150w HPS vs 350w LED

That one's pretty obvious, lol. A 350-watt LED uses over twice the wattage AND should be more efficient.

There's a 350-watt LED here (counting the little UVB fluorescent tube running down the middle of the panel) that blows away a 150-watt HPS. See posts #112 and #113 of this thread:
Amare Technologies: Questions, Answers & Results

Of course, unlike a 150-watt HPS, you can't pick one up for $69 on Amazon.

actually surprised TS even posted that to be honest.

Oh, genetics, Air temp, Humidity, PH, Soil medium, nutes, grow space, all matter in yield.

Yeah but the question is really just focussed on the yield potential of the lights, which seems acceptable. For other reasons it's not the clearest question, because there are so many different LEDs. And because we don't know if he's talking actual watts or pretend watts.
But I assume he's looking for some sort of 'general answer' on which would be better.
The answer is.... 42 ?
I'm pretty sure we don't know quite what the question is yet.
It depends....

That one's pretty obvious, lol. A 350-watt LED uses over twice the wattage AND should be more efficient.

There's a 350-watt LED here (counting the little UVB fluorescent tube running down the middle of the panel) that blows away a 150-watt HPS. See posts #112 and #113 of this thread:
Amare Technologies: Questions, Answers & Results

Of course, unlike a 150-watt HPS, you can't pick one up for $69 on Amazon.
Depends in the actual wattage the led draws from the wall. It may say 350 but might only pull 150 or even less.

Can't read a graph!!???![

WTF?!!!! Why argue when the graph shows directly the Actual results of the Actual Tests. Like those things they do in Labs, ya know.???

Man....you guys. Why even bothering growing?????
I'm sad
Saddened by this.
:(

Depends in the actual wattage the led draws from the wall. It may say 350 but might only pull 150 or even less.

He asked about a 350-watt one. I don't care what some lying POS marketing con artist wants to call a 75-watt light so they can sell more of them to the rubes, lol, it's still only a 75-watt light. If someone asks me if it's going to hurt if they get hit by a rubber band and I tell them, "No," it aint my fault if they actually meant train :rofl:.

<SHRUGS> I gave an example of one.

full

Hey that reminds me - don't go eat dinner with the family when you're seeing cartoon people. No, wait...

WTF?!!!! Why argue when the graph shows directly the Actual results of the Actual Tests. Like those things they do in Labs, ya know.???

Here are a couple of charts from the LED panel I mentioned previously. It's... If I remember correctly, it was already being sold in (early?) 2015. I'm assuming that one could get more performance out of a 350-watt panel three years later. But as you can clearly see, it blows away a 150-watt high pressure sodium.

View media item 1217253
View media item 1217228
And, as someone just reminded me ( ;) ), 300 watts' worth of QB288s would likely scuttle the above LED panel.

Man....you guys. Why even bothering growing?????

I'm not; stopped before I got out of high school.

I'm sad
Saddened by this.

ME, TOO! I had hoped to hit 6'6" before I stopped. That would have made it far less likely to bump my chin into random chicks' skulls when I drunkenly hugged them. <SIGH> Instead, I had to quit drinking. <SHAKES FIST> Stupid normal-height genes!

im to high ur to technical just type what ones is more powerful man im to high for all that reading

Everyone wants something that'll fit onto the back of a matchbook these days.

TL; DR: The one that cost more.

2 diffrent setups what ones better for the flowering plants in soil

Back
Top Bottom