1st Grow: Blue Dream

Hey @PhobosAnomaly . Just want your opinion on autos for a sec. do you feel like you are giving up anything growing autos. I’m intrigued by the short grow time but I’ve read you sacrifice potency. I have a small grow area and will probably not be expanding that anytime soon. So if I could have a quicker grow that would be great but if the quality of the product is better with photoperiod then it’s worth it for me to give it the extra time. Just want your opinion. Thanks!
:Namaste:
I feel being able to harvest and rotate a new variety in every month is nice.
I am less worried about potency, than I am wasting a month waiting to see if it is a boy.
Also, I tend to build a tolerance to a strain after a few ounces of it.
So, variety comes to play.
On average, a plant will net me 2-4 ounces. Not tremendous.
But 4 autos in optimal settings can easy break a pound at harvest.
I don't sell, so I actually make more than enough for myself and my wife.
I tend to have too much. I have shut down twice for reasons in the past year.
Never ran out once.

:ganjamon:
I even give a great deal of surplus to my family. +
My old man loves it, says its to damn sticky though.
He has to clean his pipe more often than with Mexican commercial brick weed.

:bong:
I am holding 3-4 ounces right now, and am close to harvesting Candy Cane auto.
With a pair of Seedsman autos two weeks behind that.

:passitleft:
I have a guerrilla style grow.
Small tent, 900w of led.:rofl: As if, the led advertisements are always a misnomer.
I try to keep a small electrical foot print. So 20-4 instead of full on.
For me time is more important than the cost of a seed.
I'll trade 100 days start to finish, for $10 a seed.
Autoflowering plants just make sense to me.
:hmmmm:Hard to explain any further I guess.

If I was patient, and made a nice scrog. 1-2 photoperiod beans would fill my tent.
Saving a little in cost, but making the periods between harvesting, and new plants lengthy.
When it comes to cloning, and keeping legendary genetics going. Photos are the way to go.
I have some nice legendaryish ones, I'm saving for a dream farm.

Sometimes I wonder if my gaming PC draws more current than my tent.:hmmmm:

:Namaste:
I feel being able to harvest and rotate a new variety in every month is nice.
I am less worried about potency, than I am wasting a month waiting to see if it is a boy.
Also, I tend to build a tolerance to a strain after a few ounces of it.
So, variety comes to play.
On average, a plant will net me 2-4 ounces. Not tremendous.
But 4 autos in optimal settings can easy break a pound at harvest.
I don't sell, so I actually make more than enough for myself and my wife.
I tend to have too much. I have shut down twice for reasons in the past year.
Never ran out once.

:ganjamon:
I even give a great deal of surplus to my family. +
My old man loves it, says its to damn sticky though.
He has to clean his pipe more often than with Mexican commercial brick weed.

:bong:
I am holding 3-4 ounces right now, and am close to harvesting Candy Cane auto.
With a pair of Seedsman autos two weeks behind that.

:passitleft:
I have a guerrilla style grow.
Small tent, 900w of led.:rofl: As if, the led advertisements are always a misnomer.
I try to keep a small electrical foot print. So 20-4 instead of full on.
For me time is more important than the cost of a seed.
I'll trade 100 days start to finish, for $10 a seed.
Autoflowering plants just make sense to me.
:hmmmm:Hard to explain any further I guess.

If I was patient, and made a nice scrog. 1-2 photoperiod beans would fill my tent.
Saving a little in cost, but making the periods between harvesting, and new plants lengthy.
When it comes to cloning, and keeping legendary genetics going. Photos are the way to go.
I have some nice legendaryish ones, I'm saving for a dream farm.

Sometimes I wonder if my gaming PC draws more current than my tent.:hmmmm:
I appreciate your input. Thanks for that!:passitleft:

Veg day 26
Fed the soil some cal mag, Big Bloom, Grow Big, Boomerang, microbe brew, kangaroots. 1/2 strength of Foxfarm week 3 feeding schedule. Ph’d to 6.2. A little more difficult to water now that the plants are pinned down but I found a little funnel to keep me from getting it on the leaves. Temp and RH range are looking good! Here’s a few pics!

Great idea for the duct regarding insects! I ll do the same thanks for sharing. Regarding the training dont worry they are strong! Take a look at my last post in my journal you will see how. Plus your plants are looking wonderfully healthy so will heal fast! I had the same trouble with watering in my second grow. It was a bit hard to access the plant that s why I figure it would be good to always let the plant grow a bit enough above ground to allow easier watering and also air circulation at the base of the plant

Hey, Mr. Magoo
Thanks for your post in my journal
I went through yours and man, I must admit you are very well prepared for your first grow! Your setup is pretty decent and all the knowledge you gathered during this month is very valuable and helpful for me and I believe other first growers:goodjob::goodjob:

Your plants look great to me but I’m not sure is the strain is like that, leaves inside more light when outside very dark. And how often you water yours? Maybe I missed

I’ on week 6 now veg, will post some updates now come check it out!)

Thanks and see ya around!):cool:

DB

Great idea for the duct regarding insects! I ll do the same thanks for sharing. Regarding the training dont worry they are strong! Take a look at my last post in my journal you will see how. Plus your plants are looking wonderfully healthy so will heal fast! I had the same trouble with watering in my second grow. It was a bit hard to access the plant that s why I figure it would be good to always let the plant grow a bit enough above ground to allow easier watering and also air circulation at the base of the plant
Thanks for the compliments! I liked sharing the big guard idea because it’s not everyday I get to add to this community. And I feel like I take so much! Lol. And yes I think I may not bury my sprouts so far next time. Acouple extra inches at the bottom would go a long way. Lol

Hey, Mr. Magoo
Thanks for your post in my journal
I went through yours and man, I must admit you are very well prepared for your first grow! Your setup is pretty decent and all the knowledge you gathered during this month is very valuable and helpful for me and I believe other first growers:goodjob::goodjob:

Your plants look great to me but I’m not sure is the strain is like that, leaves inside more light when outside very dark. And how often you water yours? Maybe I missed

I’ on week 6 now veg, will post some updates now come check it out!)

Thanks and see ya around!):cool:

DB
Oh no problem DB. I’m glad there is useful stuff tucked in here. There is a wealth of knowledge to be found in this community. If this becomes a successful grow it will be because of the people here and the genetics of these plants. But if it is unsuccessful then I take full responsibility for that! Haha!
As far as the color of the leaves...I was a bit surprised how dark they were too. New growth is a nice light green but doesn’t take long to darken right up. Very healthy, waxy looking leaves.
As far as watering goes.. I let the pots get light and then I water. I alternate between regular filtered water with a little added nitrogen via calmag and water with the foxfarm nutrient line mixed at about 1/2 strength. So far I just feed them about a half gallon each at a time and I’m only watering every 3rd day or so. Sometimes every 4 days just depending on how light the plant feels. The longer you can wait to water during this stage of growth the better because it allows the roots to grow a little more vigorously because they are looking for moisture. If you are watering them too often then the roots are always moist and don’t feel the urgency to search for more. I wish I could water more often because I wish I could get more nutrients to the plant but they seem happy right now so I know that’s more important than my desire to feed them more! Lol

Less than 24 hrs after training!
Wondering when I should defoliate a little. Y’all let me know when it’s time! Thanks in advance! Lol.
Yoooooo. Looking fucking awesome magoo!. Let em get a bit more upward growth on em for a couple days then pin em again and defol. Thats what Id do anyway!

Oh no problem DB. I’m glad there is useful stuff tucked in here. There is a wealth of knowledge to be found in this community. If this becomes a successful grow it will be because of the people here and the genetics of these plants. But if it is unsuccessful then I take full responsibility for that! Haha!
As far as the color of the leaves...I was a bit surprised how dark they were too. New growth is a nice light green but doesn’t take long to darken right up. Very healthy, waxy looking leaves.
As far as watering goes.. I let the pots get light and then I water. I alternate between regular filtered water with a little added nitrogen via calmag and water with the foxfarm nutrient line mixed at about 1/2 strength. So far I just feed them about a half gallon each at a time and I’m only watering every 3rd day or so. Sometimes every 4 days just depending on how light the plant feels. The longer you can wait to water during this stage of growth the better because it allows the roots to grow a little more vigorously because they are looking for moisture. If you are watering them too often then the roots are always moist and don’t feel the urgency to search for more. I wish I could water more often because I wish I could get more nutrients to the plant but they seem happy right now so I know that’s more important than my desire to feed them more! Lol
Good advice @Mr. Magoo

Yoooooo. Looking fucking awesome magoo!. Let em get a bit more upward growth on em for a couple days then pin em again and defol. Thats what Id do anyway!
I was hoping someone would chime in on the defol soon. Thanks for the advice Bilbo

Veg day 30
RH 50
Temp 72
Checked on the girls this morning! They are booming baby!!
Fed them some calmag water 2 days ago. Will check the pots later tonight. Gotta work all day today. Probably gonna get in there and do some more training tonight! Pics to come later!

Veg day 30
RH 50
Temp 72
Checked on the girls this morning! They are booming baby!!
Fed them some calmag water 2 days ago. Will check the pots later tonight. Gotta work all day today. Probably gonna get in there and do some more training tonight! Pics to come later!
Cant wait to see what they look like now!

Here’s a pic of the outsider today. Haven’t posted about him since day one. He about died after being exposed to exhaust from the lawnmower. Thanks a lot cuz! But it lost one of the main fans but was able to recover after looking pretty rough for a while.

Back
Top Bottom