1st Grow 1st Journal - White Widow & Company

I've been amazed at how robust these plants are. I've nearly cried when I've snapped branches, but taping them back up and they survived made me so happy.

Thank you. LOL I can understand that. I almost puked :)

Look at this damage I caused with HST. Didn't even slow this one down. They are pretty hardy plants :)

Holy hell. Great picture. I cant believe she still survived through that! I had no idea they were THAT hardy ;)

UPDATE TIME: DAY 49 (WEEK 7)

Good morning 420! Back for another fun weekly update. Girls are coming along nicely. Last few weeks are going to be so much fun. Hard to imagine these buds getting bigger lol but bring on the final push for some weight!

Havent seen anymore rust spots since I plucked the fan leaves off. So I think I am in the clear. The cola I broke last week is doing just fine. didn't even seem to skip a beat. Today, all my plants needed to be watered. its weird, 1 plants needed only 2 days to dry out, and the others are around 4-5 days between. Temps are still a steady 77-80degrees when lights on and 65-71 when lights off. Humidity right around 45%. With the temp on the rise here for summer, humidity outside is spiking. making it hard for me to get RH below 45%. Everything seems to be doing fine. Would like to get it around 35 like when I first started lol don't think ill be able to do that without a humidifier. I cant see it making that much of a difference so I decided to keep my dehumidifier unplugged to save money.

20150517_074510.jpg

Incredible Bulk #1 & Pineapple Chunk

20150517_074032.jpg

20150517_074124.jpg

20150517_074050.jpg

20150517_074144.jpg

Incredible bulk #2

20150517_072321.jpg

20150517_072341.jpg

20150517_072349.jpg

White Widow

20150517_074210.jpg

20150517_074224.jpg

20150517_074231.jpg

I'm guessing about 3,4 more weeks left. Will start watching trichs next week as im almost at 50% amber pistils

Oh, and forgot to mention the clone...She literally has been at a standstill for the past 3 weeks. Haven't seen any change whatsoever. She needs an average 6-8 days between feedings. Still a very light color green almost yellow and dying off. But still standing. I have flushed her 3 times in the past 5 weeks. Did some reading and starting to think it got root bound from the beginning when I was so new and experimenting. Hell, may even have root rot. Anyways, not really sure what's going on and at this point I'm not too worried about it as she was my experimental plant. I may even just pull her next week to give some more room and better lighting to my other 4 sexy ladies. what do you all think?

Oh, and forgot to mention the clone...She literally has been at a standstill for the past 3 weeks. Haven't seen any change whatsoever. She needs an average 6-8 days between feedings. Still a very light color green almost yellow and dying off. But still standing. I have flushed her 3 times in the past 5 weeks. Did some reading and starting to think it got root bound from the beginning when I was so new and experimenting. Hell, may even have root rot. Anyways, not really sure what's going on and at this point I'm not too worried about it as she was my experimental plant. I may even just pull her next week to give some more room and better lighting to my other 4 sexy ladies. what do you all think?

Sometimes I get a clone that never hardens up but when I put the humidity dome on it springs back to life. Usually what happens is that there is some mold and necrotic tissue under the soil that I can't see. Since I take multiple clones I just cull it.

But I did read once that you could re-cut above the diseased part and re-plant it.

UPDATE TIME: DAY 49 (WEEK 7)

Good morning 420! Back for another fun weekly update.
20150517_074231.jpg

I'm guessing about 3,4 more weeks left. Will start watching trichs next week as im almost at 50% amber pistils

That's what makes it all worth it. Seeing your hard work start to pay off.

:thumb: +reps

Wow yours is looking frosty as well. Nice job man.

Thank you. Means a lot. Had no idea how anxious you get when your this close! haha Such a fun ride. Just don't want to miss my stop...if you know what I mean ;) Hoping to get this harvest timing down just right.

Ok, so I did my best to take some trich pics...its not as easy as I thought by ANY means lol Should have had these pics with my update post from earlier today! Sorry about being unorganized. Also added a couple more updated pics. also included some of the ugly Green crack clone.

20150517_174352.jpg

20150517_174732.jpg

20150517_174754.jpg

20150517_174755.jpg

20150517_175130.jpg

20150517_175155.jpg

20150517_175202.jpg

20150517_175158.jpg

From what I can see, which is better than the pics, lol sorry, is about 25%or more cloudy. So, im still thinking 3-4 weeks til harvest,give or take. If anyone has a better guestimate please let me know...if you can!

Still a bunch of clears, so you definitely have time.

They're looking great though man, and I KNOW it smells good in there :thumb:

Thank you! That's what I thought! Which to me is good news seeing as it means more time to fatten up even more!

As for the smell, WOW. Very hard to contain even with my fat boy carbon filter! Lets just hope I can flush, dry and cure the ladies properly to finish strong! :lot-o-toke:

Quote Originally Posted by Racefan

The first stage, clear, will tend to make for a more cerebral, up high, with very little body effect. Harvesting at this stage when little if any trichomes are milky yet, can be tricky. Harvesting too early can make for a beautiful plant that will not have much psychoactive capability! THC needs to "mature" to be able to pass its psychoactive capabilities down to the smoker. This is why I always recommend waiting until 50% of the trichomes hit the second stage: milky or creamy. At this point, you will definitely have a plant which has reached its genetic potential.

Att least 50% milky with 5 to 10% ambers would be a great time to take it.

Quote by Subcool

When growing Indica hybrids, unless you want to end up on the couch, it’s best to harvest when the trichome heads are fully formed but before they start to cloud over and turn amber. This could take as little as five days or as long as two weeks, depending on the maturation time of the specific strain. If you allow an Indica to go too long, you can dramatically affect the taste and high. Fortunately, going too long is not a real problem for most people.

I like to study close-up photos taken with a high resolution digital camera; however an inexpensive hand-held microscope works wonders. It almost looks like you are in an alien world when looking at resonated buds using fifty-times-power.

With the Sativa-dominant hybrids, you want to make sure that all the trichome heads are fully formed and also about thirty percent amber. Letting a plant mature beyond this point will risk flavor and the finished smoke may be harsh with very little "high". There are exceptions; Haze has three different harvest windows, all being very late into flower. It is every grower’s job to learn what he or his patients prefer in the terms of "high".

This article will not address yields: if you are at the third stage of floral maturity with fully-formed trichomes, we can assume most strains have packed on all their final weight.

Use the guidelines spelled out below to help gauge the best harvest window for your plants based on the trichomes.

1. Fully-formed but still clear will provide a cleaner 'up' high with less sedative effect; this is the best window for heavy Indicas.

2. Fully-formed and turning slightly cloudy or milky; this is probably the best time to pick most hybrids available today.

3. Fully formed completely cloudy or milky with at least 30% of the heads turning amber; this is usually best window for the late maturing Sativa’s such as Haze. This is also a good window when using the plant primarily for Hash production.

According to Subcool you can get different effects and flavors from the same plant by harvesting at different times. Now that is knowing one plant intimately.

That's great info. All my strains are Indica dominant, as I like couch lock effect. So I need about 5-10% amber fully formed?

You can go farther if you want. Up to 30% would be good also if you like a little more couch lock. I personally don't go over 30% but that's just me. Experiment a little. If you'r at or past the recommended harvest time, you almost can't go wrong. Just depends on what you like.

One of these days you will be saying... "I like strain *X* with *X*% of ambers and a smoking humidity of 57%" :) :slide:

Hey Surf, looking real nice man, I bet when you unzip the tent the smell is just amazing. I know what you mean about growing. Never been a green thumb person so I didn't know how I would take to growing. Ha, took to it like....well, like a weed. :) The crazy thing to me is that it's FUN, I enjoy every part of it.

For the stonyness that you are looking for I think you might be right with 3 more weeks.

Hey Surf, looking real nice man, I bet when you unzip the tent the smell is just amazing. I know what you mean about growing. Never been a green thumb person so I didn't know how I would take to growing. Ha, took to it like....well, like a weed. :) The crazy thing to me is that it's FUN, I enjoy every part of it.

For the stonyness that you are looking for I think you might be right with 3 more weeks.

Exactly. It really is just so much fun! I swear its like watching your kid grow up lol And yeah, when I unzip the tent...its like being hit by a wall of just pure FUNK! The different aromas from all the diff strains meshed together is just so earthy and , well makes you want to drool!

BOREDOM UPDATE:

Ive been debating very hard the last week or so about the clone. She has been stunted for a while now. Havent seen any change in about 3 weeks. She was my experimental plant from when I first started. My guinea pig if you will. So needless to say she has been through hell. She is dying off slows it seems. Leaf my leaf. the clone was very week from the first day I got her and not to mention my knowledge on growing wasn't any better lol Anyways, thinking about chopping her and clearing the way for my 4 reputable plants. Gives me more space for them to have in their last weeks before chop. I was thinking also to tie them back a little to allow for better light penetration to the inner parts and lower nugs. What do you all think? Next grow, Im not growing anymore than 4.

So decided to take some pics right when the lights clicked off. I love how different they look.! Starting to get butterflies lol ;)

20150519_180459.jpg

20150519_180448.jpg

20150519_180505.jpg

20150519_180520.jpg

Back
Top Bottom