420 Magazine Background

150w HPS Closet Grow, early topping

beensmokin420

:allgood: I'm growing some great bag seed in my 6ft high x 4ft wide x 3ft deep (approx. probably bigger) closet. I'm using some cheap soil from wal-mart, it's called Expert Gardener i think? My light is a single 150w HPS. Here's a pic at 4 weeks, I tried something different this time, I guess, by topping it when it was about 2 inches tall and had only two sets of leaves, i'm an amateur grower so i'm not sure if I FIMed it or Topped it. Anyway heres the pic...

If you see anything wrong let me know.

More pics coming soon!!!

fallen

i think it looks good but i think you should've waited at least another week or two before flowering.. unless you have a space issue.

also, no light leaks on the 12 dark right?

beensmokin420

No light leaks at the moment thanks.

As far as space goes I have plenty, 4' wide x 2' deep x 6-7' high, i'm just playing with this one til my white rhino seeds get here:3: . I really was trying to learn how to top a plant successfully with this one because its just some schwag or bagseed.

Do you think I topped it or FIMed it? It just looks like there are 4 colas forming which would mean I FIMed it, where as if I would have topped it, I would've only had 2 colas???? If i'm right let me know please otherwise correct me, thanks

greenmonkey

your plant is lookin pretty good, only thing is you should have waited a little bit longer till you cut her. if i top them i wait until theyre about a month or a foot tall. ive been growing for about 4 and reading for nearly 6 and i still have no idea what the difference between fimming and topping is, they do the same thing. i think what you did was tomming

fallen

FIMming - 'Fuck i missed' - cutting the top part of the plant, but getting only 80% of it, the extra 20% grows more than 2 flowers from it.

TOPping - cutting the ENTIRE top little nub of the plant.

2 flowers grow from it

beensmokin420

FIMming - 'Fuck i missed' - cutting the top part of the plant, but getting only 80% of it, the extra 20% grows more than 2 flowers from it.

TOPping - cutting the ENTIRE top little nub of the plant.

2 flowers grow from it

Yup I know thanks :3:

So which one does it look like I did?

RooRman

I don't think you should have tried any techniques on the plant until it was a bit older. Usually topping (or FIM for that matter) is done above the sixth node on the plant.

However, all is not lost. This plant looks green and healthy.

beensmokin420

I don't think you should have tried any techniques on the plant until it was a bit older. Usually topping (or FIM for that matter) is done above the sixth node on the plant.

However, all is not lost. This plant looks green and healthy.

I know, I know, I know. Damn people i'm just playing with this one and I clearly see that it has stunted my plant like hell, I figured it would, i'm just playing with this one till my real seeds get here. So lets just realax and enjoy the show and forget what I should have done b/c obviously its to late for that, I will definetly wait much longer till I top next time. :3: Thanks for all the input so far, keep it coming.

fallen

she's been vegging for a month so far?

i'd throw her into flowering soon, latest in liike.. 2 weeks, quickest.. idk i'm impatient i'd do it in like.. now - 1 week.

it'll get like.. triple-sized in flowering

beensmokin420

she's been vegging for a month so far?

i'd throw her into flowering soon, latest in liike.. 2 weeks, quickest.. idk i'm impatient i'd do it in like.. now - 1 week.

it'll get like.. triple-sized in flowering

LOL, I'm already flowering :laugh2: I vegged it for about 2 weeks under the fluoros and then I put the 150w HPS on her. So its been flowering for exactly 2 weeks and 3 days today. I'ma get some pics up in a few days or so maybe sooner :3:

beensmokin420

Well peeps I have bad news, its a fudgin male so I had to kill it :32:

Good news though I set up a new VEG room, just a lil cabinet w/ a 42w fluro in it, and I already have 2 new seedlings sprouted and ready for transplant soon. I'll prolly make a new thread and delete this one, dunno yet.

:peace::peace::allgood::peace::peace:

Top Bottom