150W MH vs 150W Cfls

420Josh

Would you get better results with 150W of cfl light or MH light?
I don't mean a single 150W cfl, I mean Cfl's that add up to 150W

And my grow space is 1' by 1', and 2.5' high, Could I use a 150W MH in there or would the heat be too much?
Right now I use Cfl's in there

I would go with the 150 watt HID. As far as HPS vs MH I personally use MH in a 7200k. You can get a Plantmax bulb if you shop around for under 15 dollars. I have used HPS conversions bulbs with my MH ballast on occasion.

I would go with the 150 watt HID. As far as HPS vs MH I personally use MH in a 7200k. You can get a Plantmax bulb if you shop around for under 15 dollars. I have used HPS conversions bulbs with my MH ballast on occasion.

Which bulb would get hotter?
I went to the electrical store and the dude said he can get me a 150MH producing 13000 lumens or a 150W HPS producing 17000 Lumens..
I heard that MH bulbs can grow more potent herb than HPS

I've always built up more heat with HID, HPS or MH watt for watt than from CFLs. If heat is a problem, then in my experience CFLs are the least hot. If heat isn't a problem, MH, HPS, and HID seem to produce a very nice plants in that order for me. But all will successfully grow healthy plants, the distance from bulb being a VERY critical factor. Just my experience, I'm sure others may have different experiences.

I have a seedling that's under Cfl's 4x35W and it stunted, because It's growing in bad soil but I wish it were taller, it's about 1 inch tall and is on it's 3rd set of true leaves, should I perhaps move it further away from the light?
Umm and it's first set of true leaves are nute burnt, It's roots are unhappy but besides how sad it is, why is it that the leaves are growing so close together?
And is it bad that they are so compact?
I'm trying to get the right set up for my next grow, with some good soil of course
Copy_of_DSCN1007.JPG

Hmmm ... clear glass gives direct light to the roots, almost all plants do not like direct light on the root zone. Soil ... well a few bucks would solve that iron rust looking dirt problem, and I'd bet your PH is whacked. Nutes are almost useless until you get the soil and PH in a good zone.

Yeah I'm not using any nutes, the soil is "hard soil"
Surely the pH is wrong
I transplanted it to a opaque container so... well maybe she'll make it to flowering one day|
Anyways thanks for replying :thumb:

The dirt is stunting the growth of your plant. As a rapid, first aid solution, I would recommend that you place it into a hydroponic pot, at least until it recovers, and hopefully by that time you will find a medium that you can control better, or let it stay in hydro. HCS 1

Back
Top Bottom