12/12 seed

I don't think it would hurt. I grow with a HPS through veg which is not really preferable. I don't know that you would need too. Even though the plant is on flower time. It still needs to veg a mature for a while before it goes to flowering. Keeping plenty of Blue spectrum at this time would probably give you some extra growth. Plus running the flower switch at the same time might rob power from the veg lights.

If it was me I would wait on the flower light till they started putting out hairs on top. Run both for a couple weeks before switching to the flower only. I can't change the spectrum of my lights so I never do. People who use led's that you can do it with. Might have better info for you.

I don't think it would hurt. I grow with a HPS through veg which is not really preferable. I don't know that you would need too. Even though the plant is on flower time. It still needs to veg a mature for a while before it goes to flowering. Keeping plenty of Blue spectrum at this time would probably give you some extra growth. Plus running the flower switch at the same time might rob power from the veg lights.

If it was me I would wait on the flower light till they started putting out hairs on top. Run both for a couple weeks before switching to the flower only. I can't change the spectrum of my lights so I never do. People who use led's that you can do it with. Might have better info for you.
Yea I cant change mine either I have a 5 day old seedling I started in Root Riot and when I saw roots I transplanted in a solo cup. My point however is I have a plant in 4th week flowering and the seedling that is up as well all under same light as an experiment to see if I can get yield out of both girls in same conditions and 12/12 schedule? Thoughts?
20191213_204046.jpg

Attachments

• received_2535292086716530.jpeg
    received_2535292086716530.jpeg
    393 KB · Views: 161
Do you think it is ok to use veg and bloom switch together when growing 12/12 from seed?

Depends on how powerful your Led grow lights are and how much head space you have to hang them I would say. If you have a super duper Led drawing something like 800 to 1000 actual watts from the wall I probably wouldnt use veg and bloom together right away and would give them 3 to 4 weeks of just veg first before switching on the bloom too, but if your Leds only draw something like 180 to 300 actual watts from the wall I dont see any harm in switching on both veg and bloom straight away.

From the sound of it. Your lights are set to flower a plant that is 4 weeks into flower. Plus you have a new start. It is a pretty easy decision. Leave the lights as they are. The plant in flower needs it. Changing things up now could make it hermie. It is not worth the risk. Just let the start go as it is. Making it adapt to the environment has a lot less risk. Production from the start has a lot to do with the strain itself. The longer the flower time the better they will adapt. You are just going to miss a lot of growth. The plants will still bud fine they will just be shorter and produce less.

malawi_day_118_d.jpg

This two are Malawis grown 12/12 from seed. The one in the foreground came to 100 grams dried and the one behind came to 119 grams dried.

41554.jpg

Another shot

napalm_day_69_b.jpg

This is a Napalm (indica dominant hybrid) again grown 12/12 from seed, came in at a 100 grams dried.

napalm_day_68.jpg

These are all grown 12/12 from seed, one behind is DP's the Ultimate came in at a disappointing 56 grams dried.

51249.jpg

All grown 12/12 from seed. Don't let anyone ever tell you its a waste of time growing 12/12 from seed they don't know what they are talking about its the only way I grow.
And by the way autos are not meant to be grown under a 12/12 light cycle to get the best out of them you have to give them a minimum of 18/6 or better still 20/4.
Hi aphrodisia, I am very new at this also and because of my circumstances growing 12/12 from seed is the only way and option for me so I am going to follow you and pick your brain so I can get plants and buds like the ones you have grown. I noticed in pics of yours that you have some seedlings that sprouted. My setup is using a 1000 W LED (not sure what watt would be coming out of wall) and an unknown seed/5 gallon fabric pot with happy frog soil and my first question to you is I have a seedling that is about 2" with first set of leaves. how do I make sure that my plant wont stretch right away so I can get and keep tighter nodes throughout its first 3 weeks? and do you do any LST while growing 12/12 from seed? I am in a closet grow and temps and RH are all pretty ok and I ph my water to about 6.0 to 6.5. Thoughts on light distance to seedling? use both veg and bloom switch on? or just bloom switch through whole grow? Thnx for sharing much love and respect for your grows all your plants I can only wish and hope for the like.

And by the way autos are not meant to be grown under a 12/12 light cycle to get the best out of them you have to give them a minimum of 18/6 or better still 20/4.
That is correct, however, and this is the exception not the norm.
I grew an auto in the same room as my photoperiod crop. It was an auto blue dream and it was just turning as I flipped my lights. She yielded a very solid 10 Oz dry weight. She is the photo on my profile and if you look at my media uploads there is a beautiful 10oz sack next to a 10litre bucket. It's the first and only time I've grown an auto and I chucked her in for shits and giggles. I also tipped her and pruned her in veg stage as well. It was an experiment that worked out. Again, this is an exception lol

starting 12/12 from seed, to get most of the plant, top the 3rd node top. You should be around 15 days from seed when this should happen. Also, when you top the first tip 3rd node, Transplant into a 3-5gl pot, (should be in 1gl when starting seed) and prune roots that are runners before putting in the bigger pot. After 24 hours, you will be very fast growth phase, lasting about 7-10 days, where you new tops should of grown tremendously. You want to LST them as soon at the new tops separate from the node cut, then bud sites will start. You want to train those 2 tops to grow horizontal and keep it level as possible for 14 days. Then let them grow vertically for rest of the grow

Hi aphrodisia, I am very new at this also and because of my circumstances growing 12/12 from seed is the only way and option for me so I am going to follow you and pick your brain so I can get plants and buds like the ones you have grown. I noticed in pics of yours that you have some seedlings that sprouted. My setup is using a 1000 W LED (not sure what watt would be coming out of wall) and an unknown seed/5 gallon fabric pot with happy frog soil and my first question to you is I have a seedling that is about 2" with first set of leaves. how do I make sure that my plant wont stretch right away so I can get and keep tighter nodes throughout its first 3 weeks? and do you do any LST while growing 12/12 from seed? I am in a closet grow and temps and RH are all pretty ok and I ph my water to about 6.0 to 6.5. Thoughts on light distance to seedling? use both veg and bloom switch on? or just bloom switch through whole grow? Thnx for sharing much love and respect for your grows all your plants I can only wish and hope for the like.

First of all it seems you dont even know what type of seed you have, if its male or female. It does seem rather a waste of time spending weeks growing a plant for it to turn out a male.
Have you actually grown anything before ?, because in all honesty if you havent the best thing I can recommend for you to do is to get yourself a good grow book and read it before starting.
As for your lights there are huge differences between the various LED lights out there as far as quality and power are concerned and I cant really comment on your lights till I know what the actual watts it draws from the wall are and what brand it is, some lights advertise 1000 LED watts and you find they only draw 300 actual watts. Again a lot depends on the size of your grow space or tent, how high is your head room, etc. I personally like using more than one source of light as I find that gives the best results so I like using LED's together with HPS lighting but you can also use LED's with CFL's for the same results and LED's tend to keep the plants internodal distances tight anyway and prevent stretching.
Just go ahead and grow the seedling anyway, you might be lucky and it would be a female and thats how you learn by actually doing it. Just keep things simple and dont fool around with them too much and let them get on with it. If you havent got much experience with growing you may find growing with LED's a bit challenging as they can sometimes bleach and spot the leaves on the plant and people somrtimes mistake this for a nutrient deficiency but its not. Anyway good luck with your grow you should post a diary.

That is correct, however, and this is the exception not the norm.
I grew an auto in the same room as my photoperiod crop. It was an auto blue dream and it was just turning as I flipped my lights. She yielded a very solid 10 Oz dry weight. She is the photo on my profile and if you look at my media uploads there is a beautiful 10oz sack next to a 10litre bucket. It's the first and only time I've grown an auto and I chucked her in for shits and giggles. I also tipped her and pruned her in veg stage as well. It was an experiment that worked out. Again, this is an exception lol

You got 10oz dry weight from an auto on 12/12 lighting ? Respect. If anybody else had made that claim I would have called them a liar but I have checked out some of your grows and if anyone can pull it off you could.
I see you use a mixture of HPS and LED's as well, in my experience it gives the best overall result. Was that Nirvana's blue dream by the way ? And how big is your tent and lights ?

You got 10oz dry weight from an auto on 12/12 lighting ? Respect. If anybody else had made that claim I would have called them a liar but I have checked out some of your grows and if anyone can pull it off you could.
I see you use a mixture of HPS and LED's as well, in my experience it gives the best overall result. Was that Nirvana's blue dream by the way ? And how big is your tent and lights ?
Thanks for the compliment it means a lot. The seed was from Humboldt seeds and was a freebie from an order through the attitude seed bank. My tent is 2.2mL X 2.2mw X 2mh. Yea I agree, mixed lighting is really good.

Back
Top Bottom