1st Grow - Autoflowering - Brown Spots On Leaves

scottish

Hey guys im currently growing sweet seeds fast bud #2 & there sweet cheese the plants are a week from germ(which took just 16hrs) i am running them under 375w lighting(2×125w blue 1x125w red) im growing in ordinary compost and feeding on fish waste but today i spotted some brown spots on the sweet cheese leafs not near the edgesbut a round spot i havent got a pic atm but will update with one in the morning but any1 any ideas?

IMG_20140214_131456.jpg
IMG_20140214_131456.jpg
IMG_20140214_131450.jpg

Hi Scottish! I'm going to throw out a couple possibilities of what could be going on.

You're correct, a week old plant is generally too young to feed and the Nitrogen in the fish waste may have burned it.

Also compost is usually too rich, and your baby looks pretty soggy in that pic.. Cannabis likes a well drained soil so the roots can dry out a bit between waterings- can you transplant it into better soil? Definitely let her dry out good before watering again.

Do you have a fan your could use near her- that would help assure that your lights aren't building up heat?
:peace:

Hi flower child thanks for the help i think its too late too transplant her into another pot shes on day 12 now so afraid im stuck in the 10l pots shes in altho i am planning to plant another soon what would be beat potting mix? I was told regular compost does the job treat them as i do my chilis? i have rinsed the soil through heavily too try and flush out any excess nitrogen and clear the soil a bit thats why shes so soggy will this help? also i have a fast bud in same soil same position to light and she is fine i havent got a fan in atm have to put one in tommorow and put it on 4hrs on an hour off? i have increased distance from plant to light for now altho what is optimum i put my hand between plant and light and it wasnt unconfortable

nute burn almost 100% sure. When plants are that small you give them water. You also want almost no nutes in the soil too at that size. Since you said yourslef you feed them fish poop, id say they got nute burn.

Cheers mate thats what i thought it was going to be will flushing it through of helped wash nutes out or just damaged root and caused soil too release more? whats best substrate for my next seed? wish i hadnt gone with reg compost now

There is no "best" for a seedling, or any plant for that matter. But I can give you some good suggestions.

I just transplanted 6 seedlings last night after germinating. I put them in a 80% peat moss, 5% perlite 15% compost/dirt mix which also had some azomite for minerals.

I plan on watering with plain water, or water with vitamin b1. Once the plant is on its 2-4th nodes it will be transplanted. I started them in small dixie cups that hold about 4oz.

IMG_20140218_091555.jpg
[
IMG_20140218_091550.jpg
IMG_20140218_092230.jpg
IMG_20140218_092343.jpg
here she is day 12 seems to be doing ok now not aswell as the fast bud tho as can see in pics but yeah def agree soils too much the coloration on plants is horrible

Cannabis is a tough little plant. I think your little ones will be OK if you just give them some time to dry out and recover from the fish poo. I'm hesitant to recommend too much flushing of their soil because they look to be dealing with enough water and they like dryish roots. One thing that might help with the heavy soil is to make sure you have good drainage. Even drilling a few more holes on the bottom and sides of their pots could help. And I forgot you had autos- they don't like to be transplanted so that's not a good option for you anyway.
I've seen plants burnt much worse recover well so hang in there.

Ohh yeah thanks flower child i hadnt even thought of adding some extra holes in the pot this would help her dry out a bit quicker im not going to water untill the soil is almost completely dry but also extra holes should aerate the soil a bit more? i forgot too throw in some clayballs made many mistakes with this grow hoping the hardy lil autos pull through

Don't feel bad about struggling with these plants- we've all been there. I killed my first 10 seedlings from overwatering and fertilizing too soon. Then I found this website and started reading and reading and reading........

Have you thought about starting a journal for your plants? I did (and still have one ongoing)- I highly recommend it. Having a few more experienced growers following your plants can really help. There's a lot of friendly helpful folks here at 420.
Happy growing!
:peace:

Thanks for the positivity flower child stupidly i started these a bit naively thinking that they would grow like a chili plant and take whatever i throw at it but now i realise they are alot more vunerable i have traweld through many pages and learned alot from this site so glad i signed up or my babies prob wudve died by now and i now hopefully will get a relative yield but am more lookin forward to planting up next batch and using info gained from here have a decent crop no issues :bong:

I did start a journel altho after seeing yours realised it wasnt very gd and i kind of neglected it when my nute burn occured i have since tried getting it back on track and will update this evening when i go tuck them into bed the link is in my sig check it out all feedback welcome im afraid im a noob and need to learn thanks again for all your help :tokin:

Back
Top Bottom