12 feet in a hole

slntchttrbx

i thought i had a well in my back porch. i always threw a coin in for shitts and giggles. well i took a flash light and noticed that its an under ground room! and tunnels! i want to grow! i have been reading threads on how to grow, i want to ask questions but i find them in other thread so i really dont need to ask much, but im seriously like wow.. this is fn cool, its 12 feet down, ceiling like 7 feet high. im am beside myself... and it does explain the lock on the inside of the door of a 10'10 ft room..... any advice for a first timer, that is not offered in the threads? like where the heck would i get good seeds that are not going to get me busted a second time.... the equipment i have is an infred/hollogen lighting, planters, a table, a spray bottle, and a rope to climb down the hole...... this hole is sooooo cool, ill have to get a few pics when it gets ready...:cheesygrinsmiley: im only going to do a few plants for myself. not looking to sell.
take care all.:Rasta::cool::cheesygrinsmiley:

Re: 12 feet in a hole..

Really? thats cool. . . I'm thinking being underground would help with your temps, maybe a humidity issue though, but nothing that can't be fixed I'm sure. . . great idea. . . :allgood::peace:

P.s. I think I'd get one of those fire escape ladders, you know the ones you'd see at home depot. . sorta like a rope ladder. that way you can pull it up when your finished and it wouldn't be a pain to store. . . I hate to hear you fell in your hole using a rope. .lol man, I wish I had a 10'x10' underground room. . . I'm jealous. .

Bagz

Sounds like a perfect setup. My 1st gro was in a similar space under the house. I had 12 plants in 5-gal. buckets and several tube florescents on chains that I could lower and raise by myself with a pulley. And 2 frogs. Just as I ready to harvest I got ripped off by a little 13-yr-old brat that lived 1/2 mi. down the road and who played with my son. He waited until I drove down the street and he knew no one was home and told some older guys who brought a truck. How does a nice mom go about strangling a little kid!! I was so mad I went down to his house and told his dad (a c****** dealer named Walrus). The dad confronted his kid and found out it was true. So he shaved the kid's head (???) and at the end of summer vacation he marched the kid to my house and the kid gave me $100 that he had earned working. That eased the pain a little. Righteous dad dude I guess.

well i had to tell one. i needed help down the rope... he is cool peeps. jelouse but cool.... the owner to this house is selling, i was thinking about asking to rent to own. he has been my manager for 6 years. he is selling for 80 thou.
i could make a 9 thou down payment but that would be my savings till i can get disability...

Bagzgroove, would a dehumidifier work, a small one? or do you have another suggestion, the temp cool down there, and damp feeling but not too bad.. i cannot get pics because i need help going down, and my friend has not been over since we went down the first time. im really stoked about this i cannot wait to get started!
im going to drill a hole behind my stove that leads to the indoor porch... and put an orange cord down the hole, and i have carpet that im going to use to cover the hole.
julianne, first is there some hidden reason for the frogs? that would suck about the kid. good to hear you got something out of it, but that would still not make up for it. if someone rips off my plants.......... my neighbor has pigs...
:peace:

Make sure you have a bang on efficient carbon filter for odour control. If you vent and exhaust you should have minimal issues with dampness and humidity. I would make the access hatch "stealthy", so that a search will not detect it. I would also have a motion sensor for upstairs so you know if someone is there when you are in the grow room. Goodluck

thanx Smokin.Moose. i guess im not as ready as i thought... as for a motion sensor.... gosh that is over board for me. its under my indoor portch.. i can altho use a padlelock on the door. there is one on there now, im using it so noone can fall in. and i have NO way of ventaliting unless i use the rope entrance.. i really want to go back down... yea i think i am going to invest in one of those ladder ropes...

julianne, first is there some hidden reason for the frogs? that would suck about the kid. good to hear you got something out of it, but that would still not make up for it. if someone rips off my plants.......... my neighbor has pigs...
:peace:

The frogs just showed up one day and they stayed. They sat in the dirt in the buckets my plants were in. The room was like a little cellar with a small door outside at ground level. I piled up some crates to get down in it. Used the outside hose for watering. Ran orange extension cord. I had a strong padlock on the outside door but they used bolt cutters.
Another thing is make sure lights don't shine through any cracks at night.

sounds like a great set up. plus its gotta be fun having a secret room. good luck and keep us informed.

frogs are great for pest control. there was one in my um.. cave for awhile but its disappeared. when my grows are all caught up i'm going to make my grow area more difficult for critters to enter and exit. then i'm gonna get a couple more frogs in there. if i come across any friendly snakes i might add one or two of them as well. i also am thinking about lady bugs for pest control. i hate chemicals.

julianne, User, i love the frog idea. thanx. i was reading in another thread, about feeding your plants.
well i was wondering one day when i had regular house plants, i used my turtle water to water the plants and noticed that they were doing really well.
so i decided to water a few of my plants with just water, and the other with just turtle tank water. and the ones that were watered with just turtle water were doing fn great! the vines were twice as long, and leaves were greener. would that suffice for fertlizer in marijuana plants?
it also stated that i would have to transplant the plants. well, julianne, did you need to transplant yours? because i have a bunch of 5 gallon pickle buckets from when i worked at Burger King hell.
btw, User, if you happen to find any snakes you can always mail me one ;~) i so adore snakes....such beautiful creatures.....

i want a couple of puff adders. non poisonous. they puff up like a cobra and play dead really well. i had a couple in my driveway last summer and played with them for awhile before putting them out in the woods.
oh! im - sooo - jelouse...... all i can get my hands on is a grass snake. i had one, i named him Trouser.. but i let him go after my manager found him...
every friend that has one, will not let me hold them...... and i have the hardest time finding them around here.... your so lucky.....
oh no! i realized this comment will end the awsome number below my icon. the perfectly sized 420. sigh.. but i have to, its for the snake, im so jelouse that im willing to lose that wonderous number that befell my posts..... indeed a relpy for a snake is worth that loss...:peace::allgood:

here is his pic. Trouser..
digi_419.jpg

LOL!! trouser! :laughtwo:

I'm not really sure how much a dehumidifier would remove from a situation like that. . . I would try to find a way to get air circulation in there. . .I would also grab a digital thermometer. . . I have one that cost me about 30 bucks. . . tells me humidity, temp, and a daily min/max of both, and uses a remote sensor. Set that up in there for now and see what conditions your dealing with.. . :peace:

Bagz

well, julianne, did you need to transplant yours? because i have a bunch of 5 gallon pickle buckets from when i worked at Burger King hell.

I have always planted directly into 5-gal bucket because I want things VERY simple. Any buckets would work but they have to have drainage holes. You can drill or use nail and rock to punch holes. You should have your buckets full of soil mix and lights already set up down in the room. The night before planting I put the seeds (I use 3 seeds per bucket) in a little bowl and cover them with hot water. The next day I take them down to the buckets and pluck the seeds one by one with tweezers and stick them about 1/2 inch down in the soil and cover them up. Gently water. Well, everything you need to know from then on you can find on the gro threads. Stay with the simplest things at first.

Back
Top Bottom