 all the way through flowering does, is it causes my plants to finish much quicker, which results in lessening my overall yield greatly.
it's 11/13 from start of flower to harvest not last weeks. any way perfer the 12/12 cycle

I am back to running straight 12/12 because I now have autos in the mix. Amazing how much growth happens when they get just one more hour of light. If I wasn't stuck with one grow space I would still run my photos at 11/13 for the full cycle

If I want my sativas to ripen (certain phenos) I have to flush, and flush, and flush some more. Cutting back to 11/13 seemed to help as well, but it is hard to tell without a side by side. Some of my stuff flowered for 15½ weeks, likely still could have gone longer.
may be use when doing sativa's 11/13 cycle that's with a 3 week veg then to flower !! 100% sativa's)

Know that folks use a 12/12 cycle - consider a 11/13 cycle - because a plant needs 13 - 13.5 of darkness to trigger flower - doing this will reduce flower time by 1 week with no negative results but increase bud size. have noticed that after 1 week plant looks like it's starting week 3

All I use indoors, 11-13.. some SATs like less, down to 8-16.... Plants don't need 13.5. its genetics. Not all are created equal.. there's ruderalis, there's early strains. There's quick finishing late flower... local outdoor strains start flowering mid january, still little over 15hours of light, because of selection over the years....

All I use indoors, 11-13.. some SATs like less, down to 8-16.... Plants don't need 13.5. its genetics. Not all are created equal.. there's ruderalis, there's early strains. There's quick finishing late flower... local outdoor strains start flowering mid january, still little over 15hours of light, because of selection over the years....

I had considered going below 11/13 on my sativas. However I worry about effecting overall yield too much, especially since I am running multiple genotypes/phenotypes in a single space

I am doing a 12/12 grow with some sativa's for the first time right now. I guess I am only a little ways from trying 11/13. Production is my only concern. I don't see 1 hour doing major differences for most strains. Some might thrive on it though. What they are doing in the dark is what concerns me.

There is a company selling Hawaiian genetics. They swear by they 13/11. They say it is what natural light they get in Hawaii so they set their light schedule to match it. They say it is key to getting the Island flavor.

To tell the truth. Sounds like there might be something to that part. May be it will add flavor to lots of strains. We know they stretch and grow in the dark. I wouldn't be surprised to find out lots of the oils and terepenes are produced at night. If that is the case then a extra hour might do wonders for flavor.

Well my 12/12 turned into a 13/11. I am game to try it. The 1 hour isn't going to change anything majorly so it is no big deal. The clones from these plants will be grown with normal veg and flower time. If I am going to try it now is the time. I will be able to compare them side by side.

Back
Top Bottom