1200w Multistrain DWC Grow

bobulak

Hello my fellow marijuana lovers. This will be my second go at a journal. I'm growing 4 different strains this time around and may use them as moms for my 25 site areo when its finished. All depends on time and money.

So here we go.

Equipment and nutes:

2 x 600 watt cool tubes
6 inch 400 cfm fan ( will be replacing this with 10 inch 1030 cfm soon. 6 inch not enuf )
4 x 5 gallon buckets
4.5 x 4.5 x 6.5 grow tent
1 6 inch and 1 12 inch fan in tent
carbon filter (not hooked up yet)
4 air pumps from 5 to 20 watts for O2
Wild thing A, B, M, liquid rock & Boom Bloom (for flower). Local brand and works great.
H2O2
hydrotron and rock-wool
Ph meter, tds pen, etc etc

Strains

Barneys Vanilla Kush Feminised Cannabis Seeds Info

Vanilla Kush is the winner of the prestigious 2009 Cannabis Cup.
This is one of the most powerful strains ever offered by Barneys Farm, it has a beautiful aroma and a great body to the smoke. The powerful citrus aroma is combined with a wild vanilla and lavender aroma which when smoked becomes more intense, a truly wonderful flavor, which in turn gives a prolonged and complete mind and body chillout.

Barneys Vanilla Kush Feminized Seeds Specs

Type Indica Dominant
Yield 600 gr x m2
Height 65 cm
Flowering Time 9 weeks
THC 22%
CBD 1.2%

IMG001134.JPG

Bomb THC Bomb Feminized Cannabis Seeds Info

THC Bomb has created rave reviews around the world. This unique mixture of giant, rock-hard buds with explosive THC levels make it one for commercial growers and connoisseurs alike. Like Big Bud, the harvest will be massive coupled with the power and strength of white strains. THC Bomb has very high levels of THC, well over 20% when grown under optimum conditions. The plant grows with extreme vigour and strength while staying relatively short and finishing very fast for such a large yielder. Outdoors THC Bomb can produce well over 1kg per plant. When ready to harvest the plant will literally be covered in frosty white trichromes. THC Bomb was developed to be something special delivering on every level: yield, strength, taste and speed!

Bomb THC Bomb Feminized Seeds Specs

Type: Indica/Sativa Mix
Plant Height: Short (65-90cm)
Indoor Flowering: 7-9 Weeks
THC: Very High (20-25%)
Yield: Very High (550-650g/m²)

IMG001144.JPG

Royal Queen Fruit Spirit Feminized Cannabis Seeds Info

Citric, Sweet & Smooth

Royal Queen Fruit Spirit Feminized Seeds Specs

Height 50-60cm
Effect High
THC +/- 20%
Harvest Time 8 Weeks (from flower cycle)
Yield +/- 400-450g

IMG001155.JPG

The Purps Feminized

The Purps is one of the most popular strains and produces high level of THC. The buzz is uplifting and a smooth taste. Growers can expect heavy yield and hard crystal covered buds. The Purps is a wonderful selection for the beginner or experienced grower.

FLOWERING TIME: 8-9 weeks.

IMG001123.JPG

All of the above plants were started from seed 48 days ago. The Purps seed was from a previous grow where one of my plants hermied. I figured what the hell. It looks very healthy so far. The Vanilla Kush,THC Bomb and Fruit spirit were purchased from Herbies.

Light cycle - Only running 1 600 watt MH light for 18 hours on and 6 off right now. Have to get the 10 inch fan. Temps reach over 32C when both lights are on.
Water Temp - 20.2C
Air Temp - 23.9C
ppm - running at approx 350 in each bucket right now
Ph - I try to keep them all at about 5.8

All 4 plants had a slow start. I have read that you shouldn't use nutes for the first few weeks. It seemed that they weren't growing at all at 1st so i added a little nutrients to my water and soaked the rockwool with the solution. In a matter of 2 days they took off. Everything is going very smoothly now.

Any advice would be appreciated or just stop by to say hi.
:peace::peace:

:morenutes: Journal Update

My plants are beginning to take off. Will post updated pics later today.. Must attend to economic slavery 1st :thedoubletake:

btw need topping/fimming advice if anybody has any

Well my plants are looking happy and healthy so far

Fruit Spirit - 298 ppm, 6.1 ph
Vanilla Kush - 322 ppm, 6.2 ph
The Purps - 287 ppm, 6.1 ph
THCBomb - 314 ppm, 6.3 ph

Air temp = 26.6C
Water Temp = 21.4C

The ladies are starting to eat finally. The ph on all four buckets was a little high so i brought them all down to 5.5. I will be doing a water change this weekend. Probably should have done it last weekend but work got in the way. Roots are looking great. Will post pics next time.

Updated pics:

Vanilla Kush

vanilla2.JPG

Fruit spirit

fruitspirit.JPG

THC Bomb

thcbomb.JPG

The Purps

thepurps.JPG

all 4

IMG001164.JPG

Top down Vanilla Kush. Branching out everywhere

vk44.JPG

Will post again after water change

I am a newbie myself first hydro using DWC. i have a hps/mh combo that ranges from 1000watt to 500watt. I want the branchs closer together, it's not stretching. The 2 look very well in my opinion but yours have mine by far. Do you have any tips? how far away from top of plant is your light?
P_1week_2.JPG

It is about 18 days from dome from seed.

Thank You i am even more involved in growthand all that goes with. Keep up good work!

hi
IneedTHISplz

Thanks for popping by. When looking at my plants you have to keep in mind that they are much further along than yours are. They were grown from seed too but seemed to stop developing for a week or so due to lack of nutes. I cant tell but are ur plants under hps? If so put them under Mh and hps for flower. Ph should be anywhere from 5.5 - 6.0 or so. What are you feeding your plants? Do you have a ph and tds meter? The more bubbles in the water the better but try to get air stones that produce fine bubbles.
What color are the leaves? My lights are about 24 inches away from the tops of my plants. You could try topping or fimming to get ur plants to branch out more. Do you know the strains?

When I need detailed info I go here

How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

Its a great source of information for growing weed anyway you want to.

Dwc is imo the easiest way to grow once you have everything dialed in just right. Ive had 3 successful grows using the dwc method and I couldn't be happier. Ill never go back to soil again unless i get a chance to do an outdoor grow someday.

Thanks for stopping by
:ciao::hippy:

Thanks for advice, I agree 100% dwc is GREAT. I tried soil w/NO success but i also did not know anything, testing ph, nutes., temps, humidity. Now with this dwc setup I am doing rather well imo. after posting as i went to bed they had grown at least 1/2"

Strain: came from a bag of IDK what, not sure strain type
lighting: 4ft t12 flor. the first few weeks (this includes dome time)
and the big boy cvame in a bundle PowerBundle1000 reading the box know it says "Dual Arc Bulb" i was sold b/c shop said it is - both HPS/MH WITH BALLAST THAT ADJUST FROM UNDER 500-UP TO 1000watts settings are under 500-500-750-1000-overdrive
they were under both for a week after trans. flourescent and HPS/MH (4ft above)
Nutes.- i bought a mini combo pack from General Hydro
Humidity- bought a humidifdier yesterday, huge difference

honestly i feel i have read so much i could teach a class on it. i have to put it to action. as i go i grow supllies and all. You said topping them, i planned on topping this weekend. i have water change and add nutes. My leafs are almost dark green colored. very lively growing upward leafs
When do I top them before or after water/nut change?

thanks for info it has helped tremendously.... my fiance and i both thank u

Welcome Bassman59

Glad you can tag along.

hi
IneedTHISplz

Ive topped my plants both just before and just after a water change. I never noticed any ill effects. And no problem with the advice. Thats what this place is all about.

Well one of my 600w ballasts went tits up today. I went to test it and it just plain wont work. So I ordered a new one and it should be here within 4 days. Its a 600 watt dimmable so Im going to play with the wattage and see if I can keep my temps inline. If not ill upgrade too the 8 or 10 inch fan. Im running a 6 inch 400 cfm fan now and it works well with one 600w cooltube but not well at all with both running.

All 4 of my plants are growing excellently now. I topped/fimmed the thcbomb, purps and fruit spirit but I didst bother with the vanilla kush. Shes just growing like a little bush so their wasn't any need yet. Im going to do a solution change tomorrow after work and Ill post updated pics then. So far this grow is going very nicely.

:morenutes:Journal Update

1st Welcome iSmokes :welcome:

It was water change day today. Ill have to pay a little more attention to the water and change it once a week no mater what. It was a little cloudy in all 4 buckets.

Air Temp = 24C
Water temp = 19C ( Solution change today)
Humidity = 27%

Vanilla Kush - ppm 385, ph 5.3
Thcbomb - ppm 355, ph 5.3
Fruit Spirit - ppm 355, ph 5.2
Purps - ppm 350, ph 5.2

I also added about 8 ml of H2O2 to each bucket. I let each bucket sit for about an hour before I put the plant back. I haven't been able to keep my temps where id like them so its for prevention and to add a little o2 to the water. They all seem to be doing fine after the topping. And the vanilla kush plant is really cool. It grows like a little bush. I haven't done a thing to it other than change her water and add nutes. Does anyone know if this is normal for this strain?

I also raised the nute level for all my plants from last water change level. My humidity is low but I spray my plants daily during veg. I also set my ph a little lower than I normally do. I did this because there always seems to be a spike in ph after I change the water. Dunno why.

Updated pics

Vanilla Kush

vanilla_kush3.JPG

Vanilla Kush again. :;):

vankush.JPG

Purps

purps6.JPG

Fruit Spirit

fruit_spirit.JPG

ThcBomb

thcbomb1.JPG

Anyway my plants are looking great. Ill do another update when the new ballast arrives

:morenutes:Journal Update

Bad news is my news ballast hasn't arrived yet. Really looking forward to adding the extra light. Ive added a bit more Nitrogen and Calcium to my VK and my thcb buckets. They both have leaves that are showing signs of the N and Ca deficiency. At least according to the how to page on this site. So I added 5 ml of my B nute to each bucket. B seems to have the most of the above elements in its solution. Ill post pics again when I add the new light.

Well I received the new ballast yesterday and it works great. Im running it at 50% for a total 900w between both ballasts. All 4 of my plants are showing signs of nute deficiency. Ive narrowed it down to N and Ca and have taken steps to add more of both elements to my buckets. My camera is at work so no pics till the weekend. With the addition of the new ballast I will be upping the nutes a bit more for the water change this weekend. Ill post new pics then.

:morenutes: Journal update

Hi all

Water change day today.

vKush = 650 ppm, ph 5.5
hc Bomb = 655 ppm, ph 5.4
Fruit spirit = 670 ppm, 5.6 ph
The Purps = 663 ppm, 5.6 ph

I also added the h2o2 to all 4 buckets for both prevention and the o2.

After adding the extra nutes to the buckets the deficiency probs i was facing earlier seem to have disappeared but I will keep a close eye on them. Ive pruned most of the dead or dying leaves and the plants tolerated the process well. Over the past few days (since the nute increase) there has been quite a bit of growth. Of all the plants the Fruit Spirit seems to be the one growing the most.

Updated pics:

vKush

vkush1.JPG

Thcbomb

tchbomb.JPG

Fruit Spirit

fruitspirit1.JPG

The Purps

dapurps.JPG

Ill be keeping the new ballast at 50% until I find a cheap solution to my temp issues. Im really glad I got the new ballast. It was cheap and it works great.

Merry Christmas Everyone :blunt:

Welcome to both greenthumbesg & jon705. Im glad you both have decided to tag along.

Green, i cant connect to your journal because its not a link but I think you can get a pretty decent grow with cfls. I use them for my seedlings until they are ready to veg. That being said your harvest would greatly improve with hid lights. With cfls you should use multiple lights. Thats the way i did it when i used cfls to veg with. I had somewhere around 15 individual 23w (100w equivalent ) 6500k cfls growing 3 plants. It worked well. Btw my plants are at about week 5 of veg. 3 weeks or so and ill flower.

Jon705, Im Canadian as well. :cheesygrinsmiley: Glad you stopped by. Lst hey, Ive never tried it to be honest. I just got off work but i think ill take a look at your journal later. I would like them all to be as bushy as Mrs. Kushy but i usually only top or fim. Mrs. Kushy has grown like that all on here own. I haven't done a thing to her. Im researching to find out if this is how it naturally grows but I haven't seen anything about it yet. Makes me wonder if Im going to get alot of small popcorn buds rather than nice big colas. We'll see.

Anyway thanks for stopping by and fix ur link please Green. Id like to check ur grow out.

Merry Christmas

Water change day today:

Thc Bomb -> 5.3 ph, 980 ppm
Fruit Spirit -> 5.3 ph, 990 ppm
Vanilla Kush -> 5.3 ph, 970 ppm
The Purps - > 5.2 ph, 984 ppm

Humidity - 27.6
Water temp before change - 23.2C
Water temp after change - 19C

Well the Ganja gods have been good to me :). The Fruit Spirit is 100% a female. I was looking closely at her today and she's starting to show. She is also growing very very well. She is at least 4 inches taller than my other plants. My plan is to let them veg some more but if the fruit spirit keeps growing like this I may up the time table. Definitely at least 7 more days of veg for sure. The root systems on the other 3 plants are not nearly as developed as the FS. But they look healthy and all the plants are showing no signs of any deficiency. This so far has been a fun and challenging grow from the start. Im really looking forward to seeing how these plants flower :grinjoint:

Updated pics:

Vanilla Kush

vkushie.JPG

The Purps

purps7.JPG

Fruit Spirit

fruit5.JPG

THCBomb

bomb.JPG

All 4

all45.JPG

Ive also upped the nutes again. at about 85% now.

Merry Christmas everyone

Welcome to both greenthumbesg & jon705. Im glad you both have decided to tag along.

Green, i cant connect to your journal because its not a link but I think you can get a pretty decent grow with cfls. I use them for my seedlings until they are ready to veg. That being said your harvest would greatly improve with hid lights. With cfls you should use multiple lights. Thats the way i did it when i used cfls to veg with. I had somewhere around 15 individual 23w (100w equivalent ) 6500k cfls growing 3 plants. It worked well. Btw my plants are at about week 5 of veg. 3 weeks or so and ill flower.

Jon705, Im Canadian as well. :cheesygrinsmiley: Glad you stopped by. Lst hey, Ive never tried it to be honest. I just got off work but i think ill take a look at your journal later. I would like them all to be as bushy as Mrs. Kushy but i usually only top or fim. Mrs. Kushy has grown like that all on here own. I haven't done a thing to her. Im researching to find out if this is how it naturally grows but I haven't seen anything about it yet. Makes me wonder if Im going to get alot of small popcorn buds rather than nice big colas. We'll see.

Anyway thanks for stopping by and fix ur link please Green. Id like to check ur grow out.

Merry Christmas

Thanks a bunch i had an issue with temps thats why i chose the cfls im gonna check out some HID's for the future and fix my link so you can check out my grow thanks a bunch. Happy Holidays to Everyone:bravo:

i am curious, i have same dwc set up. what size res? what size net pots and also bucket size? i have 5-5gallon buckets... i added drip atop jet spray for roots and multipule aairstones. GOOD, BAD, WHAT YOIU THINK?
THANKS HAPPY HOLIDAY

Back
Top Bottom