1st All LED Grow - HammerHead - Cheese - GH - Aussie Blue

Yea thanks Jon! ill just stick with the fresh water and ph down tactic.. ive had plenty of grows in the past, however this is the first real attempt at hydro using all the correct meters - im trying to figure out the science as opposed to my gut instincts.

ill try and track down my Dr grinspoon grow pics and upload them - pain in the arse that grow - however the end result was worth it.. hands down best sativa ive ever smoked.

Thanks for all the help too mate, very much appreciated!! :Namaste:

I also spoke to my main man down the road - he told me about Vapour pressure deficit, and how relative humidity affects the ppm value - here is a link with some info.. i might put on my white lab coat. - Air Quality Guidelines for Europe - Second Edition: PART III: EVALUATION OF ECOTOXIC EFFECTS: Chapter 12: Effects of ozone on vegetation: critical levels

Also jon, since your in canada i wanted to ask to see if you have used any advanced tissue cultures, it seems to be the way to go over there in terms of solid uniform genetics, without the hassle of selecting pheno's from seeds?

I wont bother posting 3 pics of the seedlings as they all look the same -
Here is the Hammerhead :D

photo295.JPG

I also spoke to my main man down the road - he told me about Vapour pressure deficit, and how relative humidity affects the ppm value - here is a link with some info.. i might put on my white lab coat. - Air Quality Guidelines for Europe - Second Edition: PART III: EVALUATION OF ECOTOXIC EFFECTS: Chapter 12: Effects of ozone on vegetation: critical levels

Also jon, since your in canada i wanted to ask to see if you have used any advanced tissue cultures, it seems to be the way to go over there in terms of solid uniform genetics, without the hassle of selecting pheno's from seeds?
cool bro I ll check that link out.I ve never heard of advanced tissue cultures lol Im pretty happy with the holy grail kush and im pretty sure I have a good pheno of chernobyl so I ll be working with the strains I have now for awhile, I always have a couple of soil pots on the go with different genetics.I would to have maybe 4 main strains that I work with.2 strains per grow just so we dont get sick of smoking the same stuff all the time:)

Quick update - the girls are looking nice and healthy!! I am also about to put a Dr grinspoon baby in there :circle-of-love: - they are exceptionally hard to maintain but in the hope that one of my girls goes male i would love to cross this sensational sativa with a solid indica or indica cross.. i dont think many people have crossed Dr grinspoon before with much success so hopefully i can be the first, i can put it in the book of accomplishments!

Photos coming in another couple of days

HAMMERHEAD
photo_3_51.JPG

AUSSIE
photo_4_36.JPG

CHEESE
photo_5_32.JPG

SETUP
photo_6_23.JPG

So heres a quick update everyone - Cheese is struggling quite clearly, i never have any luck with the greenhouse seeds.
Hammerhead is loving it! Very very tough plant!
In the setup pic, you can see i repotted the Aussie, reasons being, i have a sneaking suspicion its a male ,its taken off which is good but i can always sniff out the males.
Also in the room is a Grodan cube with a just popped Grinspoon seed, which i will bonsai and keep as a mother :)
And there is also a little container of greek basil seeds that have just popped up too!!

Sure Jon , here are a few i dug up :)

This is ONE plant and it literally consumed 2mx2mx2m - i had many issues later on in flowering mainly temp humidity and nitrogen but ended up resolving them and harvested 4 ounces of this one girl.. hence the bonsai theory on this next effort, the bud may compact if heavy pruning is done in veg, i feel for a commercial grower you will be very dissapointed, however the few people who tried it said it was the best smoke they had in their lives.. i agreed :)
DSC005043.JPG

DSC005035.JPG

DSC006004.JPG

DSC006064.JPG

DSC005356.JPG

TGA yea man i heard good stuff about their seeds! Is that where you got the GDP and Chernobes from?

Also Grinspoon grows about 70% bigger up until the 3rd week of flower! So the reasoning for heavy pruning is a justified one.. im going to treat it like the mint herb.. just top the bejeesus outta her and cut any runners off the side - which i will use as clones for my next 12/12 grow. (The only reason im so into Grinspoon so much is coz the smoke is to die for and as of yet there are no known Pheno's, this is the second seed ive popped so i would love to own one haha)

Back onto the main project - I think the reason my plants are growing so slowly is because i have used LED from the start with nothing else, i hope to see a lot of growth within the next week and if cheese still doesnt pick up, rather than chuck her, ill just pop her in the backyard as an outdoory and just keep Hammer on its own.
When my mother labtent arrives ill pop in grinspoon and a cutting from hammerhead.

Yea nice one man.. 8 week sativa, might have to tickle a bit of that!
I didnt mean to offend with the commercial grower comment either brother haha

Just assumed you wanted a huge yield, and i assume if trained correctly it can be achieved, but i am yet to master it as i am very much a noob with Sativas. :)

All over it Tony, thanks for helping me along the way with the nice comments ;)

Quick update as of last night:

Greenhouse seeds 100% suck arse - Cheese wasnt doing anything >apart from using a perfectly good spot.. so shes been relegated to the backyard with the herbs.
Hammerhead is looking amazing more on her later on in the week.
Grinspoons about to recieve her own pot so i can begin her bonsai life as a mother.
Aussie as pictured in its own pot (think its male) just finished 4th set of leaves and got topped (i will keep for breeding)

And last but not least i have planted an auto in the spare spot..Lowryder x AK47 x Critical mass, otherwise known as Maxi-Gom - ive grown this strain before its the only auto ive grown that gives yield and potency and will finish the same time as the hammerhead.

Thats all for now.. more pics on Sunday/Monday :)

Back
Top Bottom