16" Bowl Bud Trimmer

A friend bot a quality 19 incher. We used it first time last night. No doubt it works

I will be using it myself tonite but i want a closer shave

Just a note for yall that this trimmer has a bit of adjustment to allow the blade to move closer to the rack

Shims above the blade can be adjusted

I see machine trimmed buds and i bail. they offend my eyes. part of the beauty of homegrown is seeing the tiny leaves hugging the buds. then to break them off cleanly when it's time to toke. protects the buds. then again, if it was pounds that needed trimming, i'd get one. then i'd hire somebody to turn the damn thing.

i know hand trimming is a royal pain in the ass after the first ounce but i deal with it by taking a few days, bitching and moaning and getting high as fuck.

I've never heard that before. There's may be less trichomes on leaves than buds, but are they really less potent?
I know the trichomes on the sugar leaves are usually a bit ahead of those on the buds but that's a bit different.
I can get loaded off of sugar leaves that I pick off while grinding buds from the jar.
Fresh frozen trim makes wicked hash too. The people who say stuff like "I only smoke calyx" are crazy.

This is totally how I feel!!! I do a half decent trim but don't get too carried away, I figure that anything that has triches may as well stay intact. Is there any good reason for doing a real close trim?? Asking for a friend!! :ciao:
Just for looks... More sellable to some people. A lot like the dispensary look.

I've never heard that before. There's may be less trichomes on leaves than buds, but are they really less potent?
That's my understanding. Let me see if I can find the reference.

It could be the leaves and trim are less potent because of density of the trichs, but my memory thinks it's both that and less potent.

Well today was the big day. Got my bowl trimmer out and cleaned up 3 plants. 2 were pre trimmed but one was a full 6' skunk plant never trimmed while growing. It was a breeze. Even the Skunk was not bad. I took off the buds from it fan leaves and all and it cleaned up quickly. I saved the bowl trimming from the 1st 2 because of all the sugar leaves. I thought all trimmers Were $$. Glad I was wrong. Hours saved was amazing.

My bowl is just coated in goodness

i am wondering if it is worth trying to salvage and how i might do it

If i warm the bowl might it run to the bottom where i can scrape it out with a softish spoon

I might try it

If you smoke the trim in the bowl, why bother removing it? 😅

Pretty much, I'm not that fussy about manicured buds but I get it if you're a seller, you want a pretty product and be above the competition.

As for the trimmer, it looks like a good piece of engineering. The plastic bud spinners and blades would be the only parts you'd need to eventually replace, hopefully it has good bearings to steady that main shaft.

j

a follow up folks,,

i mentioned about the goo coating the bottom bowl of the trimmer i was using,,

20221019_174854.jpg

and i wondered if i could salvage the resin on the bowl,,

well, i heated the bowl up to soften the resin so i could scrape it off with a sharpish wooden spoon

i heated the bowl by pouring boiling water on the outside of the bowl. it worked quite well, tho lots left behind,, but

P1180327.JPG

that much black goo that dried crystal hard

tastes just like resin,, duh,,

a worth while effort imo

peace out for this years harvest

Pretty much, I'm not that fussy about manicured buds but I get it if you're a seller, you want a pretty product and be above the competition.

As for the trimmer, it looks like a good piece of engineering. The plastic bud spinners and blades would be the only parts you'd need to eventually replace, hopefully it has good bearings to steady that main shaft.

j
They're silicone, so I'm thinking they'll last quite a while.
The blades are easy to change out since they have serrated blades for dry trimming, and straight ones for wet. The blades actually spin in the opposite direction from the direction it spins the buds.
I'm happy with mine so far.

True but being silicone, they're prone to drying, shrinking and cracking 'eventually'.

I'm an old fogie and like how some tools made last century tend to last a lifetime ... with a bit of maintenance and safe keeping of course.

Will you be able to pass this one down to your kids? That depends if they'll still be making replacement parts for it.

j

The blades are easy to change out since they have serrated blades for dry trimming, and straight ones for wet. The blades actually spin in the opposite direction from the direction it spins the buds.
I'm happy with mine so far.
Treat them with a rub of olive oil between uses..had mine a couple years…works like a damn

My bowl is just coated in goodness

i am wondering if it is worth trying to salvage and how i might do it

If i warm the bowl might it run to the bottom where i can scrape it out with a softish spoon

I might try it
I wonder if you could set the bowl on a tub of ice to freeze it to get it off. Kind of the same principle of making Bubble Hash with Ice Water.

I trimmed my last plant. Picked the buds off the stems after 4 days and off to the trimmer. All the fan leaves still attached to the buds 15 spins one way then reversed, no spacers and the regular blade.
runtzosa bud.jpg

Back
Top Bottom