12 day old autos, pale green leaves

I wouldn't go to high with the light as I can see the plant was stretching earlier on... probably why the others metioned to lower it.
The plants take very little water at that stage so I'm not sure why you would have flushed it. It may explain why it looks hungry as well(yellow in color) so some food at a light dose will help. The problem is she's too wet to be fed really.

Ahh good to know. Light is maybe about 10 inch away now, but can lower if I notice more stretching. Flush actually helped significantly, first time this morning that both plants were perked up.

About over a week update. Auto Pounder is doing well, but still relatively small IMO for sprouting social on Feb. 9. Auto Gelato is not doing as well. The difference is quite shocking.

Video

Photo

About over a week update. Auto Pounder is doing well, but still relatively small IMO for sprouting social on Feb. 9. Auto Gelato is not doing as well. The difference is quite shocking.

How many times have you watered since the flush and how much water have you been giving them?

Have you given any food to them yet?

How many times have you watered since the flush and how much water have you been giving them?

Have you given any food to them yet?

Flushed on Wed. 3/25. Didn't water until Sat. 3/29. Watered again Monday (pH'd tap water) and yesterday w/Cytoplus and today (pH'd tap water). Four total since flush, but I typically do not water each more than 250 ml. Feed has been introduced. Using OneShot from Nectar and worm castings as top soil spread. Maybe a teaspoon of each on each plant, trying to stay low.

Flushed on Wed. 3/25. Didn't water until Sat. 3/29. Watered again Monday (pH'd tap water) and yesterday w/Cytoplus and today (pH'd tap water). Four total since flush, but I typically do not water each more than 250 ml. Feed has been introduced. Using OneShot from Nectar and worm castings as top soil spread. Maybe a teaspoon of each on each plant, trying to stay low.
OK thanks. I looked up both those nutes. The One Shot has an NPK of 3-10-0 and not really ideal for vegetative stage. You want to have a higher N content. The P seems high as well.
As an example, the Megacrop we referred to earlier has a NPK of 9-6-17 and will take you from seedling to harvest without anything else.
Currently you are feeding high amounts of P and no K and very little N. Plants need N for growth during veg.

The Cytoplus has a NPK of 0-0-7.5. This is designed for "Key Growth Times" as they describe and is given as a foliar(one way to apply it) to remedy micronutrient deficiencies.

The One Shot are prills, little balls that release food for the plant over a period of time. Cannabis can't wait and looks for nutrients as it needs them and not as the fertilizer dictates when it's going to provide it.

If I was to guess again on the slow growth it's a combination of fertilizer and overwatering. I know you said about 250mL and that may not sound like a lot, but to a plant that has slow developing roots it's too much. Try and water away from the stem and not directly around the stem. Start with a circle about 2 inches away from the stem and add your water working towards the sides of the pot as this will strengthen the roots. You want the roots to search for water and not just sitting there sucking up whatever touches them.

OK thanks. I looked up both those nutes. The One Shot has an NPK of 3-10-0 and not really ideal for vegetative stage. You want to have a higher N content. The P seems high as well.
As an example, the Megacrop we referred to earlier has a NPK of 9-6-17 and will take you from seedling to harvest without anything else.
Currently you are feeding high amounts of P and no K and very little N. Plants need N for growth during veg.

The Cytoplus has a NPK of 0-0-7.5. This is designed for "Key Growth Times" as they describe and is given as a foliar(one way to apply it) to remedy micronutrient deficiencies.

The One Shot are prills, little balls that release food for the plant over a period of time. Cannabis can't wait and looks for nutrients as it needs them and not as the fertilizer dictates when it's going to provide it.

If I was to guess again on the slow growth it's a combination of fertilizer and overwatering. I know you said about 250mL and that may not sound like a lot, but to a plant that has slow developing roots it's too much. Try and water away from the stem and not directly around the stem. Start with a circle about 2 inches away from the stem and add your water working towards the sides of the pot as this will strengthen the roots. You want the roots to search for water and not just sitting there sucking up whatever touches them.

Really appreciate you staying close with me on this. This is again frustrating, but my fault for trusting the local shop and social company to tell me there's everything in the soil I need for up to four weeks and then the addition of OneShot should help from veg to finish. Foolish.

Just ordered a 1000g MegaCrop for $10 with shipping. Will be introducing that ASAP and watering in the method you recommended.

Know this is always a hard question to answer, but keep these going? Feel like they're going to start flowering in the next coming week.

Know this is always a hard question to answer, but keep these going?
It really is a personal thing. If I don't think I'm going to get much from the plant then it hurts my supply. If I have enough supply to drop new beans and start over then I do. If my supply is running low then I may be more inclined to keep them.

If the megacrop shows up shortly I would wait. Once you start feeding them the MC it will help them grow at a faster rate. They may flower in a week but then again it could be two :)

It really is a personal thing. If I don't think I'm going to get much from the plant then it hurts my supply. If I have enough supply to drop new beans and start over then I do. If my supply is running low then I may be more inclined to keep them.

If the megacrop shows up shortly I would wait. Once you start feeding them the MC it will help them grow at a faster rate. They may flower in a week but then again it could be two :)

Got the MC. Only took two days to ship. Just fed them 1 liter and 1.6g mix. Only watered about 100ml per plant. Let’s see if this does the trick.

Side note, not sure I’ve ever smelled a worse smelling nutrient mix. Holy cow shit batman

Got the MC. Only took two days to ship. Just fed them 1 liter and 1.6g mix. Only watered about 100ml per plant. Let’s see if this does the trick.

Side note, not sure I’ve ever smelled a worse smelling nutrient mix. Holy cow shit batman
lol, yes it does stink. I suggest you try and stick with their calculator for Megacrop. Your plants are still on the small side so really you fed them around 6.5g/4L which is the high end of flower. Your plants want around 2 or 3g/4L. Users of MC will always refer to g/gallon or g/4L. So 1.6 * 4 = 6.4g/4L. Hopefully the plant will handle it. You only gave a small amount but I would mix up a new batch or divide your current mix in two and fill both with water for a lighter mixture.

Here's the link to the calculator

Interesting. Might of misread the calculator, but showing 1.06 for veg.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-09 at 7.52.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-09 at 7.52.01 PM.png
    211.2 KB · Views: 35
Correct, so you were half a gram over @ 1.6g. I can see how it was an oversight. That put you in the Bloom/Harvest range.

Safe to say I'm going to start over now. Both started to flower. Gelato flowering at just a few inches tall. Any advice on soil alternative? Light warrior to start? Not sure if a humidity dome is necessary, but do have one. In the past I used to germinate in paper town and plant into solo cups. Happy to hear if there's better ways!

Everyone has their own method. Seeds sit in distilled or spring water until a tap root shows then I put in the paper towel in an open ziplock bag on a towel over a warm surface no higher than 85F until the tap is about 3/8 long.
Then it goes into solo cups that has a dry medium in it so the seedling doesn't drown when transplanted. With autos once I have 2-3 nodes I transplant in the final home.
Seedling soil is fine to start but I use FFOF for both seedlings and growing.
Promix HP is another good alternative to growing.

Everyone has their own method. Seeds sit in distilled or spring water until a tap root shows then I put in the paper towel in an open ziplock bag on a towel over a warm surface no higher than 85F until the tap is about 3/8 long.
Then it goes into solo cups that has a dry medium in it so the seedling doesn't drown when transplanted. With autos once I have 2-3 nodes I transplant in the final home.
Seedling soil is fine to start but I use FFOF for both seedlings and growing.
Promix HP is another good alternative to growing.

That sounds great on germinating. Im going back to photo now. Now that I think of it, I have used FFOF okay for seedlings. Maybe starting with a mix of that and Happy Frog could prevent burn. Never heard of Promix HP but will look into it as I research alternatives.

It's like clean soil :)
Many use it for the lower cost per plant. You typically don't need to pH your nutes when using that or FFOF since it has buffering agents built in.

Just did a search and no Promix HP available in IL. Will go with OF, but mix with HP to start then transfer to full OF. Been reading your posts and see MegaCrop should get me through the whole way. MC still good with soil?

Yes I use MC with FFOF all the time. I cut my FFOF with 25% perlite for better aeration and drainage. I have not used HF but I understand it's basically a toned down OF.

Started all over yesterday after getting tent clean from first attempt:
Lemond Candy fem + Strawberry Eclairs fem (photos)
70/30 Happy Frog to perlite. Added small bottom layer of Ocean Forest
Pre-flushed to activate soil yesterday and planted direct to soil
Temps consistent at 72-75 + humidity at 55-65%
LED light is 24in from top of container
24 hour light at the moment

Hope to see them sprout in 3-4 days! Will post photos then.

Back
Top Bottom