16 Pot - RDWC Hydro - Pro 4800W

lol a spirit level?

itll take a week for the GMB to get the plants looking healthy. All of the plants I retransplanted to the net pots are looking fine. They will go into the system tomorro.

I am now running 6 750w 400v gavitas in veg and will add another 2 in flower if i can keep temps stable. should be awesome.

The system is up and running now. Had a few teething problems with leaks and i forgot to make sure all of the air lines ran on the same side of the buckets. But its uo and running. Just need to add the chiller and res.

Right now I have 6 750w Gavita lights running but think its going to bee too much in that small tent. The plant is to run 8 in flower. I may just revert back to 6 600w hps in cool tubes and 2 gavitas. I will play around will it.

Here are a couple of pics but i will get a vid up soon.

20160304_143250.jpg

20160304_141607.jpg

Ok so I have had to mod the space. Ive changed the gavitas as the tent couldnt handle them even with a 3000cfm fan. Its a shame because they would have grown some monsters.

Now I have 4 600w duel spec hps in cool tubes vegging the plants. thats enough for now. They will get 1 week of this then they will be flipped next tuesday, 1 week away.

I will then add another 4 600w hps duel specs for flower. so each light will cover 2 plants.

Im away from this space for a week so there wont be any pics or vids til i get back. hopefully by then the plants will be bedded in and rooted nicely ready to turn. Theres already some big plants in there. I wish id been more prepared with the clones for this set up as it was thrown together quickly sonthe first run may not be perfect. Also it is running a 1500lph waterpump but i think i will change that to 2500lph so the nutes and ph can be adjusted faster.

Ive tied all of the plants down and bent them. Unfortunately i didnt get a chance to take pics today so you will have to wait til next week.

I did get a shot of the roots though.

20160307_121248.jpg

Rooting in nice for 3 days. I will get a vid and update done when i get back :)

Yes the roots are in water. The water line just touches the bottom of net pot which i thought could be a prob for coco plants. But they are fine. I used the float valve for the back up res to guage the water level but the valve was set too high so i need to lower it an inch for next res change.

I will get much more detailed images and vids up when i return back to this space in a weeks time. Hopefully they arent all dead when i get back lol.

Make those rounds. I'm sure everything will be fine....it better....LOL.

I would have been concerned with the coco being in the water as well. Glad to know we can put that one to rest. My sponges were constantly wet in my drip system so why not. And I kept the res level to just below the pots.

Be safe....

Damg man sorry to hear that, but also glad you had thrm clones as back up. Im starting my first dwc as well, and i need help with ppm because i keep hearing different stuff, i am using distilled water and my ppm are 200 , should they be 400? I dont have any roots out of the 6" cup as of this morning when i checked. I have a journal up if you could look i will be posting more pics today. Thanks for reading hope every thing went good with your trip. Youll be back up in no time!

Thanks. yes i will get my clones transplanted back into the system tomorro.

If you are using distilled water you need to add cal mag first then add your base nute. If there are no roots coming through just top feed until they show to prevent drying out. Keep the ppm on the lower end until roots start to show. your ppm strength wont make roots appear any faster.

egg shells? ive never heard of that for a hydro set up? starting at 200ppm is fine. feeds in dwc are generally weaker than other hydro set ups because of the amount of oxygen available in the rootzone. 400ppm is good for when plants are rooted and vegging. And gradually increase. I work in ec usually so never think in terms of ppm. But an ec of 1.0 is a perfect statinh point. I never use feed schedules, always go off your ppm/ec reading

ive been in today and all the clones look good. Im only keeping 2 lights on for the next day or 2 until they bed in. Ph was low at 5.3 but adjusted with a little water up to 5.6. Hopefully be some roots through the pots tomorro. im top feeding twice daily now until roots show. Water temps are at 19c or 66f which is perfect.

That space look sweet cult with 3 phase allready is there more room to expand or is it just the flower and veg/ mother room
I fink ppl are just to lazy to follow instructions they don't realise ya get out what ya put in
I'm thinking they must of used to much ph down because ya using the ph perfect but it doesn't matter now ya back to sort em out keeps you busy haha
If memory serves me that big plant was a ams about 8 ounce

Back
Top Bottom