1st Grow Attempt - NukeHead Seeds

SSHAN0510

This is my first grow attempt, first post. So I'm the new guy, newb, seedling, freshy, boot, piece of sh*t, fu*cking idiot, dumbass, whatever you guys call them first time growers, that's me.

So NO need to be gentle, say it like it is, I'll take all the HELP I can get. So give me all your secrets, your years, decades of hard work, the special mutant strain you been hiding, I'll take that to. If your one of those sponsors send me all of your products. I have just sponsored myself. So please don't take your sweet ass time. Send me my LED lights, all the cultivars/strains/seeds you sell, your dreams, special nutrients, and I will use/grow/destroy/post your products sporadically, or when I feel like it. Also to 420mag, if I post something or, or somewhere that's not allowed I apologize in advance, although I'm not to surprised because I did not read the rules. Nor the thing that says read before posting.

A little bit about myself recently started using MJ for medical reasons. Smoked here and there growing up in the stress and chronic days, then smoked something stronger had a bad trip and it kept me away for a decade until now. I have seen the amount of different strains, along with description of what each strains do. I have to say I was quite impressed with the work everyone was doing, and decide to try it, found it works now I'm here. I'm a USMC combat vet with multiple tours overseas. Been injured while I was there and had a few surgeries in the lower back. Been using and addicted to pain meds because of it which I recently replaced with MJ. Also use it for PTSD, TBI, insomnia and so on. The art of Growing itself is quite sueding.

Dam the green crack makes me ramble. I'll get straight to it. I ordered my first seeds from NukeHeads, mainly because from the US, and I'll support any small business here at home before I support any other. They respond to my emails very quickly, and I received my seeds in 2 days! I ordered 8 strains at random, or based of the info I received on this forum.

Nukehead
Girl Scout Cookies
Alaskan Thunder Fuck
Green Crack
Grand Daddy Purple
Chem Dawg
Black Berry Kush
Grape Ape

420-magazine-mobile1800435892.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1059053791.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1899120239.jpg

I have already made my first newb mistake by not labeling what it is. I'll have to find out when it grows out, with your expert advice of course.

09/07/2017
Received seeds and germinated 8 seeds right away in a glass of water kept in dark. I still have a Nukehead and Grand Dad Purple stored for back up.

09/08/2017

GDP, GSG, NH, GA, ATF, showing tap root, so I poured the glass of water to a paper towel and took a peak 14 hrs later they were growing! placed those tap root down into rapid rooters and in the dome. Sprayed it down to keep up humid conditions and along with 24 hours of darkness. The CD, BBK, GC were slower...still waiting.

420-magazine-mobile103759478.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1034206250.jpg

09/092017

Started the 24 hr light program. The 3 slower seeds BBK & GC showing tap root, CD is not.

09/15/2017

I decided to do 3 in soil and 4 in hydroton, all plants placed in 5 inch holders in a 17 gallon tub. Out of 8 seeds all but 1 failed to germinate. I forgot to keep seeds in order when germinating so now I don't know what is what. This is my first grow ever of any plant, so I didn't know how fragile seedlings really are. And snapped one. It's funny how you get attached to these little fuckers, it hurt the heart.....

420-magazine-mobile1945230401.jpg

420-magazine-mobile676499719.jpg

09/19/2017

Still working on grow area I built out of wood. Used 2x4 sheets .Need to finish adding white reflective wall paper. Finish sealing it up and add vents, exhaust, and carbon filter. I think I'm going to make an identical grow closet when I'm done with the first one and use one for flowering and the other for veg.

A friend gave me a HPS light system and I found out how hot it got, this equipment is intense, I understand what people are talking about with their electric bills. My brain is tired from the amount of never ending knowledge that goes along with growing I didn't want to learn about LED's, but I'm going to have to reconsider.

420-magazine-mobile3424603.jpg

Numba 1!! Interesting grow! Sounds like you have a treasure hunt on your hands! Nice little dwc you made there

Thanks! I have read many of your posts since I been on 420mag. You understand my newbie mindset, looking for the gold with the first grow , 7 different strains, the fu*k was I thinking! Thanks for dropping in!

I am still playing around with my set up. No thanks to most of the folks here, I want an LED light instead of my HPS. So I decided to test one out, originally made for lighting a family living room, I am using a Cree 85w for the 4 pots in hydroton and a t5 for the 3 in Ocean Forrest soil. They seem to be liking the Cree! All 4 in hydroton are praying!

420-magazine-mobile463177070.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1134647423.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1418671982.jpg

420-magazine-mobile485410479.jpg

420-magazine-mobile389051540.jpg

420-magazine-mobile228772747.jpg

420-magazine-mobile363753922.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1311291464.jpg

420-magazine-mobile649098156.jpg

420-magazine-mobile872883600.jpg

The bigger one of the bunch was a Regular Blue Dream given to me by a buddy. I believe it had 1 week and half on the rest of the group. I already top her first time a few days ago after the 5th node grew. Took some of my rough handling if you can see the ripped leaves. Still growing like a champ and I'm still learning!

420-magazine-mobile1967572109.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1526948550.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1461186509.jpg

Love the fuzzy roots on this one!

Oh I forgot to add that the day I ordered from nukehead, I also ordered from 420 and they came in today! I think I'm addicted...
I have Durban Poison regular , white widow fem, gold leaf fem. Since I have room for one more pot... white widow is germinating glass of water in the dark as we speak.

420-magazine-mobile1781042091.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1057042483.jpg

17 gallon container filled with nutrient and water barley touching the bottom of the baskets. 3 air stones to oxygenate the water, ph 5.8 checked with meter and drop tester, water tempt in container is 78.0 f, ppm is at 930

Looking great! I'll be tagging along. I'm watching several of the nukehead journals. Sending good grow vibes your way. Thank you for the sacrifices you have made for our safety and freedoms. Now to get on with producing the medication you need. It's very satisfying to enjoy something that you have created. Looking forward to how it grows. Thanks for sharing the journey.

Okay first of all, welcome to :420:
You need to dump that res and drop the ppm to under 300 of you'll have seven dead plants lol. Do you have more hydroton? If so, see about getting that soil out of there asap. Organic material floating around in a DWC setup is just a recipe for root rot. There are a lot of cool people here and we will steer you in the right direction. So far your babies are looking great! But 900 ppm will fry your leaves within a week if you don't adjust.

Hi. Welcome to the 420.

What kind of equipment do you have (grow tent, extractors, lights etc.) Do yourself a favor and list it all out. If you are missing something, someone will notice.

If you haven't started a spreadsheet, you should. Day 1 for me is when the plants poke out of the soil. (generally a day or two after you planted the seeds). That is an important date for calculating the different stages. Also note your neuts, water schedule, etc. Be methodical and write the stuff down.

You have a lot of plants growing at the same time. Do you have the room? I'm on my second grow, which is going to be a lot easier than the first. I started with 10. Immediately dropped one and couldn't find it. I lost another when I transplanted them into pots. Later found it growing alongside another, but it was too traumatized and died. I can't remember what happened to the other, but I ended up with 7 healthy plants. That is WAY TOO MANY for a 4x4 grow tent, if there is no training or netting involved. It all kind of worked in the end anyway. Weed once it gets going is a pretty forgiving plant. This time I'm starting with 3. I am sure I will end up with a larger amount than the first go round.

Wish you luck. It's going to be fun. You'll see. :cheer::cheer:

Looking great! I'll be tagging along. I'm watching several of the nukehead journals. Sending good grow vibes your way. Thank you for the sacrifices you have made for our safety and freedoms. Now to get on with producing the medication you need. It's very satisfying to enjoy something that you have created. Looking forward to how it grows. Thanks for sharing the journey.

Hey Pharmgreen thanks for stopping by! Appreciate good luck sent my way, and I'll send them right back at ya!! It's amazing creating a plant from a seed and watching it grow from a tiny seed to what it is now. I'll have to admit I have new found respect for growers, and I don't know if I should admit this but it I treat it like my own little baby! My wife thinks I completely lost my mind now...

Okay first of all, welcome to :420:
You need to dump that res and drop the ppm to under 300 of you'll have seven dead plants lol. Do you have more hydroton? If so, see about getting that soil out of there asap. Organic material floating around in a DWC setup is just a recipe for root rot. There are a lot of cool people here and we will steer you in the right direction. So far your babies are looking great! But 900 ppm will fry your leaves within a week if you don't adjust.

The second I saw your post I went flying for my pump! Got the res pumped out cleaned and filled back up with 5.8 ph filtered water. Trying to figure out how to get my PPM to 300, with the amount of nutrients I have. I figured I cut all of them besides my base (floral micro gro bloom) and cal mag.

I cut out rapid rooter, pro tek, diamond nector, super thrive, great white. Please let me know if I need to add any back... I appreciate the help!! That would be devastating to wake up and see my plants toasted!!

Hi. Welcome to the 420.

What kind of equipment do you have (grow tent, extractors, lights etc.) Do yourself a favor and list it all out. If you are missing something, someone will notice.

If you haven't started a spreadsheet, you should. Day 1 for me is when the plants poke out of the soil. (generally a day or two after you planted the seeds). That is an important date for calculating the different stages. Also note your neuts, water schedule, etc. Be methodical and write the stuff down.

You have a lot of plants growing at the same time. Do you have the room? I'm on my second grow, which is going to be a lot easier than the first. I started with 10. Immediately dropped one and couldn't find it. I lost another when I transplanted them into pots. Later found it growing alongside another, but it was too traumatized and died. I can't remember what happened to the other, but I ended up with 7 healthy plants. That is WAY TOO MANY for a 4x4 grow tent, if there is no training or netting involved. It all kind of worked in the end anyway. Weed once it gets going is a pretty forgiving plant. This time I'm starting with 3. I am sure I will end up with a larger amount than the first go round.

Wish you luck. It's going to be fun. You'll see. :cheer::cheer:

Appreciate you stopping by and the appreciate the pointers! I built 8' tall grow box 4x2 out of wood. I have a extra bedroom I can use, and can build another grow box if need be. Funny you mentioned how you dropped a seed and found it growing, the same thing happened to me! I planted it in soil but I got lucky and it somehow survived. I got a notebook now for this grow, it's time to get organized!

420-magazine-mobile968247719.jpg

Haha. The boys will get you straightened out in no time pal. Bunch of great folks here. You've got the right attitude for sure. And I do believe you're gonna be just fine. Welcome to 420. I'm just here for the ride and knowledge. .

Appreciate it! Read lot of your post and learned a lot from you as well! Thanks for dropping in!

Back
Top Bottom