1st Grow: 2 x Feminized Blue Treacle Auto

After seeing the advantages of led lighting on other posts I have been looking for some myself.
I do not want to spend a great deal as im keeping it small 2 or 3 plants.
Would a led bulb like below in the picture be ok? I have 4 fittings so could have 4 of the bulbs going at a time. I am currently using 4 35w cfl bulbs, heat is going to be an issue in a couple of months so want something cooler and a bit more energy efficient.
Screenshot_2017-01-20-09-10-15.png

It says its a full spectrum with 106 led lights and 18w.
Thanks for any advice

I'm not sure if one alone would be powerfull enough ? Altho I've never used one of these I did see a decent Mars one I think it was but I was thinking to have it to fill the gap were the light stops , what's your budget bro ?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

You can get a Mars 300 w brand new for £46 bro they are decent and cheap but that's what I was going to ask how many sockets you had as if you used a good few then I don't see why they wouldn't be decent if CFls can grow decent weed I'm sure these can I've never used CFL or the led light bulbs before

You can get a Mars 300 w brand new for £46 bro they are decent and cheap but that's what I was going to ask how many sockets you had as if you used a good few then I don't see why they wouldn't be decent if CFls can grow decent weed I'm sure these can I've never used CFL or the led light bulbs before

Is that 300watts? That would be to much electric for me. I have 140 in cfl and its cost around £50 in electric so far. Cheapest price ive found for the 300 is £57

It's not 300 actuall watts and LEDs are much cheaper to run than normal lights one moment I'll find the link for the cheapest ones and look at the actual wattage probably about 120actual watts but I'll double check for you

And remember 420 members get a lil discount

Ill see what my finance is like after this and get best I can afford. Thinking of going with coco coir and perlite rather than soil. It seems really heavy and compressed now its been in use for 2 and half months. The 2 buds I cut off to test have let me down, they are still drying but it just smells like pond weed or standard. No really wow factor at all with the smell, hoping the curing will do some benefits.

Today I cut all the branches off 1 plant, ive left the main top bud on for now, want to see if itll thicken out at all over the next day or 2. All parts I removed have been trimmed and are now hanging to dry in the boiler cupboard, warm and dark. Looks like a fair bit, but im going to do a weigh in when its dry.
One plant is still gowing strong as well think that will be cut in a week or 2.
Will put some pictures up tomorrow.

Blue Treacle is far from a low odor strain. It had my whole house smelling like blueberry syrup and weed. Lol
Gorilla has a strain called hybrid x that is supposed to be very low oder. Its northern lights back crossed with northern lights. I have a few seeds, just waiting for time and room to grow them. So many seeds, so little space. My seed stock is going to take me years to get through unless i can upgrade my space immensely. I just cant pass up the deals gorilla gives on occasion.

Its gone well, ive cut down everything now apart from some small buds at the bottom that wernt getting much light. Gonna give them a few days and see what happens. Everything is now hanging to dry. The smell whilst I was trimming was crazy. Need to get some gloves for next time, fingers was so sticky. I have a picture of the biggest bud which ill put up in a sec. Hoping for around 2 ounces when dry. Might be a bit ambitious though.

This grow is now complete and finished.
Total dried yield was 48grams. 1 and 3/4 oz.
I have 1 blue treacle seed left and have a bubble kush and 2 critical on the way. I am going to be upscaling a great deal for the next grow.
Will be getting a tent and going in the attic with a new led light and new 6" carbon filter. Hopefully going to have all 4 seeds growing.
I have a lot of preperation to do. Buy materials, put attic boards down in a suitable area.
I will be starting a new journal soon to put all my progress.
Thanks all for help and advice with this grow. Look forward to speaking soon!

Back
Top Bottom