12/12 from Seed?

voltron

Hello all. Can anyone help me with this interesting way of growing? I ran across something :reading420magazine:that stated that you can drop seed in soil and immediately do the flowering process starting and continuing with 12/12 light dark schedule through harvest. I am a newbie and much of the information that I research is new to me, but this apparently has been tried and tested. Anyone here with knowledge and or experience with this please comment. I wonder if you can do this with rockwool and hydroton? Let me know what you think. :helpsmilie:

Re: 12/12 from Seed??

i did/doing a 12/12... the thing is that a plant has to reach a certain level of maturaity before it will flower... so when you go 12/12 from the start all you are doing is cutting down the amount of light a young plant could use to grow...

my advice is to veg it for a week of two then do 12/12 if you are really in a hurry. it will flower just as fast but the plant will be larger form the extra light.

but some of us dont have the room for letting a plant veg for a while.

Nonaware, I appreciate the response. Have you started the 12/12 yet or are you still within the week or two that you're vegging? I would really like to know how this turns out for you. I just started my grow, and I have the lights on for 24hrs, I am thinking of going to an 18/6 cycle. When I read forcing flowering straight thru harvest I figured I better do some more research on it first. I imagine the yield would be less when you flower so early as opposed to waiting 4-6wks? Let me know what you think, and if you have any pics that would be great! Thanks again for your response.

Day 1 - 7 use 20 - 4 light / dark.

Day 8 - 14 use 18 - 6 light / dark. On the last watering for the week use bloom nutes. On the 14th day let them finish their light cycle then toss them into 24 - 36 hours of darkness.

Day 15 or 16 on use 12 - 12 light / dark when you pull them out of the extended darkness.

This works well, and I also agree with nonaware about the early 12 / 12 cycle in super early growth.

Ak, Thanks for the lighting cycle for this. I think I will start my grow like this and see how she goes. One question, Should I use any nutes at any time during the first 15 days? Or just maintain proper ph/water levels. Thanks for the help guys. As always I repay with rep and many thanks. Pics will show up as well soon to show the work paying off.

If your using FFOF then just use water it has plenty of food in it. If your using something else it's all going to depend on how much food the organic soil has. You can't go wrong with just water in the early stages though. They start out life with some food storage already. It super important you don't overfeed to early. For best results just use straight phed water for at least a week. Then use 1/4 or 1/2 str nutes. Try to work it up to a max dose or whatever your plants can handle. Your first nute solution should include both bloom and veg nutes. The next one will be straight veg. Then the last one will be bloom and veg again. After that it should be time to give them one last full dose of bloom then toss into darkness. After they come out use the FFOF nute schedule.

It also doesn't hurt to tie down the tops some to expose the inner growth daily. You can basically keep your light the same height for the first 30 days. Let them grow out to little bushy fro plants. It's very important to start the training early.

Anyways rambling hehe GL man.

:oops: Sounds like this is for soil grow. Which is great, but I have my set up for hydroponic grow. And to tell you the truth I am a little stumped on how to apply my nutes anyway whether soil or hydro. I see that it is mostly measured for the gallon, so I was thinking I would measure out my nutes in a gallon or higher container and then refill my 5gall buckets as needed with the water nute solution. This is how I would also water my plants if they were in soil. Am I on the right track with this AK? You have given me some invaluable info, and I would like to put it to proper use to receive good results from my first grow.:yummy:
And fyi, I do want to do a soil grow as well in my tent along with my hydro grow. Like starting today. LOL.

I figured since I just placed one in the tent on Sunday and I now have other seeds that have popped in rockwool, that I could use my other 5 gal bucket for a soil grow and keep the 3 plants on the same vege cycle and adjust my cfl's as needed with my clamps or hang them if one plant is out growing another. And of course your method of allowing them to bush may work for this as well. I have ideas and have most of it started to keep me busy. Please, your thoughts are much appreciated, and as you can see AK rambling is o.k. as well : ) Especially with the knowledge that you guys have here. Thanks again. Let me know if you would like to know the details of my little set up.

Yo Voltron, I JUST harvest 3 JillyBeans from TGA doing a 12/12 from seed grow in 12gal Igloo Marine coolers !
A different kind of DWC ! lol
Harvested on Day 80 from seed and Day 50 bloom, last Saturday !
The first 3 - 4 weeks, the plant IS in veg stage, until bloom finally kicks in.
This is the "usual" time frame for actual 12/12 from seed plants.
Some a week earlier, but around week 3 is the avg.

I had :

1 - Indica pheno : 1.5 ounces dry and 20 inches tall
1 - Sat pheno #1 : 1.75 ounces dry and 25 inches tall
1 - Sat pheno #2 : 1.95 ounces dry and 27 inches tall

Thread is thorough from beginning to end with LOTS of pics and info !!
Check me out on Roll It Up dot com
Listed in the DWC subsection : 12/12 From Seed and 1st DWC Too !!

I tried out 12/12 straight from seedling. I did 7 in soil and after 2 weeks they looked kinda deprived, a little flimsy and undergrown compared to the ones i did regular 18/6 veg at the same time. after that i put them back into 18/6 light and they've flourished like crazy, like they were waiting to explode :p. allthough i was able to get rid of 2 males that decided to already flower after 2 weeks. Hope yours goes well:goodluck:

Yo Voltron, I JUST harvest 3 JillyBeans from TGA doing a 12/12 from seed grow in 12gal Igloo Marine coolers !
A different kind of DWC ! lol
Harvested on Day 80 from seed and Day 50 bloom, last Saturday !
The first 3 - 4 weeks, the plant IS in veg stage, until bloom finally kicks in.
This is the "usual" time frame for actual 12/12 from seed plants.
Some a week earlier, but around week 3 is the avg.

I had :

1 - Indica pheno : 1.5 ounces dry and 20 inches tall
1 - Sat pheno #1 : 1.75 ounces dry and 25 inches tall
1 - Sat pheno #2 : 1.95 ounces dry and 27 inches tall

Thread is thorough from beginning to end with LOTS of pics and info !!
Check me out on Roll It Up dot com
Listed in the DWC subsection : 12/12 From Seed and 1st DWC Too !!

FloGrow, that's sounds like beautiful results!:cheer: Especially considering the time frame. I better not let me girl read this, she will be mad that I didn't do 12/12 lol. I will check out your grows man. And from what I've been reading along with your post, I will be throwing in a couple when it comes flowering time for my other two. Thanks for the insight 1.5-1.95 dry!:morenutes: Wow, I now I am a newbie but over a 1/4# in 80 days with three one cola plants, I'm gonna have to check out the lights you used and see if the strains you used specifically for shorter grow cycle. Sounds great though. Thanks again.

I tried out 12/12 straight from seedling. I did 7 in soil and after 2 weeks they looked kinda deprived, a little flimsy and undergrown compared to the ones i did regular 18/6 veg at the same time. after that i put them back into 18/6 light and they've flourished like crazy, like they were waiting to explode :p. allthough i was able to get rid of 2 males that decided to already flower after 2 weeks. Hope yours goes well:goodluck:

Sounds like you found out something good for a two week growth spurt! LOL. Do you think by doing the 12/12 then 18/6 you received above avg growth results? And did you do any LST to the plant while in veg stage? Glad to hear that it worked out. These are some resilient plants that make us feel better despite the ailment (even if your sickness is only lack of being stoned:). I do plan on trying the 12/12, I like the one cola big bud look. I hope you try it again, (maybe when you flower your girls that you have now) and correct what may have been wrong with the first time one. Thanks for the response and the idea.

Back
Top Bottom