14/12?

rb46uk

I am mid-experienced and quite up on technical side. Just lately I have been wondering. Could I extend my day to 26 hours or more? I need the 12 hours of dark to keep in flower, but could I add a couple of hours of light to speed up my flower period a little? Has anyone ever tried this?

I thought it was the 12 dark that was key, giving 12 hrs for the flower hormone to build up to trigger level. Just 10 min of light during this 12 will break down this hormone and revert to veg? So, was thinking, surely if it is the 12 dark that is the key to it all, wouldn't do any harm to add a couple of light? I'm not suggesting a 10d/14l as understand the problem with this but by maintaining the 12dark, will it really harm to have 14 light? After all, it is maintaining the 12 dark that causes flower, not restricting to 12 light? I'm talking about a 26hr day. Does this make ANY sense?

I'd say going 14d/10l for first couple of weeks is a safe idea to get it right in. As I understand, it's about hitting that trigger point every dark period without interrupt. Different strains have some variation and are not all strict 12/12. I have got away with 12.5l/11.5d before, once it was a couple weeks into flower, but didn't want to push it further. As I say, depends on the strain. I am in 12/12 now and not gonna mess with it as 4 strains in 1 grow. I'm definitely gonna give this a try with 1 in isolation next time round, was hoping someone might have tried this before and could save me some time experimenting. Doing some calculator work, adding 2 hrs a day could take an 8 week flower down to 7 weeks. Not sure it's worth it without automatic switching, no such thing as a 26 hour timer! Of course, it would mean dark period would start 2 hours later every day so plenty of hassle but I don't sleep regular hours anyway so I'm up for it :)

Back
Top Bottom