12 day old autos, pale green leaves

Started all over yesterday after getting tent clean from first attempt:

Lemond Candy fem + Strawberry Eclairs fem (photos)
70/30 Happy Frog to perlite. Added small bottom layer of Ocean Forest
Pre-flushed to activate soil yesterday and planted direct to soil
Temps consistent at 72-75 + humidity at 55-65%
LED light is 24in from top of container
24 hour light at the moment

Hope to see them sprout in 3-4 days! Will post photos then.
Looks like things are off to a good start! Good luck Tom!

Looks like things are off to a good start! Good luck Tom!

Both sprouted today (day 4 germinating). Took the dome off and going to keep it off for now. Wanted to thank you again for all the guidance and getting me started off on the right foot.

Attachments

• IMG_1343.jpeg
    IMG_1343.jpeg
    685 KB · Views: 53
Congrats on the new babies, and I'm glad I was able to help get you going! :Namaste:

Hope you're staying well during this time. As you know, plants sprouted on Tuesday. So far decent amount of stretching, but not sure if something to be concerned with. LED is 24" away from top of container. Also, question on watering. The very top layer is feeling dry/crisp. Not sure if it's ready to start getting sprayed or wait until top layer is mostly dry before directly watering with bottle. Thoughts?

Hope you're staying well during this time. As you know, plants sprouted on Tuesday. So far decent amount of stretching, but not sure if something to be concerned with. LED is 24" away from top of container. Also, question on watering. The very top layer is feeling dry/crisp. Not sure if it's ready to start getting sprayed or wait until top layer is mostly dry before directly watering with bottle. Thoughts?
So far so good in the feeling well department. I hope the same for you.

The stretch is from the lack of light. Either drop the fixture down or increase the intensity/amount of light. When you upcan her bury her deep enough so she's not so lanky.
Watering can be done with a small squeezable container with a small opening. It doesn't matter what you use as long as you have control and the water doesn't come flooding out. I'd give her some water away from the stem, mainly around the perimeter of the pot so she starts searching for the water. Not too much, maybe 100mL or so, less if you think you've given enough. The point is too much is worse than too little.
Keep an eye on her she doesn't tip over. A small stick may help if she does. I've seen some split a small straw down the center about two inches long and wrap it around the stem. If you make the slit wide enough you wont have to handle the plant as you slip it around.

So far so good in the feeling well department. I hope the same for you.

The stretch is from the lack of light. Either drop the fixture down or increase the intensity/amount of light. When you upcan her bury her deep enough so she's not so lanky.
Watering can be done with a small squeezable container with a small opening. It doesn't matter what you use as long as you have control and the water doesn't come flooding out. I'd give her some water away from the stem, mainly around the perimeter of the pot so she starts searching for the water. Not too much, maybe 100mL or so, less if you think you've given enough. The point is too much is worse than too little.
Keep an eye on her she doesn't tip over. A small stick may help if she does. I've seen some split a small straw down the center about two inches long and wrap it around the stem. If you make the slit wide enough you wont have to handle the plant as you slip it around.

Light dropped and brightness increased a bit. Prob meter giving me moist so don’t think I’m overwatered ATM. Will add some top soil in a day after it’s pre-flushed

Light dropped and brightness increased a bit. Prob meter giving me moist so don’t think I’m overwatered ATM. Will add some top soil in a day after it’s pre-flushed
OK just keep an eye on her with the light changes you just made. You don't want to go from one extreme to the other because she's pretty fragile at this stage.

OK just keep an eye on her with the light changes you just made. You don't want to go from one extreme to the other because she's pretty fragile at this stage.

Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since they sprouted soil. Growth has been better than last grow, but experiencing thin stem on both. One I had to use a pipe cleaner to keep it straight. Seems to be working. But I am wondering if this is still slow growth. Have heard after 2 weeks growth picks up.

Lemon Candy does have a few pale spotting on leaves. Might be a bit of nutrient deficiency. When do you start to feed with Megan Crop?

but experiencing thin stem on both. One I had to use a pipe cleaner to keep it straight. Seems to be working. But I am wondering if this is still slow growth. Have heard after 2 weeks growth picks up.
Sounds like not enough light. If the stem is long and thin then the lights are most likely too high or not strong enough.

Sounds like not enough light. If the stem is long and thin then the lights are most likely too high or not strong enough.

Up'd the LED intensity a bit more. Can bring light down a bit, but isn't LED basically going to give the same output 24" high vs. 12"?

Up'd the LED intensity a bit more. Can bring light down a bit, but isn't LED basically going to give the same output 24" high vs. 12"?
It will always give the same output regardless of height. I couldn't recall what you were growing under as a seedling. If it was a flourescent then the intensity may not have been enough.

Lowering the light would be the correct way to go before increasing the intensity. So if you are at 24" high then dropping it 6 inches would work as long as you dialed back the intensity.

It will always give the same output regardless of height. I couldn't recall what you were growing under as a seedling. If it was a flourescent then the intensity may not have been enough.

Lowering the light would be the correct way to go before increasing the intensity. So if you are at 24" high then dropping it 6 inches would work as long as you dialed back the intensity.

Ahh that makes sense. I have something like this here. But I can increase and decrease intensity.

Ahh that makes sense. I have something like this here. But I can increase and decrease intensity.
OK, so when the plants are young you ideally want a lower intensity to prevent light stress. Raising and lowering lights affect how the plant grows vertically. If the light is too high then the plant grows thin and tall. If too low the the plant tends to droop away from the light and the rate of growth slows as far as height goes.

As the plant gets older you raise the light and increase the intensity and find the correct balance for penetration with the height without causing the tops to burn of taco.

OK, so when the plants are young you ideally want a lower intensity to prevent light stress. Raising and lowering lights affect how the plant grows vertically. If the light is too high then the plant grows thin and tall. If too low the the plant tends to droop away from the light and the rate of growth slows as far as height goes.

As the plant gets older you raise the light and increase the intensity and find the correct balance for penetration with the height without causing the tops to burn of taco.

Sounds good. So far seems to be no burning. But not we're at day 16 since peaking through soil and was hoping for a bit more explosive growth after two week mark. Also, Lemon Candy still having light discoloring on new growth.

Attachments

• IMG_1478.JPG
    IMG_1478.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1476.JPG
    IMG_1476.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1474.JPG
    IMG_1474.JPG
    904.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1472.JPG
    IMG_1472.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1469.JPG
    IMG_1469.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 34
When do you start to feed with Megan Crop?
I missed this earlier. After the second node you can safely start to feed at 2g/gal or 4L of water. Just don't overwater them and they'll grow faster. Let the pots dry out some before the next watering. You can give a small amount of nuted water just to get some food into them but you'll need to get a wet/dry cycle going soon.
Also, Lemon Candy still having light discoloring on new growth.
That should fix itself once she get's some food.

I missed this earlier. After the second node you can safely start to feed at 2g/gal or 4L of water. Just don't overwater them and they'll grow faster. Let the pots dry out some before the next watering. You can give a small amount of nuted water just to get some food into them but you'll need to get a wet/dry cycle going soon.

That should fix itself once she get's some food.

You're all good, buddy! They should be pretty dried out today after I got a fan blowing directing across them to get stem to bulk up. I'll go small with the feeding ATM. Maybe just 1gram/gal? Also, would you recommend a water cycle of feed with MC, water, water, feed w/MC again?

You're all good, buddy! They should be pretty dried out today after I got a fan blowing directing across them to get stem to bulk up. I'll go small with the feeding ATM. Maybe just 1gram/gal? Also, would you recommend a water cycle of feed with MC, water, water, feed w/MC again?
You can feed MC with every watering. If you start to see deficiencies then we would do a reset of the medium where you flush out the excessive salts and come back with full strength nutes. Nothing you'll have to worry about if you stay within the feeding calculator.
You can start with 1g/gal but honestly the plants will handle 2g/gal which is recommended for seedlings.

You can feed MC with every watering. If you start to see deficiencies then we would do a reset of the medium where you flush out the excessive salts and come back with full strength nutes. Nothing you'll have to worry about if you stay within the feeding calculator.
You can start with 1g/gal but honestly the plants will handle 2g/gal which is recommended for seedlings.

Oh wow that’s great to hear about MC. Not used to nutes like this. Will increase to 2g/gal next feed. Do you typically pH your water? I’m trying to keep mine 6.5. Also, another fan now. One blowing against canopy. Another moving air out of tent via top vent. Hope to get mot CO2 in there.

Attachments

• 750BB30A-5FAE-43F3-9304-4D55CD4C01DC.jpeg
    750BB30A-5FAE-43F3-9304-4D55CD4C01DC.jpeg
    483.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 5F6A214C-2804-4AA1-80D0-5AC4B04A5704.jpeg
    5F6A214C-2804-4AA1-80D0-5AC4B04A5704.jpeg
    972.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 8FEA2A4B-C038-42A1-87D0-9625357CDE9E.jpeg
    8FEA2A4B-C038-42A1-87D0-9625357CDE9E.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 45
  • 3D64A820-9189-4B89-AEE7-D9452EE9D7B2.jpeg
    3D64A820-9189-4B89-AEE7-D9452EE9D7B2.jpeg
    494.3 KB · Views: 51
Do you typically pH your water? I’m trying to keep mine 6.5.
No I don't worry about it. FFOF has buffering agents in it which controls the pH. If I reuse the soil then I would consider adding some dolomitic lime to replenish the buffering agent.
The pH in the media is what is important to the plant, not the pH of the water. If you run coco, hydro or other passive hydro medias then you need to pH your nutes.

Oh wow that’s great to hear about MC. Not used to nutes like this. Will increase to 2g/gal next feed. Do you typically pH your water? I’m trying to keep mine 6.5. Also, another fan now. One blowing against canopy. Another moving air out of tent via top vent. Hope to get mot CO2 in there.

You need to re-pot those plants and bury them deeper so there isn't a long stem.

Back
Top Bottom