1st Grow - CKS Revolver Auto CFL Closet Grow

3 plants? Dang lol. I'll be using 10 liter pots next and trying for 2 in my tiny room. This bucket is killing me right now and I think transplanting this late would be very very stupid.
Uploaded a pic in my previous post. Yeah rather not risk a transplant right now. With normal sized 10Ls I think you could definitely squeeze two in there will just need some proper training. .

Uploaded a pic in my previous post. Yeah rather not risk a transplant right now. With normal sized 10Ls I think you could definitely squeeze two in there will just need some proper training. .
Your box looks way less cluttered than mine lol, maybe that would help me too.

My training this go was a joke. I'm excited for my next plant to pop. I will be topping and LST on that one. I made over a hundred hooked stakes out of deconstructed electric wiring left over from my remodel. All that said, I will be doing proper training next time.

As I have said a few times, I have another seed planted, but do you guys think I should try to grow 2 plants this next grow?

Maybe I can ask you guys this, too. No one has answered in the other forums, but my plant looks to me like she's not going to stretch. If I move my CFLs a few inches away, could I induce stretching?

Update time:

Made some proper LST stakes, so I opened her up a little more.

420-magazine-mobile1185835176.jpg
420-magazine-mobile579097330.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1567025351.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1363489759.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1397316835.jpg

These are what I made:
420-magazine-mobile573121220.jpg

I wish I would have had that idea months ago, I would have had way better training and wouldn't have lost 2 main colas. Oh well, we live we learn.

She weighed in at 13.8 pounds. I water between 11.4 and 11.2 so I still have a couple days until I add bloom nutes.

As I have said a few times, I have another seed planted, but do you guys think I should try to grow 2 plants this next grow?

In that space, idk, 2 might work, depends on pot size and of course how much height the plant get even with lsting to hell, but I would not take my advice\thoughts on that, I really don't know, seen some people over the years some how cram amazing amounts of plant material in spaces like that with training and screens.

Update time:

Made some proper LST stakes, so I opened her up a little more.

420-magazine-mobile1185835176.jpg
420-magazine-mobile579097330.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1567025351.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1363489759.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1397316835.jpg

These are what I made:
420-magazine-mobile573121220.jpg

I wish I would have had that idea months ago, I would have had way better training and wouldn't have lost 2 main colas. Oh well, we live we learn.

She weighed in at 13.8 pounds. I water between 11.4 and 11.2 so I still have a couple days until I add bloom nutes.

What LST mistakes did you make btw? You know.. so I can try and not make the same ones lol.
As for stretch, idk the anwser, in theory move the light up a little they should chase it, but I'm sure there are other factor to consider now that she's flowering.

What LST mistakes did you make btw? You know.. so I can try and not make the same ones lol.
As for stretch, idk the anwser, in theory move the light up a little they should chase it, but I'm sure there are other factor to consider now that she's flowering.
My LST mistakes were mainly due to not using proper equipment. I used garden twine and stakes that I had to tie the twine around. I think that in doing it this way I put too much strain on the smaller branches which is why they ripped off so easy (both branches had recently been LST'd).

More or less, wrong equipment and rough handling were my mistakes. Along with not knowing what I was doing of course. I don't think my tie downs were effective.

I think that moving the lights now would be a mistake. I figure I'll hope for short fat dense buds instead of tall buds.

So I broke down and bought some stuff, including a 600 watt marshydro led and a 2 x 2 x4 Mylar grow tent.

I will definitely be using this for my next grow, but I wanted your guys thoughts on putting this little lady in there too.

Would putting her in a much powerful light this late help me get a better yield?

My thoughts on that would be.. in theory yes it would help, but then again you might lose a couple days as she adjusts to the totally new type of light, and a different environment etc. Tough call, but maybe just leave her where she is for now, then again I've read many grower journals in the past that used cfl's for veg and then went to led for flower, or even hps + led+cfls for flower, but all of those were photo period stains I think and done as part of flower switch. I doubt auto are 'that' different about it, just that autos are on a pretty much set clock so losing a couple days maters more cause they may not be made up on the tail end.

Hopefully someone with experience can anwser. If it were me I'd probably do it (throw her in the tent with the lights up at like 3.5ft and work my way down over a couple days), but only if I thought everything else was dialed in with the new tent before hand (air handling, temps, humidty,etc, otherwise I might just finish out with the existing setup that she is already acclimated.

My thoughts on that would be.. in theory yes it would help, but then again you might lose a couple days as she adjusts to the totally new type of light, and a different environment etc. Tough call, but maybe just leave her where she is for now, then again I've read many grower journals in the past that used cfl's for veg and then went to led for flower, or even hps + led+cfls for flower, but all of those were photo period stains I think and done as part of flower switch. I doubt auto are 'that' different about it, just that autos are on a pretty much set clock so losing a couple days maters more cause they may not be made up on the tail end.

Hopefully someone with experience can anwser. If it were me I'd probably do it (throw her in the tent with the lights up at like 3.5ft and work my way down over a couple days), but only if I thought everything else was dialed in with the new tent before hand (air handling, temps, humidty,etc, otherwise I might just finish out with the existing setup that she is already acclimated.
That's a fair point, but you got me to thinking about something...

Would you guys rather I finish in my current set up, or we could do an experiment to see if switching lights this late hurts or helps?

What do you think? I know I'm not getting anything more than experience off her, and a couple grams maybe.

That's your call man. I feel you though. Maybe you could use the tail end of this grow to test\dial in the new tent environment and just see what happens, especially if you you're resigned to the fact you're only gonna get a couple grams anyway, might be the way to go. I don't have a preference\objection per say about seeing you finish how your started if that's what you mean. It's your grow after all, go for it.

I'm using this go as a learning experience for me and also for anyone reading, that's why I wanted to open the floor to see if anyone has a curiosity either way. Like, I more or less vegged with just CFLS, and now I can switch to LED in flower...see if it helps. Heck, I don't know. This is currently my only hobby so I have way too much time for it, which leads to overthinking.

I do plan on putting this plant in the tent when it gets here, mainly because I don't have room for the box and tent.

I'd go ahead and get your next grow started with your cfls and finish this grow off with the new gear. Gives you a chance to work out your environment. Better to hurt this plant than the next. Worse that could happen is your buds get bigger .

I'd go ahead and get your next grow started with your cfls and finish this grow off with the new gear. Gives you a chance to work out your environment. Better to hurt this plant than the next. Worse that could happen is your buds get bigger .
Ahh, good call. I didn't think about dialing the environment in. I was just going to throw the seedlings in there. Glad I asked.

I introduced bloom nutes tonight. I'm using Espoma Organic Grow! at full strength.

I'm still not getting any kind of growth. I feel like she's been the same size for a couple weeks.

Do you think my accidental removal of a couple branches could have shocked and stunted her?

Back
Top Bottom