1200W LED or 600W LED

Hebrewdiver

which one would be better? A 1200w led with 120 10w leds pulling 264 actual watts or a 600w led 120 5w leds pulling 260 actual watts? Units have the same basic dimensions. The 1200w cost about 20 dollars more and are from same manufacture. The bulbs appear to be the only different. Max tent size 36x36x80 min tent size 32x32x63. max number of plants per tent 2.

264W won't do it for you. 310 from one of the Chinese manufacturers is barely enough for a 2' x 4' tent.

Given the two choices, go with the 10w LEDs. Check the light output from both to see if they are comparable.

Out of the two, the 10w chips are better. However, it's probably pulling under 5w. LED can be very misleading, because people see 1200w with a $200 price tag. More bang for the buck right? Nope. I'd suggest, set that option to the side for a moment, and do a little more research. There are plenty of affordable options , but you have to "reword" your google search. If you immediately see a super great deal, it's probably not, it's just been pushed to the top of the search results from soooo many views or the company selling it has paid to get it there. Dig a little deeper, by using terms like: LED grow, LED cannabis grow journal, LED comparison/ shootout, etc.

When you FINALLY find something that looks decent, search for that model in a youtube video, or better yet, see if it's here in a Grow Journal. Find actual user feedback, and see the results, before spending the money. My LED research led me to this forum, and I found other growers using the product. That sealed the deal for me. Goodluck!

Looks like the two lights all have 120pcs leds, please don't trust there is some cheap real 10w led grow lights; if they sue the real 10w led grow chip, price won't be that cheap. So actually either light you choose, might cover the same space might be less for your gow tent. You will need around 320w~400w real wattage light. Hope this is helpful. :Namaste:

Thanks for all the replies my searches have brought me to another consideration a 900w bloomspect led with a avg. watt output of 390 +\-3% full spectrum no ir or uv. How does this sound? Priced 20$ over the 600w and 20$ below the 1200w both the 600and 1200 have 260w actual output.

If you're running high wattage why not an HPS? Or a 315 CMH? Most LED's are no more efficient. Check foot print of light and Light output for wattage used.

Back
Top Bottom