1st Grow: Blue Dream

The humidity and temps were all over the place at first but I saw the pattern and got it stable. There is a lot of airflow through this tent with such a large fan pulling straight out of the top. It wants to keep the humidity lower. With the humidifier sitting outside one of the lower vent holes...if I closed all other holes it sucked all the mist right in but was still low. The best I could figure was that with that being the only source of incoming air that it was probably going straight to the filter since the sides of the tent were sucking in. So I started opening the zipper and some flaps as well. This caused the humidity to spike up into the high 80s. With more options for air to come in it allowed the humid air to sit in the bottom of the tent. So I started closing some of the airways until I got it steady in the range I wanted. So now I also know how to lower it further when the time comes. This is all with the lights on. I will see today how it it held up with the ports closed and the lights off.
Wow magoo you are on it bro. My tent was the same with all the airflow the humidity was way down. Still aint up there but its better than it was. I found a fan inside the tent blowing the air around so it circulates more before getting sucked out helped me. But as I said you are on it and got it under control:goodjob:

The humidity and temps were all over the place at first but I saw the pattern and got it stable. There is a lot of airflow through this tent with such a large fan pulling straight out of the top. It wants to keep the humidity lower. With the humidifier sitting outside one of the lower vent holes...if I closed all other holes it sucked all the mist right in but was still low. The best I could figure was that with that being the only source of incoming air that it was probably going straight to the filter since the sides of the tent were sucking in. So I started opening the zipper and some flaps as well. This caused the humidity to spike up into the high 80s. With more options for air to come in it allowed the humid air to sit in the bottom of the tent. So I started closing some of the airways until I got it steady in the range I wanted. So now I also know how to lower it further when the time comes. This is all with the lights on. I will see today how it it held up with the ports closed and the lights off.

Man I really dig your setup. It's clean and very well thought out. I have said it a thousand times but if you have your grow space dialed in than it is incredibly easy to grow weed. Sounds like you are on track. I think you are setting yourself up for a great first grow.

Also I really dig the owl watching over. I am an owl guy. Pretty sure an owl is my spirit animal.

If you need something under the pots, Academy Sports has a 16 inch cookout platter that works well. They cost about 2.50 delivered.

good morning mr.Magoo, hope ya don't mind if I grab a seat next to me ol matey mr.BBudkins...
Can't wait to see what 1st class action looks like...
Glad to have you both! Hope this goes well!

I would stick to the feeding schedule. This blue dream has been loving it.
Thanks for the input on that and glad to have you. I see you are journaling the blue dream grow. Will definitely be reading that today. I tell you what...I found this place just at the right time. Lots of great helpful people and info here!

I knew it... Or at least thought it... Magoo could never see cause he was Fishbowling in his car LOL... Nice Avatar, and Nice set up...Green Days...
Thanks for popping in my man. Yeah..saw the avatar and had to use it.

Here are a few pics today of the 2 girls. Gonna call them Party Girl and Smurfette! Party girl because she popped through so quick with her little seed hat hanging off the side of her head like the girl that shows up to the party already drunk! And smurfette in anticipation of that blue color in her future!

Question about the lighting...right now it’s sitting about 20” from top of soil. Is that good for LED and seedlings or should it be closer or further away? I’ve seen different recommendations along the way.

Question about the lighting...right now it’s sitting about 20” from top of soil. Is that good for LED and seedlings or should it be closer or further away? I’ve seen different recommendations along the way.
I haven't used LED's so Im not to sure but I know I fried my first lot of babies from to much light and also allowing them to dry out to quickly. But I was using a 600w hps so there was a LOT more heat and the humidity was really low in my tent

I have newly acquired Timber Cob lights, they are 4x50 watt so I was kinda in the same boat... I have decided in order to keep the light distance stable, I will put those babies at 24" above expected plant heights per room, I can always drop them a little alot easier than raising them in the new rooms I am building... In addition I am gonna have 3 or 4 Spectrum low watt light bulbs that will be in the 3500 range each room.... Should be plenty of light, and hopefully not too much need for heat/humidity control...
.....Each of my rooms go up in total space from 2x2.5x48 to the last which will be 32x48x70... The last will obviously be my flip room... I will have all kinda stands available to stack things, though my goal is only 3 to 5 plants at any given time in bud room... My goal is to harvest 4 to 6 zips per 45days ish.... Green evenings all

Back
Top Bottom