1st Ever Grow, 8 Ball Kush

Bloom day 57

I think these will go a few more days yet.
Pistles still mostly white but definitely curling up.
From what I can see I still have a good few clear trichs.
Calyxes are a bit fatter now and the buds feel a lot more solid.
I've watered tonight.
1ml biogrow
4ml biobloom
3ml topmax
1ml calmag
Ph6.0

I've got sticky hands and weed smelling sleeves from watering.
They smell so good I folded and took a little test bud, maybe only a gram once dry but it looked like it wanted to be smoked.
I'm gonna try the microwave steam method and give it a buzz tonight.
My wife doesn't even smoke but shes eager to try some so guess I'll be sharing :passitleft:
IMG_20200125_191932.jpg
IMG_20200125_191900.jpg
IMG_20200125_191932.jpg
IMG_20200125_191900.jpg
IMG_20200125_185141.jpg
IMG_20200125_182340.jpg
IMG_20200125_182315.jpg
IMG_20200125_182135.jpg

Not sure if you seen this...

1579981461733.png
Yes MrS.
Great guide as to when to harvest.
I'm going to pop out and fetch my microscope from my office tomorrow as I'm not 100% sure what I'm seeing with my phone camera.
Some pics look 80%cloudy and some pics look 80% clear.
I want to harvest pretty early as this strain is known for heavy couch lock so my thinking is if I don't let it go too long I'll get a nice balanced buzz.
I only really grew this strain as I read it's a nice small compact plant (which it is) and pretty forgiving with regards to environment.
Once I'm sure the trichs are mostly cloudy these babies are getting hacked to death :yahoo:

Yea mine are week 6 today. Hard to keep a steady hand but mine mostly clear still got a ways to go.

Go with your gut.
Week 6 they will start getting nice and heavy for you, not long now buddy.
Yeh I'm gonna keep an eye on them but they defoliation need longer.

Bloom day 59

Well I've had a good look at the trichs under a microscope and they definitely look like they are pumped, I'm seeing 1 plant at approx 70% cloudy with an amber here and there on some buds.
One plant looks to be maybe 60% cloudy and another looks about 50/50.
Still got pistles looking white and straight on my roughest looking plant, they are also pretty leafy so it's gonna have some strange shaped buds but they feel the heaviest of the bunch.
None of the buds look huge but they all seem nice and dense which makes me a very happy gardener :yahoo:
I could probably harvest one now but I'd Idike to harvest all 3 together so I'm thinking 2 or 3 more days and they should all be within where I want them.
I must admit it almost feels like time is standing still for these ladies at the moment.

IMG_20200127_185110.jpg
IMG_20200127_185041.jpg
IMG_20200127_184924.jpg
IMG_20200127_184853.jpg
IMG_20200127_184800.jpg
IMG_20200127_184748.jpg

Hi
Just had a read of your diary. Great job. Very informative. I started a week later than you and like you am on my first grow and am also using biobizz nutrients which I like. Glad to see you persevered and are almost reaching a successful conclusion to your first grow. Congratulations.

So today the plants look better but they have yellow spots on the leaves.
After some helpful advice it could be my pH too high so I will drop pH to 6.3 for the next feed.
I have now set up a camera in the tent so I can monitor the plants with out disturbing the tent 300 times a day.
IMG_20191110_090219.jpg
IMG_20191110_090251.jpg
IMG_20191110_105309.jpg
Screenshot_20191110_104009_wansview.p2pwificam.client.jpg

It may be light burn,expecially if you misted the leafs while lights are on,but don't think I'm right,maybe it something related to ph or nute problems, my brother had similar symptoms with his plant and the problem was too close light,heat stress.

Those are some pretty exciting pistils. The trichs don't lie so you have to go by what you see, but man that first pic looks like she has a week or more to go.
I agree MrS.
I think one plant has possibly over a week to go and the other 2 less.
I've got a trip away for work at the start of next week, I was supposed to go this week but I postponed it, I may harvest 2 plants on Sunday and let the other go until I get back on Wednesday.
I will see what happens between now and then and decide on what I'm seeing.

Hi
Just had a read of your diary. Great job. Very informative. I started a week later than you and like you am on my first grow and am also using biobizz nutrients which I like. Glad to see you persevered and are almost reaching a successful conclusion to your first grow. Congratulations.
Thanks Canopee.
I've enjoyed the growing and logging everything.
It's had it's ups and downs but I have the prize in sight now.
I think the Biobizz nutes are fine and I'm sure I can achieve some good results with them as I become a more proficient grower :)
I hope your grow has been successful.
You can't be too far from harvest yourself if you are a week behind me :thumb:

It may be light burn,expecially if you misted the leafs while lights are on,but don't think I'm right,maybe it something related to ph or nute problems, my brother had similar symptoms with his plant and the problem was too close light,heat stress.
Thanks Valentino.
In the end I think my main problem was pH related :thumb:

I get it it is most important that you find the problem,, it was really high than? Cause I grow in soil and my tap water is about 7.2 and no problems ever,no visual signs at least.

I only use tap water that sit for 2 days before using,sometimes I lower ph to 6.8-7.0 sometimes unregulated and no problems.

Back
Top Bottom