1K 5x5 AK40

What brand meter you using bravo? I am stoked to hear that you were able to fix the problem based off my input, made my night haha. Plants are looking great though, looking better then mine. I have been battling underfeeding this whole damn grow, I know chemdogs are high feeders but damn I don't wanna burn them or anything. How many days left in flower? I make my last batch of nutes in a few days then flush time. :surf:

I would flush your pots with at least twice the volume of pH adjusted water as pot size until your runoff pH is 5.8-6.2.

I agree about flushing with high ph water ( not to high as could cause shock) but in my experience I have never needed to use that much water to flush. While flushing coco for associates I found myself using about the same amount of water as medium in the pot and that would balance things for me. John may have different experiences in which he needed to use that much water but if it were me I wouldn't start with that much. Honestly I don't even know if I used the same amount of water vs soil I think I used less water and I have flushed a shit load of plants. One thing to keep in mind trying to maintain fresh neutral waters ph (ro water) is a pain in the ass

I agree about flushing with high ph water ( not to high as could cause shock) but in my experience I have never needed to use that much water to flush. While flushing coco for associates I found myself using about the same amount of water as medium in the pot and that would balance things for me. John may have different experiences in which he needed to use that much water but if it were me I wouldn't start with that much. Honestly I don't even know if I used the same amount of water vs soil I think I used less water and I have flushed a shit load of plants. One thing to keep in mind trying to maintain fresh neutral waters ph (ro water) is a pain in the ass

The other day I flushed em with a gallon of PH Adjusted water and they look 10x better today than before I flushed. I still need to water with a little higher ph maybe 1-2 more times and hopefully it will stabilize. It still seems to be a little low deeper in the pots. The PH meter I have is a RapidTest I think. I can assure you its a cheap one. I got it on EBAY for like 20 bucks I think but it has survived for a year so far. On a good note though, I have decided to cut down on my harvest times by converting a closet in the same room as my tent into a veg closet. I think I could veg 12 plants for 2 weeks pretty easily in here but we will see. I may just use it for a couple mothers and small clones.

IMG_2291_zpsaec84788.jpg

IMG_2293_zpsd9f57d1a.jpg

IMG_2295_zpsd21769e9.jpg

IMG_2299_zpsadcf4d91.jpg

I would LOVE that rig
Im not going to lie…..Im pretty excited lol. It fits perfectly in that closet about an Inch clearance from the door. What do ya think breal, 12 plants in 1 gallon pots under that? Thinking I could veg em for at least 3 weeks. Longer if I had to. We shall soon see, I just ordered 10X Church from greenhouse, 5 Whide Widows from Nirvana and 5X each Blackberry and Strawberry Cough.

What brand meter you using bravo? I am stoked to hear that you were able to fix the problem based off my input, made my night haha. Plants are looking great though, looking better then mine. I have been battling underfeeding this whole damn grow, I know chemdogs are high feeders but damn I don't wanna burn them or anything. How many days left in flower? I make my last batch of nutes in a few days then flush time. :surf:
I think today is day 30 of flower actually. The WD calls for 55-60 days and the AK 65 I think. I just plan on letting them grow until I think they are ready….Then let em go a week longer. That usually seems to work out ok for me. Ill be flushing by the 15th of december for sure though

You got the right idea with that veg room bravo, I am hoping to start some eb flo veg tables so I may grow more efficiently once this grow is done. I would like to get three weeks of veg in like 5 inch cups then transplant from there, save on water electricity rent everything by having plants ready to flower almost a month sooner then they would have. I have seen where a lot of people take clones off their vegging plants for more vegging plants as oppose to having moms, obviously not my style but with only 12 plants shouldn't be a problem doing that and getting strong clones off em.

My chems call for 70 days, but I think I am gonna call it quits are 65. Would ride it out if I didn't get powdery mildew clones to start that has irritated the hell out of me this whole grow.

looking great. have you fed them recently?
I gave them 1/6 strength bloom the other day. Im more concerned with getting the PH right at the moment. Theres gotta be nutes locked up in the soil. I watered them the other day with PH adjusted water and they still sit on 5-5.5……. To low. Next water they get even more PH up to see what happens.

if you think there are nutrients in the soil molasses or lemon would help.

fucking killer. I would feed them lighty cause you're not that close to harvest yet :)

fucking killer. I would feed them lighty cause you're not that close to harvest yet :)
Im going to start feeding them a touch but DAMN this ph. Checked em all 4.5-5.5 . I don't really want to flush again and I don't like introducing large amounts of PH UP at a time but looks like those are my options as of now. I don't think Ill flush again. Ill see how things look after next watering. It is, if you didn't notice, pissing me off lol. Runoff is low, direct readings from soil are low. Oh well Ill continue to adjust with PH up until the end and hopefully it will stabilize.

You might want to add a little something in the fresh water you are adding as fresh waters ph will bounce just from sitting. I moniter ph 24/7 and will think it is on point come back 30 minutes later and it has changed .4, very frustrating. A little calmag and protect or something along those lines should be fine, I would be adding protect regularly anywho. Actually you could prob just keep up the 1/6th strength nutes at a higher ph around 6.4 or 6.5 and see how that goes. I know it isn't recommended to make such a jump if your soil is as low as 5-5.5 but I recall you saying its lowest was off the charts then into the 4s. Sounds like you are making progress it just needs a little boost. I wouldn't worry about salt build up from the continual feeding either, as long as you keep the strength real low like that. Once you get that ph up though make sure you continually are balancing it between feedings so nothing is locked out.

Wow I am tired I recall your ph being 4 something because you just said it in the post above, I was referring to when you initially checked runoff the other day. Bed time obviously

Im going to start feeding them a touch but DAMN this ph. Checked em all 4.5-5.5 . I don't really want to flush again and I don't like introducing large amounts of PH UP at a time but looks like those are my options as of now. I don't think Ill flush again. Ill see how things look after next watering. It is, if you didn't notice, pissing me off lol. Runoff is low, direct readings from soil are low. Oh well Ill continue to adjust with PH up until the end and hopefully it will stabilize.

oh wow. no need to flush but you do need to water with ph'd water next time.

Back
Top Bottom