1200w/1800w LED Light Burn, Distances, and Light Specs.

If your seedlings are stretching too much, just move them closer to the light. That will help them grow more compact with tighter internodal spacing.
Right, but I was assuming having them at the 12" we had them at before was causing the tip burning, cupping, and bleaching. I just increased the height from 12" to 18" 4 days ago, but was going to move it closer in the short future. May also end up trellis netting this, but the netting we have is crappy lightweight string type pre-made. I have had good results making my own with plastic coated wire in the past.

The only issue we were going to have is the water removal during flower, and if we did trellis. However, I heard of someone using a shop vac, and we have one of those. I would have preferred my auto-drain design.

We have some GeneralHydroponics FloraNova Bloom and Grow, but they are a couple of years old. The ratios are still not what I'd expect to see, but I've heard some good things. Someone told me, and research somewhat confirmed, that nutrients do go bad after 6mo-2yrs.
I'm using the GH Maxi Bloom but I add Silica & Nitrogen to it. Not using the Maxi-Gro at all. Just the Bloom all through the grow.

If you want simple and very effective nutes that work with most non-hydro mixes, Geoflora nutes are something you should consider.

Couple those with a SIP bucket, a decent light and extraction fan set-up and that's pretty much all you'll need.

Applying the Geoflora is as simple as topdressing every two weeks or so.
But then it's not a TRUE SIP GROW. Not if you have to Top Water.... Ever. JMO

I'm sorry to hear about that. I am praying for the best on this one.

The financer of this project would likely spend that type of money, if they wanted to, but they're stuck in their ways.

They've been just putting clones under an HPS and never switching it, leaving it on 24-hrs, growing plants that are too tall for the room and sparse, don't spend any time researching beyond asking for a recommendation at the grow store, and think they grow the best shit around. They don't cure, and their buds are usually crispy/dry, kind of fluffy/sparse, and don't really get me high (I smoke dabs daily now for years). I can get better weed at the dispo for less overall smoking all year.

So, I'm trying to work with them. They wanted to lower the energy bill on this one. So, we decided to try this.
I have grown outdoor plants I swear netted a LB or more, but I never weighed it up (another project for another financer). The only issue is the growing time.

20170922_155648.jpg

20171028_145735.jpg

20171028_150659.jpg

20160803_184548.jpg
Those plants all look really good.

Back
Top Bottom