12/12 From Seed Special Kush #1 Coco W/AN & 450W CFL

Update:

We are about 55 days of flower. Have been flushing all week. Just starting to get a little amber. Thinking about cutting down this week-end.

420-magazine-mobile447343951.jpg

420-magazine-mobile868458418.jpg

420-magazine-mobile582287538.jpg

420-magazine-mobile314061598.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1219667660.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1391743678.jpg

And here are the clones I have been spraying with the mineral spray:

420-magazine-mobile99942390.jpg

Notice anything?

420-magazine-mobile739419803.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1338669086.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1084140769.jpg

And clone #2

IMG_48409.JPG

Here is a shot with a male flower and female flower on the same branch.

IMG_48385.JPG

IMG_48356.JPG

Shouldn't be very long now. Right where I sprayed a little mineral spray every day for about 2 weeks ended up with these results. Can't argue with the results. We'll see if the seeds I get will turn out.

Would love some feedback or comments. Everyone has been so great.

Peace, Aloha.

So that spray turns a portion of the female plant male to pollinate itself to produce mostly female seeds?

So, that's my understanding. The mineral spray either suppresses female hormones or encourages male hormones. This causes a sex change to a portion of the plant where the spray has been applied. The resulting pollen will be female from a female plant that, when used to pollinate the same female plant, will produce female seeds. Voila. Homemade feminized seeds. Honestly I am shocked it worked to produce a male flower. I was very skeptical. But there it is. Now we'll have to pollinate when the male pollen sacks open and see how the seeds mature. Then, evaluate the quality of the plants those seeds produce. So far so good.
:Namaste:

Harvest Day:

So, this is my third harvest and it is so amazing just how powerful these girls smell. I cut them down in my small workshop and it just filled the room with an eye watering aroma. Thick fumes just poured off of the buds. I have never had sour diesel before, it's next on deck, but this potent smell is what I imagined the sour d woukd smell like. Tangy kerosene is the best way to describe it for me. And it makes you tear up when you put your face in it just like kerosene might. Here are some shots.

IMG_487713.JPG

IMG_487612.JPG

IMG_487811.JPG

IMG_487510.JPG

IMG_48749.JPG

IMG_487312.JPG

I only managed to get one cut down and I had to take a break as I was starting to get a headache from the fumes. This is a headache I'm not complaining about. Got some fresh air and headded into the house only to discover the smell totally started to take over the house. Had to cook some bacon real quick to keep the kids from asking questions about funny smells. Lol.

So, I'm not really playing the weight game yet. Just learning. 2 plants under a 315w CMH seemed to fair well. I kept them trained low so they really did not get much more than a couple feet tall, but they are pretty stacked. I kept them trimmed to maximize the main buds which really seemed to work. Thick, dense, heavy for their size. We'll get them dried up and cured and get a weight soon. More out of curiosity as I would like to always do a little better. Could always veg longer, have brighter lights, add co2, whatever. Too much hassles for now. Just trying to get the quality to the max with what I got for now. So far, real happy with these. If I had to guess, I prolly will end up with a quewper total, 2 zips each. Maybe a little more. Weak sauce for sure, but I don't need a lot. Just growing a little for some friends for meds. Happy to take suggestions and feedback at anytime. You guys are great.

Okay, here's the stats:

Plant A: 8.1oz.
Plant B: 10.1oz.

Imteresting I had no discernible difference in environment, light, or nutes. It will be interesting to see what weiht hey finish up at. Plant B also produced more donkey dicks. :cheesygrinsmiley:

6.5oz leaf and trim to try my hand at some bubble hash.

We'll see how they dry as the clones continue with their sex change. What fun, what drama!

IMG_488811.JPG

IMG_48879.JPG

IMG_488610.JPG

IMG_488510.JPG

Final weight: 4.6 ounces, or 130 grams. Just finished drying and is curing up real nice at about 64% humidity right now.

Thanks everyone for checking it out. I Will continue this tread through to finish the feminized seed experiment.

The polen has fallen and I dabbed several of the buds with it. We'll see how things go.

IMG_489513.JPG

IMG_48969.JPG

IMG_489711.JPG

IMG_48998.JPG

So far, so good!

Final Update:

Okay, i have harvested what will be about an ounce of weed. It has been drying slowly over the past two days. It appears my attempt at only polinating a couple branches worked. I do not notice seeds in many of the buds. One I picked out today I started sifting through just for fun, and, well............

IMG_504715.JPG

IMG_504815.JPG

IMG_505112.JPG

IMG_505312.JPG

IMG_505512.JPG

IMG_505617.JPG

I can't say for sure yet what the genetics will look like, but my research shows that forcing the seeds like this from feminized will produce feminized seeds not prone to hermaphroditism so long as the original seedstock was not. Only time will tell. Most of the seeds from this one nugget look beautiful. Ended up with 80 seeds that look great and about 10 more that are immature. One nugget. I'll have to see how many more I will get, but this will be more than enough seeds for me and my homies. Now it's time to increase the diversity now that I know this works and build my seed library. Stoked.

Thanks for playing along and be sure to look at future grow logs.

Final Update:

Okay, i have harvested what will be about an ounce of weed. It has been drying slowly over the past two days. It appears my attempt at only polinating a couple branches worked. I do not notice seeds in many of the buds. One I picked out today I started sifting through just for fun, and, well............

IMG_504715.JPG

IMG_504815.JPG

IMG_505112.JPG

IMG_505312.JPG

IMG_505512.JPG

IMG_505617.JPG

I can't say for sure yet what the genetics will look like, but my research shows that forcing the seeds like this from feminized will produce feminized seeds not prone to hermaphroditism so long as the original seedstock was not. Only time will tell. Most of the seeds from this one nugget look beautiful. Ended up with 80 seeds that look great and about 10 more that are immature. One nugget. I'll have to see how many more I will get, but this will be more than enough seeds for me and my homies. Now it's time to increase the diversity now that I know this works and build my seed library. Stoked.

Thanks for playing along and be sure to look at future grow logs.

Man I just wanna grab that bud and squeeze it and make all those seeds slowly ooz out

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us. :goodjob:

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

Back
Top Bottom