12/12 Bag Seed - Blackberry Kush - Frankenberry - Girl Scout Cookies - 400W MH/HPS

Re: 12/12 Bag Seed - Blackberry Kush - Frankenberry - Girl Scout Cookies - 400W MH/HP

Your plants are looking great! I know you thought about up potting them to bigger pots, but once in flower the plants concentrate on growing up, not down. You made the right choice to keep them where they are. Have you thought about growing less plants in bigger pots? Nis and I just harvested 2 PK photos and we got 4-5 Oz dry weight, I believe. 2 seeds made all that. It'll save you money in the long run. Seeds aren't cheap. You can put amendments in your soil so you can re use it. That will help save cash in the long run. Our 2 plants took up a 2x4 tent. They filled it up. The bigger the pot, the bigger the plant. The longer you leave them in veg, the better yield you will have. I hope this info helps. Have a good day.

Re: 12/12 Bag Seed - Blackberry Kush - Frankenberry - Girl Scout Cookies - 400W MH/HP

Your plants are looking great! I know you thought about up potting them to bigger pots, but once in flower the plants concentrate on growing up, not down. You made the right choice to keep them where they are. Have you thought about growing less plants in bigger pots? Nis and I just harvested 2 PK photos and we got 4-5 Oz dry weight, I believe. 2 seeds made all that. It'll save you money in the long run. Seeds aren't cheap. You can put amendments in your soil so you can re use it. That will help save cash in the long run. Our 2 plants took up a 2x4 tent. They filled it up. The bigger the pot, the bigger the plant. The longer you leave them in veg, the better yield you will have. I hope this info helps. Have a good day.

Yeah I have been thinking about doing it that way next time. The thing that attracted me to the 12/12 from seed was the lower electricity usage and the idea that it would be faster. I saw enough people getting pretty good yield off their plants, like 1-2 ounces, that I thought if I could do that with 10-12 plants I would be happy. They must have had more if a green thumb than me though because I don't think mine are looking very big right now.

I think next time I am going to do the gas Lantern routine. Some people call it 12-1 but basically it's like cutting the dark period off just enough to keep it from flowering so there's still a veg time but you're only using twelve hours of light a day.

Yeah I have been thinking about doing it that way next time. The thing that attracted me to the 12/12 from seed was the lower electricity usage and the idea that it would be faster. I saw enough people getting pretty good yield off their plants, like 1-2 ounces, that I thought if I could do that with 10-12 plants I would be happy. They must have had more if a green thumb than me though because I don't think mine are looking very big right now.

I think next time I am going to do the gas Lantern routine. Some people call it 12-1 but basically it's like cutting the dark period off just enough to keep it from flowering so there's still a veg time but you're only using twelve hours of light a day.
Sounds pretty interesting. Are you planning on on starting a new journal for that one, or keep this one going? If you do start a new one, I'd like to watch that one too. :)

While Canna made some great points, I like to keep my plants in #5. If you get hit with bugs or mold it's ease to treat with med sized plants.

9ca27a59c6f9e9dde5318ba8596d105c.jpg

178g dry 91 days from seed super cheese

4312c02c5a0e039e42fe63140abd317e.jpg

a1ece89a46a8552bd46813d21a38fbdf.jpg

Just topped once and same apollo HID setup. HST, LST is where you get yield. Also, letting you plant finish is vital. You are doing great. Looking back on my first few grows you are in the ballpark.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Ok so I would look for the ground to use. Most houses are already going to have a ground. I don't think the power company will run power to the house without it. It is usually right next to the power meter they read. You probably just need to find it. Yes putting a 6 foot rod in the ground is the correct way to do it if not but you don't have to. You can find a ground that would be adequate.. Say water pipes coming in house etc. not ideal but could work in a pinch...

Personally I think you have an issue with the ballast. I would be persistent in contacting them if it is still within warranty period. If not you are probably shit out of luck on that end.

For now pickup a high output cfl light that if you can't be there for lights on if you are busy add it in or sub it. Then when you get there fire up the ballast or make sure it is up..I don't like ballasts or lighting not coming on as supposed to. Has me concerned. I ran a really old magnetic ballast that had it's issue's and I was glad to get away from it...

Hope this all helps... Be safe

;)

FE

I was just giving my perspective. I was hit by mites on 1st grow. 40 day veg in #10, (GSC grow in Sig). Huge plants (2), in 4x4 tent. Plants were far to big to remove and had to use few bombs. Lost control of grow and to chop early. I'm not saying grow small, just always have an action plan if needed. 4, #5 fill a 4x4 at the end of 70 days of flower. 3, #7, or 2, #10.

Cheers

Sounds pretty interesting. Are you planning on on starting a new journal for that one, or keep this one going? If you do start a new one, I'd like to watch that one too. :)

Will probably make a new one so I'll drop in to visit you and nismo with the link :-D

While Canna made some great points, I like to keep my plants in #5. If you get hit with bugs or mold it's ease to treat with med sized plants.

9ca27a59c6f9e9dde5318ba8596d105c.jpg

178g dry 91 days from seed super cheese

4312c02c5a0e039e42fe63140abd317e.jpg

a1ece89a46a8552bd46813d21a38fbdf.jpg

Just topped once and same apollo HID setup. HST, LST is where you get yield. Also, letting you plant finish is vital. You are doing great. Looking back on my first few grows you are in the ballpark.

Cheers

My first grow was in five gallon buckets but I had really subpar lighting and like no ventilation in a crummy tent setup. It's all in my galleries, but I mean I had all kinds of issues and barely even got half an ounce per plant. I am going to try to get better yield with small plants like this and better setup before trying bigger plants again.

Ok so I would look for the ground to use. Most houses are already going to have a ground. I don't think the power company will run power to the house without it. It is usually right next to the power meter they read. You probably just need to find it. Yes putting a 6 foot rod in the ground is the correct way to do it if not but you don't have to. You can find a ground that would be adequate.. Say water pipes coming in house etc. not ideal but could work in a pinch...

Personally I think you have an issue with the ballast. I would be persistent in contacting them if it is still within warranty period. If not you are probably shit out of luck on that end.

For now pickup a high output cfl light that if you can't be there for lights on if you are busy add it in or sub it. Then when you get there fire up the ballast or make sure it is up..I don't like ballasts or lighting not coming on as supposed to. Has me concerned. I ran a really old magnetic ballast that had it's issue's and I was glad to get away from it...

Hope this all helps... Be safe

;)

FE

Yeah I think I am going to to try to find an outlet in the kitchen that has the ground maybe, except I am hesitant to do that because then what if I plug something into the kitchen outlet I am running the ground wire too and so both the light and whatever applicance I plug in would both be using the ground on that outlet? Or does it matter? I just remember the maintenance guy said the ones in the kitchen were grounded. My original plan had been to get a really heavy gauge extension cord to run into kitchen from the light so it would be grounded.

Anyway but yeah it seems it's the ballast anyway. My buddy used the same setup here when he lived in these apartments using the 3 prong to 2 prong adapters and said he never had issues like I am having. So I am going to have to be on them to so a warranty return it seems... But my plants aren't even done yet!

Equipment really does seem to be the hardest part of all this

Will probably make a new one so I'll drop in to visit you and nismo with the link :-D

My first grow was in five gallon buckets but I had really subpar lighting and like no ventilation in a crummy tent setup. It's all in my galleries, but I mean I had all kinds of issues and barely even got half an ounce per plant. I am going to try to get better yield with small plants like this and better setup before trying bigger plants again.

Yeah I think I am going to to try to find an outlet in the kitchen that has the ground maybe, except I am hesitant to do that because then what if I plug something into the kitchen outlet I am running the ground wire too and so both the light and whatever applicance I plug in would both be using the ground on that outlet? Or does it matter? I just remember the maintenance guy said the ones in the kitchen were grounded. My original plan had been to get a really heavy gauge extension cord to run into kitchen from the light so it would be grounded.

Anyway but yeah it seems it's the ballast anyway. My buddy used the same setup here when he lived in these apartments using the 3 prong to 2 prong adapters and said he never had issues like I am having. So I am going to have to be on them to so a warranty return it seems... But my plants aren't even done yet!

Equipment really does seem to be the hardest part of all this

Once you upgrade a few times you will end up with back up stuff then it gets easier. Keep it up you are doing great! Run that extension cord sounds like a good idea then you will know if it is the ballast not firing. GFI outlets should be grounded.

FE

Careful, long power cords are light killers. Either move tent closer or fix wall receptor. HID light need 4.5Kv to start. There is a limit on how long your cord to light from ballast can be as well as wall to ballast. Your original cords are maximum. If you are using any extension cord now it could be causing a no start issue. Dude, I hate bringing bad news to the party but I want you to succeed.
1) ballast out of tent (heat)
2) no electronics on floor (wires too)
3) hi temp shut off switch ($75) if using HID lighting.

A few things to think about. I'm sure your thinking I'm a PITA but I've had many of your same issues in the past.

Cheers

Careful, long power cords are light killers. Either move tent closer or fix wall receptor. HID light need 4.5Kv to start. There is a limit on how long your cord to light from ballast can be as well as wall to ballast. Your original cords are maximum. If you are using any extension cord now it could be causing a no start issue. Dude, I hate bringing bad news to the party but I want you to succeed.

A few things to think about. I'm sure your thinking I'm a PITA but I've had many of your same issues in the past.

Cheers

Good stuff right there!

:Namaste:

I forget it is called gas lighting but yah it is what I run in veg. Over the last year I have done 24-0, 20-4, 18-6, and now 12-5-2-5, I guess I can go as low as 12-5.5-1-5.5 and the plants will still stay in veg. I did notice the growth slowed a little but I also run my veg light at 50% right now to boot. Summer heat was the real issue for the switch but no question gas lighting helped with the power consumption as well.... If you have to get stuff done in veg you can still turn lights on and go at it. not like flower where it is very light sensitive.

:peace:

FE

Cheers

No man that's good information, I have it on a power tap now so I am going to see if putting the light timer in the wall helps. I did have the power bar there because I figured having a surge protector would help, and I was going to run the fan on the same outlet so I pretty much only need it now for the whole ground issue... The extension cord the fan is on is only two prong so I needed an adapter and the power bar minus the 3rd prong worked.

Buuut if I take the 3 prong to 2 prong adapter and put it on the light cord I can plug it right into the timer and the timer into the wall, or vise versa would probably be safer so I didn't have to worry about the 3rd prong going into the wall at all. Then I could plug the surge protector into the expansion cord I have the fan on so it can be ran on a separate outlet.

Should I hang cords on the wall somehow? Oh and where do I get a high temp shutoff switch? Or is it just a thermostat I sent to specific cutoff room temperature?

I forget it is called gas lighting but yah it is what I run in veg. Over the last year I have done 24-0, 20-4, 18-6, and now 12-5-2-5, I guess I can go as low as 12-5.5-1-5.5 and the plants will still stay in veg. I did notice the growth slowed a little but I also run my veg light at 50% right now to boot. Summer heat was the real issue for the switch but no question gas lighting helped with the power consumption as well.... If you have to get stuff done in veg you can still turn lights on and go at it. not like flower where it is very light sensitive.

:peace:

FE

I still don't know what the actual light schedule is. Isn't it like 5.5 hours of dark then an hour of light and then 5.5 more hours if dark? So basically just interrupting the 12 hours of light with an hour?

Google growlight High Temp Shutoff control. I'm not sure if their a sponsor on this site. I'll say Hyr_o_f_rm has one as do others I have one in my journal. One more word for you, Zip ties (two words) get a big bag ($10) not the $2 one with 10, you'll thank me later. Moreover, pick up some aluminum tape, best stuff on earth, $15. Zip tie all cords, put a few 2x4's on outside (tent) wall (studs only) and screw ballast to 2x4's. Use tent ducting to run all power, light, ect through duct onto upper tent frame with zip ties. Run down tent frame with internal power surge protecter's. To run across to light reflector and whatever else you need.

Hard to see, but when Temps went up over 90° during the day, I had to get creative. 400 watt MH, 192 watt T5HO, few CFL'S. All hung and wired from tent fram. Nothing on ground (wet).

Cheers

Cheers
655ecbcbb176771d2ea696998c6e0bc4.jpg

Well the lights came on no problem, no telling if it was because the fan was switched off or if it just happened to be one of the times it wanted to work...

Girls are pretty happy, although I so see some spots on these bottom yellowing leaves that are a little concerning. I wonder if it is just natural die off of lower leaves though because I should have all the nutrients they need taken care of.

IMG_20160613_082802.jpg
IMG_20160613_082735.jpg
IMG_20160613_082713.jpg
IMG_20160613_082658.jpg
IMG_20160613_082609.jpg
IMG_20160613_082556.jpg
IMG_20160613_082454.jpg
20160613_083107.JPG

Looking good, it's really turned around. Great job.

Cheers

Well the light seems to be coming on consistently now. I think I am beginning to develop a nitrogen deficiency, kind of weird because there should be 4% in my Flora Nova Bloom nutrients. I am thinking about just using the Grow formula with Crystal Burst next feed, that will be 8% nitrogen and have plenty of P and K still.

Otherwise I think they look great. The flowers are really starting to bloom. I can't really remember when they appeared on the bigger ones but I think I should call it week two.

IMG_20160615_011726.jpg
IMG_20160615_011720.jpg
IMG_20160615_011705.jpg
IMG_20160615_011659.jpg
IMG_20160615_011615.jpg
IMG_20160615_011435.jpg
IMG_20160615_011343.jpg
IMG_20160615_011316.jpg
IMG_20160615_011250.jpg
IMG_20160615_011232.jpg
20160613_0831071.JPG

20160616_012148.JPG
IMG_20160616_011642.jpg
IMG_20160616_011657.jpg
IMG_20160616_011820.jpg
IMG_20160616_011842.jpg

That might have been an epic shot if not for the cat hair lol

Still looking hungry for N but I don't think they need eater yet so I am still waiting. The yellow is climbing though :O

I am debating if I should use the Grow formula or the Bloom next feed but just use 10 mL. That would be twice their recommended dose! I also have this alfalfa/bone meal/kelp meal/guano mix my neighbor gave me but he uses what seems like a few tablespoons per five gallons so I used half of that for a gallon last feed. Maybe that's why they're hungry though, because I gave them that last time instead of the Flora Nova. I WAS kind of worried other Bloom formula might have gone bad though.

Anyway yackity yackity.

Well the N deficiency is climbing :-/ Not sure what's going on because I feel like the nutrients I was giving should have been enough, so I am worried about some kind of lock out. All my solutions are pH'd to 6.5 and that's where the runoff is at too though. The only thing I can think of is that my bloom formula wasn't shaken up enough and/or I didn't feed enough of that and the mix my neighbor gave me. Since I have no idea what other strength and constitution of the mix he gave me is I am going to stop using it for now.

So I mixed up a new solution to feed...

7.25 mL/G of Flora Nova Bloom 4-8-7
2.5 mL/G of Flora Nova Grow (for the boosted N) 7-4-10
5 mL/G of Crystal Burst 0-15-15
5 mL/G of Armor Si 0-0-4

So that was probably a really heavy feed but I am going to start working on the assumption that my nutrients have lost potency. I didn't really have any other high N fert and didn't want to screw up the ratio too much, so hopefully the 3:1 ratio of Bloom to Grow nutrients will help give it some more of what it needs. I don't have a PPM meter to check but hopefully it doesn't burn them. If it doesn't fix the N problem then I am going to assume it's lockout and leach the soil.

IMG_20160617_012813.jpg
IMG_20160617_012657.jpg
IMG_20160617_012645.jpg
IMG_20160617_012637.jpg
IMG_20160617_012623.jpg
IMG_20160617_012606.jpg
IMG_20160617_012559.jpg
IMG_20160616_114916.jpg
IMG_20160616_113631.jpg
IMG_20160616_113618.jpg
IMG_20160616_113530.jpg
IMG_20160616_113510.jpg
IMG_20160616_113443.jpg
20160617_013220.JPG
20160617_013154.JPG

I'm seeing N claw in pix 6, and later. Plus, in flower grow nutes are cut slowly. You have something else going on here but I'm at a loss as to what it is. It must be below the soil in the roots. Look for bugs or larva in your top soil.

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom