150w VS. 250w

Ok, im considering purchasing either a 150w or a 250w HPS lighting system. These are the two models im considering. Both units ive found are about 1 month old and come with their respective bulbs (which are also 1 month old). Also im working with about 3 x 2 growing area.

Sun System 150w VS Sun System 2 MH/HPS Switch 250w

Both are all in one units systems, comes with what is seen in the pictures on amazon. Something to note is that the 250w unit comes with a switchable ballast for MH/HPS bulbs.

Now here are my questions.

How much heat will each unit create ?
The maximum hight I can hang the lights are 64 inches from the ground (That is measured from the floor to the bottom of the unit. With a 10 inch tall pot, ive got 54 inches of grow room but that's with the tops of the plants touching the bulb. So with say 10 inches of clearance from the canopy, that's 44 inches of vertical grow room.)

Im just worried that the temps will get to high for an enclosed closet even if i keep the closet door open. Also, i do have a fan in the room which i occasionally run and that moves the entire air in the room + closet.

Which unit would be practical for growing either 1 medium-sized plant or 2 semi-small plants?

Thanks to all who reply, ive never used a HPS light so i don't know the heat output on those things. My ventilation isn't the greatest, i can cycle in fresh air through a window and use the rooms ceiling fan to move the air.

Ok, im considering purchasing either a 150w or a 250w HPS lighting system. These are the two models im considering. Both units ive found are about 1 month old and come with their respective bulbs (which are also 1 month old). Also im working with about 3 x 2 growing area.

Sun System 150w VS Sun System 2 MH/HPS Switch 250w

Both are all in one units systems, comes with what is seen in the pictures on amazon. Something to note is that the 250w unit comes with a switchable ballast for MH/HPS bulbs.

Now here are my questions.

How much heat will each unit create ?
The maximum hight I can hang the lights are 64 inches from the ground (That is measured from the floor to the bottom of the unit. With a 10 inch tall pot, ive got 54 inches of grow room but that's with the tops of the plants touching the bulb. So with say 10 inches of clearance from the canopy, that's 44 inches of vertical grow room.)

Im just worried that the temps will get to high for an enclosed closet even if i keep the closet door open. Also, i do have a fan in the room which i occasionally run and that moves the entire air in the room + closet.

Which unit would be practical for growing either 1 medium-sized plant or 2 semi-small plants?

Thanks to all who reply, ive never used a HPS light so i don't know the heat output on those things. My ventilation isn't the greatest, i can cycle in fresh air through a window and use the rooms ceiling fan to move the air.

more watts more light more better! lst or fin or both. check out threads at top of faqs. keep air moving in the grow area:goodluck:

xbox, go with the 250w, the 150w actually draws more wattage than the 250w with way less lumens. My buddy purchased 2 of those 150's for a 2x2 area and each drew 365 watts. A 250w is perfect sized for your 3x2 area as long as you can cool it, and the 250w being switchable that will help you out in veg with a MH bulb if you are vegging in the same area you will be flowering.

I'd go with the 250w the question is though how is your ventilation? What's your exhaust and intake cfm? That will greatly change the temps around your plant, no matter what, both hps are going to give off relatively good amount of heat, you have to pull air past it to reduce temperature. Also sticking to the 30-60 watt per square foot rule. We take you 3' x 2' = 6SF, that gives you 200- 240w needed, go with the 250w, and make sure your ventilation is on que. You'll be fine brotha, you'll just have to vent a bit more.

:goodluck:

I agree with the other members, there hot. If your cab get's to hot
Maybe take a look at our GS300 Quantum Pro-Bloom;)

3001.png

Back
Top Bottom