12/12 from seed, i need a good setup and i have a few questions

Hopper1313

Hello my fellow "weed enthusiasts". I'm new to the forums, this is my first post :) i've been lurking around in the forums looking at grow journals, and setups, and what not... but i need help with a 12/12 from seed setup. Me and my friend plan on growing in a closet or box (or maybe even a box, inside of the closet so we can control the environment around our plants better). We plan on growing 3 plants. This is our first grow, and we don't wanna mess this up.

I'm not quite an expert with all the growing terms, so bear with me. I want to know if you can top (i think that's what it's called, when you chop off the cola and it turns into 2 colas) a 12/12 from seed plant. Id imagine it wouldnt work that well because it'd be super top heavy, but we were curious because we want to maximize our yield. Since we only have a few plants, we were trying to get at least 2 oz's total for the 3 plants. Oh and i forgot, this need to be STEALTHY. We want to control the smell and make sure nobody even has a clue that we're growing.

For our setup i was thinking about getting some T5 lights online for $11 each (amazing price, they were $60 at steins... ridiculous). We were going to buy 4, 2 in each spectrum (6500k and 3000k). That should be enough for lighting i hope. We could add CFL's if needed. Now for the soil, we are clueless. Since it's our first grow, we dont have any experience. Ive been looking at other people's soil mixtures, but I was curious to know if you need different or specialized soil for a 12/12 grow from seed. Also, we aren't sure about the nutes. Do you use less nutes throughout the whole plant's life since it's a lot smaller? We were also contemplating whether we should veg for a week or 2, or if we should just say screw it and go 12/12 the whole way. Would vegging for a week or 2 increase our yield significantly? We have small space to work with (hence the reason why we're not vegging long). Can someone give me some tips and pointers for maximizing yield for a small plant, it'd be greatly appreciated!
Since we only have 3 small plants, would a closet provide enough co2?

We aren't made of money, so we are on a limitted budget. We plan on starting in small pots and transplanting into a 1/2 gal or 3/4 gal pot.

So pretty much, we just need help with everything. I know quite a bit from looking at journals, but im missing valuable and necessary information which i cant find anywhere. It's hard to find 12/12 from seed journals :(

We have a month to 2 months before the grow happens. We want to plan out everything beforehand, so we dont have to worry later. Thanks in advance for any help :tokin:

I'm assuming you are gong 12/12 from seed for space considerations. If so, there are numerous techniques (topping, FIM, SCROG, supercropping, LST, etc) for minimizing plant height. There have been some 12/12 from seed journals here if that is the way you choose to go.
And btw, :welcome: to 420!

I'm assuming you are gong 12/12 from seed for space considerations. If so, there are numerous techniques (topping, FIM, SCROG, supercropping, LST, etc) for minimizing plant height. There have been some 12/12 from seed journals here if that is the way you choose to go.
And btw, :welcome: to 420!

Thanks for the welcoming :roorrip:
and what is FIM and supercropping. Ive heard of LST and topping and scrog. But which of these will work for a 12/12 from seed. You cant really LST a 12/12 from seed that much though right? Because there aren't many branches coming from the main stem.

We don't have much space to work with. And we're trying to be very stealthy. We might build a box, or we might grow in a closet.

SpeeCees of No Mercy Supplies is the main proponent of 12/12 of from seed. He has a section elsewhere the growers forums.

Do a search for DocBud's 12/12 from seed Hempy grow using off the shelf nutes and a perlite medium. The guy got amazing results,and there are other guys w/ similar experiences from following his advice.

SpeeCees of No Mercy Supplies is the main proponent of 12/12 of from seed. He has a section elsewhere the growers forums.

Do a search for DocBud's 12/12 from seed Hempy grow using off the shelf nutes and a perlite medium. The guy got amazing results,and there are other guys w/ similar experiences from following his advice.

Thanks a lot! :grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom