12/12 seed

This is making me tempted to try some more. :) Might be a good way to make a dent in the ever expanding seed collection and bring some variety and new blood
into the grow without putting too much effort in. I've got a zillion seeds of pure sativa crosses and they usually tend to take up a lot of room and time in the grow . I'll die of old age before I can grow 10% of them out.

image10747.jpeg

image10738.jpeg

This is a Critical Cheese I grew 12/12 from seed in a 17 oz container for a solo cup contest. It seemed perfectly happy from start to finish which took 101 days if I remember right. This one yielded 42 grams[/QUOTE]

You have no idea how depressed this makes me. I've yielded that much off plants I grew in 5 gallon buckets. *sigh*

This is a Critical Cheese I grew 12/12 from seed in a 17 oz container for a solo cup contest. It seemed perfectly happy from start to finish which took 101 days if I remember right. This one yielded 42 grams

You have no idea how depressed this makes me. I've yielded that much off plants I grew in 5 gallon buckets. *sigh*[/QUOTE]

Ha ha ha. Me too. And trimming it was so easy and fun that I almost wished it would last longer!

Oh yeah and as a bonus, it won the plant of the month contest. Shows that it pays to experiment around a little. I read so many people say that 12/12 from seed was a complete waste of time.

You have no idea how depressed this makes me. I've yielded that much off plants I grew in 5 gallon buckets. *sigh*

Ha ha ha. Me too. And trimming it was so easy and fun that I almost wished it would last longer!

Oh yeah and as a bonus, it won the plant of the month contest. Shows that it pays to experiment around a little. I read so many people say that 12/12 from seed was a complete waste of time.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I personally didn't have a good success story the first time I tried it, but I was convinced enough by other people's grows to try it. I'm trying to make some S1 (feminized seeds) out of some choice strains to try it again soon. It's too much expense to spend that much money on seeds if it doesn't work out though.

Oh yeah and as a bonus, it won the plant of the month contest. Shows that it pays to experiment around a little. I read so many people say that 12/12 from seed was a complete waste of time.

Yeah I personally didn't have a good success story the first time I tried it, but I was convinced enough by other people's grows to try it. I'm trying to make some S1 (feminized seeds) out of some choice strains to try it again soon. It's too much expense to spend that much money on seeds if it doesn't work out though.[/QUOTE]

Hi, had a quick peek at your first journal 12/12 from seed grow and if you dont mind me saying I got the impression you are one of these growers always fussing and messing with your plants while they are growing to the point of doing them more harm than good. I mean you were always doing something to them, just leave them alone, start them off in their final pots and just leave them be, maybe a little fertilizer 2 weeks after they begin flowering. Keep it simple.

Yeah I personally didn't have a good success story the first time I tried it, but I was convinced enough by other people's grows to try it. I'm trying to make some S1 (feminized seeds) out of some choice strains to try it again soon. It's too much expense to spend that much money on seeds if it doesn't work out though.

Hi, had a quick peek at your first journal 12/12 from seed grow and if you dont mind me saying I got the impression you are one of these growers always fussing and messing with your plants while they are growing to the point of doing them more harm than good. I mean you were always doing something to them, just leave them alone, start them off in their final pots and just leave them be, maybe a little fertilizer 2 weeks after they begin flowering. Keep it simple.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's true, especially with that grow. It was only my second ever. I have been looking forward to trying it again when I get more seeds.

malawi_day_118_d.jpg

This two are Malawis grown 12/12 from seed. The one in the foreground came to 100 grams dried and the one behind came to 119 grams dried.

41554.jpg

Another shot

napalm_day_69_b.jpg

This is a Napalm (indica dominant hybrid) again grown 12/12 from seed, came in at a 100 grams dried.

napalm_day_68.jpg

These are all grown 12/12 from seed, one behind is DP's the Ultimate came in at a disappointing 56 grams dried.

51249.jpg

All grown 12/12 from seed. Don't let anyone ever tell you its a waste of time growing 12/12 from seed they don't know what they are talking about its the only way I grow.

Do you do anything to the plant as it grows? Or just let it grow naturally with nutes?

Do you do anything to the plant as it grows? Or just let it grow naturally with nutes?

The only thing I do is top them when they are about 6 inches tall or rather I should say as soon as I am able to which is usually around the 4 - 6 inch mark. Since the soil mix already comes with nutes I dont usually start feeding them till about 2 weeks after they start flowering.

Oh yeah and as a bonus, it won the plant of the month contest. Shows that it pays to experiment around a little. I read so many people say that 12/12 from seed was a complete waste of time.[/QUOTE]

It's not that it's a waste of time it's just that photo seeds take around 6 weeks to mature regardless so they don't flower right away even if you only give them 12 hours of light... So i mean giving them more light those first 5-6 weeks would seem best. I don't care what anyone else does its all dependant on the grower but going 12/12 when the plant isn't mature yet isn't something most would do. But when in a solo cup/small container it is probably for the best.

I have a couple plants flowering in 1 gal pots and they are looking good so far.

Yeah in general obviously people are going to want to give their plants that extra 6 hours of light per day and grow them bigger. Situations vary though. And keep in mind that most sativas , which is mainly what I happen to grow, originate in places that often have 12/12 lighting year around. Like the county of Malawi, as a prime example. My best plants have yielded just over 1 g/W. but some of them take six months or more till harvest. In fact six months is about usual for me. Meanwhile, that teeny little Cheese yielded an ounce and a half in 101 days and used barely any nutes, a cupful of coco, and 2/3 of the lighting during the time it was vegging.

Would like to post a few more pics but don't know how to embed the pics in this new 420 forum. The camera link to install your pics doesn't appear to be working.

I'm having the same issue and I think it's possibly connected to my having a poor internet (actually cellular data) connection.

When I press the camera icon on the screen darkens and then if I wait long enough - the thumbnails do appear.

I'm having the same issue and I think it's possibly connected to my having a poor internet (actually cellular data) connection.

When I press the camera icon on the screen darkens and then if I wait long enough - the thumbnails do appear.

Hi Weaselcracker, I was just trying to post some pics of the natural progression, almost like a time lapse, of how the plants develop but since they revamped the website I seem unable to post any pics at all. I can upload pictures to my gallery but that's about it, the camera button definitely doesn't work for me, wonder if the administrators are aware of this problem.

Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos
(updated )

Various bugs are being worked out. Also some things are slowed because files are still being transferred.
It also could be some confusion on your end. Though it doesn't sound like it.
There's a thread here for discussion of issues with the new forum.
Brand New Forums & Gallery

My operating system isn't the latest one- and I'm waiting to get a chance to update it before I worry too much about it. But posting pictures has been very difficult for me so far. But possible.

Hi, I use 6.5 Litre pots and if you are going to grow 12/12 from seed always start your seeds off in their final pot its a waste of time transplanting and it doesn't do the plants any good. I use a mix of Hps and Led lighting in my grows as I find they give the best results and you can grow ANY strain 12/12 from seed but the system is best for pure sativas. I find I normally average between 80 and a 100 grams dried using this method although I have had as little as 56 grams. Hope that helps.
I just germed some Colombian Black and Acapulco Gold. I think I'll give this a try seems how they take so long. :cool:

I just germed some Colombian Black and Acapulco Gold. I think I'll give this a try seems how they take so long. :cool:

Im just growing one Acapulco gold myself together with some other strains, I didnt top it like I normally do as an experiment to see how it compares with the topped ones, wish I could post a pic of it.

Im just growing one Acapulco gold myself together with some other strains, I didnt top it like I normally do as an experiment to see how it compares with the topped ones, wish I could post a pic of it.
If it's a Nierika Acapulco Gold be sure you have lots of height to play with. I just finished one and it totally got away from me. I did top it but not until it got to about 7' and it wasn't done stretching yet.

I just ordered some 2 gallon pots to try your method.

If it's a Nierika Acapulco Gold be sure you have lots of height to play with. I just finished one and it totally got away from me. I did top it but not until it got to about 7' and it wasn't done stretching yet.

I just ordered some 2 gallon pots to try your method.

No its a Barneys farm Acapulco gold and unless you like single cola plants I would suggest that you top it.

I really cannot post any pics on this new website. I can only suggest if people have access to other members galleries to look at the first 6 pics in my gallery to see what Im talking about.

Finally managed to upload them by going through google chrome as the camera button doesnt appear to function using the normal google.
These are pics of the plants development from day 38 through to day 77.
I should explain that I start counting days right from when the first seed germinates, so the plants in the pics are all actually at various stages of development and there is a difference of 3 weeks between the oldest and the youngest.

Back
Top Bottom