1st Grow: Blue Dream

First grow and I want to get it right. Gonna post progress and problems here and hopefully get some good guidance and meet some good people along the way!

So here’s the setup..
I have 2x4x5 tent with a 2500w led light (about 450 actual watts). Growing in Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil in 5gal fabric pots. Using Fox Farm Nutrient line plus General Hydroponics CALiMAGic.

First in BOOM.
Bilbo here. What you saying @Mr. Magoo ? If its pulling 450w from the wall wouldnt it be more like 1000 HID equivalent? I dont know leds so if im talking poop please tell me. Be good to see your setup. Got any pics going?

Up until now:
Started the seeds (which came from I love growing marijuana) a week ago in moist paper towels. The tap root popped out in just a little over 24hrs. I placed them in Jiffy pellets the next day. Only watered them twice this week because they seemed to hold moisture well. They sprouted the day after I put them in the jiffy pots. I was hoping to keep them in there a little longer but the roots were already coming out of the bottom and starting to poke through the sides so in the pots they went today. Oh....there are 2 plants for this grow. They were under 24 hr light for these first days. Switched to an 18 on 6 off schedule today. Plants are sitting comfortably at 67% humidity and 73 degrees F.

Up until now:
Started the seeds (which came from I love growing marijuana) a week ago in moist paper towels. The tap root popped out in just a little over 24hrs. I placed them in Jiffy pellets the next day. Only watered them twice this week because they seemed to hold moisture well. They sprouted the day after I put them in the jiffy pots. I was hoping to keep them in there a little longer but the roots were already coming out of the bottom and starting to poke through the sides so in the pots they went today. Oh....there are 2 plants for this grow. They were under 24 hr light for these first days. Switched to an 18 on 6 off schedule today. Plants are sitting comfortably at 67% humidity and 73 degrees F.
Sweet as a nut mate

First in BOOM.
Bilbo here. What you saying @Mr. Magoo ? If its pulling 450w from the wall wouldnt it be more like 1000 HID equivalent? I dont know leds so if im talking poop please tell me. Be good to see your setup. Got any pics going?
I’m not sure how they relate for sure. I’ll post some specs though. Haha. Just figured out how to do the media on here.

Temp good, humidity good,schedule good....If your feeds are as good as those 3 you wont have any problems.
I plan to deviate from the fox farm feeding schedule a bit and follow the ratios that Asesino85 talks about in his current journal. I can’t use his PPM recommendations because he grows in coco but I don’t want to use the fox farm recommendations as well because they seem high. So I’ll try to get his ratios with these nutes and I’ll just have to start low on the PPM and go from there.

Looking good. I used Fox Farm in Coco on my last grow. I'm going to max out at 3/4 of their schedule next time. You are right, it seems a bit high. Tiger and Grow will send the ppm soaring. I had 12 plants and went through 2 quarts of Bloom. I also found a product called Flower Fuel that did an amazing job. Can't wait to see how this goes. It is on my list of strains to grow. Good Luck. ES

Looking good. I used Fox Farm in Coco on my last grow. I'm going to max out at 3/4 of their schedule next time. You are right, it seems a bit high. Tiger and Grow will send the ppm soaring. I had 12 plants and went through 2 quarts of Bloom. I also found a product called Flower Fuel that did an amazing job. Can't wait to see how this goes. It is on my list of strains to grow. Good Luck. ES
Great to have you ES. I hope it goes well. I’m hoping with the help of this community it will be a success.

A lot of help can always be found. I like Boogie Brew Compost Tea during a grow. Really makes plants explode with growth. Excellent company.

On your light, go with the watts at the wall. Suggested watts by the company is all propaganda. In my opinion anyway.

You are correct most companies use 3 watt and 5 watt.

On your light, go with the watts at the wall. Suggested watts by the company is all propaganda. In my opinion anyway.

You are correct most companies use 3 watt and 5 watt.
Yeah. It’s pulling right at 450w. Hope it does good in this space. I worry about the height of the plants. I’m gonna really have to stay on them. Gonna try a quadline for sure. Scrog maybe. Both would be firsts for me. But I know Blue Dream is a big girl. Maybe I can sweet talk her into staying short.

Last grow I had Maui Waui and GigaBud start flower at 12" and end at about 40" in 2 weeks. Crazy cool!

Yeah. It’s pulling right at 450w. Hope it does good in this space. I worry about the height of the plants. I’m gonna really have to stay on them. Gonna try a quadline for sure. Scrog maybe. Both would be firsts for me. But I know Blue Dream is a big girl. Maybe I can sweet talk her into staying short.
Take a look at my love gang if you want bro. Ive put the quadline into practice aswell (not as clean and even as @Asesino85 ) i aint gonna look back from now. Every photoperiod I plant is getting quadlined from now on!

Here are a few pics of the grow area.

The humidity and temps were all over the place at first but I saw the pattern and got it stable. There is a lot of airflow through this tent with such a large fan pulling straight out of the top. It wants to keep the humidity lower. With the humidifier sitting outside one of the lower vent holes...if I closed all other holes it sucked all the mist right in but was still low. The best I could figure was that with that being the only source of incoming air that it was probably going straight to the filter since the sides of the tent were sucking in. So I started opening the zipper and some flaps as well. This caused the humidity to spike up into the high 80s. With more options for air to come in it allowed the humid air to sit in the bottom of the tent. So I started closing some of the airways until I got it steady in the range I wanted. So now I also know how to lower it further when the time comes. This is all with the lights on. I will see today how it it held up with the ports closed and the lights off.

Back
Top Bottom