12 Week Hydro Kush, Chemdawg Mix

ok guys, i have a problem; Spider Mites!

Spider_Mite_01.jpgSpider_Mite_02.jpgSpider_Mite_03.jpgSpider_Mite_04.jpgSpider_Mite_04a.jpgSpider_Mite_05.jpg

just saw the webs last night, freaked out and pulled alot of the web covered leaves, right to the outdoor freezer with them.

came here and read up on the solution(s).

one is a mixture of Neem and soap in water, sprayed on the plants, concentrating on the bottom of the leaves where the baddies live. do it at the end of the light cycle so the light does not burn the leaves.
hit them with a few drops of both in my water spray bottle. just at the end of their "day" 7:00 AM.
Glad i had both, for non plant related reasons
:p
Spider_Mite_06.jpgany one know if this is stuff is OK to use? and suggestions on the amounts of both?

lots of folks happy to catch this in veg stage, not the current veg state that i enjoy.

what to do?

i will head to the shop today and get some Azamax or Hot Shot Strips, whatever they have.

Bomb the house? Nuke it from orbit?

wish me luck please, and please fire along any suggestions you may have.

thanks in advance,

ian

Damn man! So sorry for this unforeseen circumstances!!

Click here for more information.

Sorry it took me so long to check out your journal... I’ve been working late all week, and barely enough time to sleep at night!

come to my Backlip is backjournal if you need me again. That or pm would be the quickest way to get a hold of me :thumb:

yes, i have been using the stuff for a few grows now (all of them, btw). pretty happy.
my guy at garden 365 in Midland is helping me with some more advanced items, as i grow my experience and knowledge.

pretty poor showing the last one, got bugs and things got ugly.

prepping for a write up for here and my next crop, which i put most on the table today, hopefully the remainder today or tomorrow.

yes, i have been using the stuff for a few grows now (all of them, btw). pretty happy.
my guy at garden 365 in Midland is helping me with some more advanced items, as i grow my experience and knowledge.

pretty poor showing the last one, got bugs and things got ugly.

prepping for a write up for here and my next crop, which i put most on the table today, hopefully the remainder today or tomorrow.

I will be doing a green planet and MC comparison somewhere down the road. GP has been really good to my 2 autos thus far. My other auto in MC is doing well too. I would say both are great lines

Ps: hope you got rid of your bug problem and everything else is progressing forward!

Hardware setup, supplies and nutrients:

Tent is 60 x 36
Table is 24 x 48
Growth Medium - Clay Granulate 50L
Nutrients - Green Planet *4 Part Nutrient System* Recirculating*
- Massive
- Terpinator
- Rezin
- Vitathrive
- Liquid Weight
- Hydro FUEL GROW A & B
- Hydro FUEL BLOOM A & B
- Green-Up (Not Green Planet)
System Cleaner – Enzymes Komplete Natural Cleaner
Light Ballast – LUMA 1000 Watt Dimmable
Light Grow – LUMA MH1000W TT76 6K
Light Bloom – LU1000W/ET75/HO
Air Filter – 4" Active carbon filter
Feed Pump – Bomba800
Air Pump – Active AQUA single port pump

5 Strains, 6 Plants:

Bubba Kush
Master Kush
Violator Kush
Mastac (X2) (not really sure what my buddy wrote for the name of these two, will follow up if possible.)
Chemdawg
New Clones.jpg

Summary:

My third crop, all pure hydro.
1000 Metal Halide in a 5 X 3 tent.
Green Planet 4-part nutrients in a recirculating system.
Clone to harvest 12 weeks Approx.

Nov 17th, 2 days on 12/12 cycle
Babies_Nov_17th.jpg

Full Story and timelines.

Clones added to the table Wednesday Oct 30th, 2019
Flipped the light Friday Nov 15th, 2019.

I have nutrients by Green Planet, my shop guy swears by the brand and my first two crops went super well so I am keeping with the program.

I follow the nutrient chart to determine the amount of each to add to the water. Water gets pHed (as best as I can. Love some help there over time.) I have a Rubber Maid tote to hold the 20 – 25 liters of water. I pump out the reservoir, clean everything with hot soapy water each week, and add a new batch of food.

As the week progresses, I maintain the water level in the reservoir maybe adding 10 liters each couple days, as required.

I feed twice a day, the feed pump runs for two minutes and fills the table, it takes a couple more minutes to drain back into the tank. 5:15 AM and 7:30 PM

When I ran my first crop, I used a big reservoir, far bigger than required, second crop I used a smaller container that was clear, big mistake, UV light promotes algae growth. Back to a smaller solid blue Rubbermaid container. Small opening in the lid, covered with a duct tape sunblock.

I ran my light 18/6 for 16 days. Startup at 1:00 PM, off 7:00 AM. I swapped the bulb and changed the timer for the 12/12 bloom cycle, the light now starts at 7:00 PM, off 7:00 AM, to take advantage of cheaper hydro. Plus, I discharge the heated air into the basement when it is not hot outside, help heat the place, keeps the basement toasty all night for any smoke breaks!

Green Planet nutrients
Food_1.jpg

Food_2.jpg

Chart
Food_2a.jpg

air filter, not currently hooked up. only when they smell
Air_Filter.jpg

Lights & ballast
Lights.jpg

Personal info:

Canadian
Grew a few crops many years ago and had to stop due to my living environment. started again last year with a big purchase of a tent, lights, bed and clay balls, pumps etc...
on my third crop, first two went super, total impressed myself and the few that got to see.
hoping to learn more and get even better, learn how to make and grow my own clones and mother plants.
Good student, follow the protocols to a tee... military training, plus my dad...
First crop was 4 clones and 3 seeds. there were two northern lights, one blueberry and an unknown (missed the name) . the seeds came from dubbage that I got over the years. they all looked great and smoke really well.
the second crop was 4 blueberry plants. all super producers, haven't really started to smoke it yet, still curing it, about the 12 week point. does smoke nice and smooth thou.
not really knowing what I am doing I am taking the crops down too soon, got a 30/60X magnifying glass right at the end of the second crop and just learning how to use it.
seems there is some time between the two cycles that I was not accounting for and they were not ready after 8 weeks of veg.

big reason why I am here, ask for help from folks with far more experience than I.

more pictures soon, crop 1 & 2

totally love any question, suggestions, tips and encouragement.

thanks everyone
I am going to catch up on journal . :420::green_heart::ganjamon:

Crop 3 update. been a long time coming. i do hope my struggles help others.

harvested on Jan 25th. never did weigh the stuff, must must have been half pound (in my dreams anyways).

Never did get rid of the bugs. soooo much research, decided to suck it up and smoke them.
after two rounds of triple washing them.

not my most proudest achievement, by any stretch of the imagination.

learned a ton thou.
discovered that i need to manage the humidity. this crop was stunted by the lack, and the mites loved it, double whammy!

a lesson that i never really grasped until my latest crop of clippings were on the table for almost two weeks.
i had those little packets of predator mites all over and still INFESTED! boo!

clued in it was a humidity as i was (much) below the recommended 60%.

installed a $75, Canadian Tire, disposal humidifier and magic happened!

my plants doubled in size in a couple days and the predators started to feast!

i am going to start a new journal for that. will update again as i get a chance.
i have uploaded a couple vids to youtube...

How your plants looking?

Just havested my 2 autos using Green planet 3 part...lots of foxtailing...wondering if you are experiencing this. Ive heard massive is the 'culprit'

will have to research the term, not familiar with it.
Crop 3 update. been a long time coming. i do hope my struggles help others.

harvested on Jan 25th. never did weigh the stuff, must must have been half pound (in my dreams anyways).

Never did get rid of the bugs. soooo much research, decided to suck it up and smoke them.
after two rounds of triple washing them.

not my most proudest achievement, by any stretch of the imagination.

learned a ton thou.
discovered that i need to manage the humidity. this crop was stunted by the lack, and the mites loved it, double whammy!

a lesson that i never really grasped until my latest crop of clippings were on the table for almost two weeks.
i had those little packets of predator mites all over and still INFESTED! boo!

clued in it was a humidity as i was (much) below the recommended 60%.

installed a $75, Canadian Tire, disposal humidifier and magic happened!

my plants doubled in size in a couple days and the predators started to feast!

i am going to start a new journal for that. will update again as i get a chance.
i have uploaded a couple vids to youtube...

on top dry air and mites, i got sick and some how managed to leave my light for 5 days strait. bad...
got some new growth on the girls and helped the yield suffer nicely.

Cool bro remember to tag a mod to close thread so it doesn't end up abandoned.
. Already reading new thread Intro.

Back
Top Bottom