16" Bowl Bud Trimmer

Hi all, I have a few growers asking about Bud Trimmers & wanting more info on them. So I'm going to post a step by step process of how I do it to show how the trimmer works & how the Buds come out.
Here we go ! First off, my trimmer came with a Non Slip Rubber Mat to place the bowl on so it wont slide around while you crank it.
1.JPG

The Metal Bowl that goes on bottom to catch the trim.
2.JPG

The grill with the Cutting Blade (Bottom Side Facing Up). I have the Serrated Blade for dry trimming in now.
3.JPG

Bowl with Grill attached & Ready for Buds to be added.
4.JPG

The Clear Plastic Lid with the Bud Spinners.
5.JPG

And this is how it looks completely assembled.
6.JPG

There are 2 Spacers Between the Cutting Blade & the Grill. You can take one out for a closer trim if that's what you like. I prefer the 2 spacers in.
The Trimmer comes with 2 Blades. One for dry trim & one for wet trim.
7.JPG

Here are the Buds I'm going to trim for an example of what to expect.
9.JPG
8.JPG

Continued......

Some pics of how the buds look before the trim.
10.JPG
11.JPG
12.JPG
13.JPG

Buds all loaded up & ready to go for a spin.
14.JPG

Helmet On & off we go ! Give it about 10 full revolutions & your done.
15.JPG

A few pics of the trimmed up buds.
16.JPG
17.JPG
18.JPG

The trim in the bottom of the bowl. Yes, it takes off a fair amount. I smoke it myself while I wait for the buds to cure.
19.JPG

Does it trim as nice as a good hand trimmer.... No. But it doesn't do all that bad either. When you have a few pounds all finishing at the same time this thing saves the day ! I think it's worth every penny just by saving me hours & hours of hand trimming. Hope this helps.

Some pics of how the buds look before the trim.
10.JPG
11.JPG
12.JPG
13.JPG

Buds all loaded up & ready to go for a spin.
14.JPG

Helmet On & off we go ! Give it about 10 full revolutions & your done.
15.JPG

A few pics of the trimmed up buds.
16.JPG
17.JPG
18.JPG

The trim in the bottom of the bowl. Yes, it takes off a fair amount. I smoke it myself while I wait for the buds to cure.
19.JPG

Does it trim as nice as a good hand trimmer.... No. But it doesn't do all that bad either. When you have a few pounds all finishing at the same time this thing saves the day ! I think it's worth every penny just by saving me hours & hours of hand trimming. Hope this helps.
$?

I feel bad for anyone who has an outdoor grow and has to trim all it afterwards by hand. So about 3 years ago I have my first outdoor harvest of a Fruity Pebbles and 10.5hrs later with help of 3 other, it was trimmed down to buds. Sadly I washed them the next day and lost almost all of it to mold. Following year I would have non or that, plus I have a wrist injury. I spent the money of one of them TrimPro upright mechanical trimmers. I admit I spent almost 2k Cnd on it, but it has been a godsend With my outdoor harvest I trim wet and freeze dry that day, and I can take down a plant to buds, trim, and wash in roughly 2-2.5hrs total. Freeze dryer has everything ready almost 27hrs after that at setting I’m happy with for terp/dryness. Maybe a pain in the ass to sharpen my blade to keep them looking sharply trimmed. Here’s my latest bowl of Cinderella 99 from yesterday.

E26AB0FE-543E-4A50-9E1E-4AFD1FA10807.jpeg

If you smoke the trim in the bowl, why bother removing it? 😅
I'm just bugging you, man. I still want one.
It sure would reduce the amount of hours I put into trimming.
LOL, I smoke the trim while I wait for the buds to cure. Rather not smoke nice buds till after the cure.... or at least for 2 weeks.... bare minimum.

I feel bad for anyone who has an outdoor grow and has to trim all it afterwards by hand.
Lol we bought one of these for the outdoor grow.. thinking it would save us loads of time but in the end not really we just ended up spinning a handle for days.
The workflow changed.. but that's about it in the end you still handle every bud that comes from the plant.. and the bowl became a bottleneck, now if we had several of these.. sure.
The main improvement is you don't dream of twigs and leaves when you go to sleep. As djeez cutting by hand it's like imprinted on your visual cortex and you keep seeing it after trimming a whole day.

I have bad arthritis in my hands and it is amazing how my family always check out my plants
"plants look good dad" , "wow I smell dank dad" hey dad Im taking pics to show my friend how my grow is going {wink , wink} and then I say hey" let's have a family harvest and trim day it's harvest time" all I hear is crickets.........then about a week later hey dad is the weed ready yet? as I wallow in pain with hands that feel like they got run over by a truck. then I got a 16" trimmer what a game changer it does a better job at wet trim looks more professional the dry trim seems it doesn't take off enough and some buds seem leafy. I still trim big buds by hand just for a better look works perfect on small hard buds I highl;y recommend one for every older... no every mature farmer not perfect but does a decent job when you have a lot of pot to trim

If you smoke the trim in the bowl, why bother removing it?
This is totally how I feel!!! I do a half decent trim but don't get too carried away, I figure that anything that has triches may as well stay intact. Is there any good reason for doing a real close trim?? Asking for a friend!! :ciao:

Lol we bought one of these for the outdoor grow.. thinking it would save us loads of time but in the end not really we just ended up spinning a handle for days.
The workflow changed.. but that's about it in the end you still handle every bud that comes from the plant.. and the bowl became a bottleneck, now if we had several of these.. sure.
The main improvement is you don't dream of twigs and leaves when you go to sleep. As djeez cutting by hand it's like imprinted on your visual cortex and you keep seeing it after trimming a whole day.
It's saved me a lot of time. Two hours of spinning the handle per plant so far, rather than two days of snipping.
Were you using it for a wet trim or dry?

ah wet trim.. to get nice space saving buds for the dry nets.. I mean I'm sure it shaved a couple of days of the trim
I did it dry. First plant was a little overdried, but the second was just right. I like to trim them as they're going into the jars for curing.
I can see how it would slow harvest down a bit going straight in there off the plant.

Back
Top Bottom