12/12 Bag Seed - Blackberry Kush - Frankenberry - Girl Scout Cookies - 400W MH/HPS

Re: 12/12 Bag Seed - Blackberry Kush - Frankenberry - Girl Scout Cookies - 400W MH/HP

Fantastic job my friend, I'm jealous. Is that bubble hash you made? It looks delicious. I can only hope that the nugs from my grow look that good, you should be proud.:thumb:

Thanks! I only wish I got more.

It does look a little like bubble hash huh? Not sure how it turns out like that, I usually scrape it all up on a razor while it's still a little gooey and then put it into the silicone container with a little heat under it and press the container walls together to kind of smoosh the oil and get it blended together. I think it gets air in it or something, but it goes from a deep clear amber to a solid blonde look and gets that bread crumb appearance. It's really convenient to dust the top of a bowl with, but that's the first time it ever did that. Usually it stays more waxy/clumpy. Every batch is different really.

I do iso extraction a little differently than what I have seen done here. I think if you're interested in maximum potency, not the full range of beneficials you get like with RSO, then the key is to limit the exposure time of the plant matter to alcohol, so the lower the soak time the better. So as you can see I just suspend my trim/bud on a coarse mesh screen and pour alcohol slowly through, making sure to saturate as much as I can and allowing it to just flow through into the reservoir created by the coffee filter. The coffee filter does the filtering, the coarse screen is just there because the solution flows so slowly through the filter that the plant matter would sit in alcohol too long and get more chlorophyll into the solution, so it's really just a separator. The coarser the better as long as it keeps big plant material out if the coffee filter reservoir. One thing you'll notice is the trichomes get washed off and spread around in the coffee filter so near the end you wanna give it a little swish so they congregate towards the bottom in a big trichome soup to make sure the alcohol breaks down all the glands and dissolves as much THC as possible.

Anyway bunch of information no one asked for lol

Re: 12/12 Bag Seed - Blackberry Kush - Frankenberry - Girl Scout Cookies - 400W MH/HP

20160802_221841.JPG
IMG_20160802_220955.jpg
IMG_20160802_221025.jpg
20160802_222627.JPG

Blackberry Kush Close Up
20160802_221807.JPG
20160802_221701.JPG
20160802_221500.JPG
20160802_221524.JPG

PGSC Close-up
20160802_221610.JPG

The rest is all cut and jarred. I got 20 more grams of Blackberry Kush, and 7 of Platinum Girl Scout Cookies, plus another gram of concentrate from the trim.

So total...
57 grams of flower and 3 of concentrate

So I am kind of disappointed in the yield, I had hoped to get at least twice as much. On the plus side, the quality is so good. I will be foregoing the 12/12 from seed method on the next go round.

Thanx for the post on your ISO, I noticed two different samples of your concentrates you posted and thought you might have used a different technique. I've only made bubble so far but I think you might have convinced me to give it a shot. Thanx again.

I have seen a few do the 12/12 from seed and have always been curious. Maybe someday I'll just give it a whirl. thanks for sharing!

:peace:

FE

It was kind of nice working with plants that small. I think I should have started then in 3 gallon pots. Also reading more and more about this it seems it works better for Sativa strains.

To me it just seems too seed-expensive, especially considering these genetics are great. I could get so much more off of just a single seed, especially if I found a mother plant I like.

Hopefully your harvest will get you through to the next one. The trichs are heavy on all of them great looking nugs enter some in nug of the month contest.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanx for the post on your ISO, I noticed two different samples of your concentrates you posted and thought you might have used a different technique. I've only made bubble so far but I think you might have convinced me to give it a shot. Thanx again.

Yeah the key for that crumble the consistency seems to be leaving it in a silicone jar like that until it goes from a translucent red/amber into a more cloudy/opaque blonde/amber. You can actually watch it change, it's weird looking almost beautiful with the weird swirls in there. Anyway I just smoosh the sides of the container together to mix or up, sit it back on heat to let it settle down into the jar a little bit and then do it one ore two more times depending on how long it takes, you'll see the crumb like consistency forming as you do that.

Hopefully your harvest will get you through to the next one. The trichs are heavy on all of them great looking nugs enter some in nug of the month contest.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Well I went for it but wow there's some nice nugs in that thread this month!

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom