1st Grow - CKS Revolver Auto CFL Closet Grow

Time for another update.

I decided that my tie downs needed to be removed because I think the way I did it weakened the stems because of the angle and constant tension caused.

I think that because another stem tried to break on me. I think I was able to fix this one.
420-magazine-mobile1991274184.jpg

420-magazine-mobile98739177.jpg

Anyways now she looks like:
420-magazine-mobile192714152.jpg

420-magazine-mobile475692003.jpg

After putting in my stakes and manipulating the buds my fingers were really sticky. I may not get much but I'm thinking I'll get some good smoke off her.

Looks good brother. Yeah it does appear you were a bit harsh on the stems. Lst is very easy when the plant is young and has flexible stems. I went to JustinHemp420's place, super cool bloke I met on here who literally stays down the road from me. Had a struggle with his Vanilla Kush also because we waited too long to train her. Just make sure the stem is all taped up and you don't put too much pressure on her :thumb:

Looks good brother. Yeah it does appear you were a bit harsh on the stems. Lst is very easy when the plant is young and has flexible stems. I went to JustinHemp420's place, super cool bloke I met on here who literally stays down the road from me. Had a struggle with his Vanilla Kush also because we waited too long to train her. Just make sure the stem is all taped up and you don't put too much pressure on her :thumb:
This go was definitely not well trained lol. Now I feel confident enough with training my next grow will be done much better...hopefully.

So, I got my new set up going and I think this girl is doing pretty well now. No more temp issues in the new tent. I think my only issue is my light is a little more powerful than I thought it would be for the size of my tent.

420-magazine-mobile657997885.jpg

This is my main cola under the CFLs, right before the move.

420-magazine-mobile1510131948.jpg

Here she is under the purple lights.

420-magazine-mobile326615094.jpg

These pictures are a bit old. I'll add a couple more shots today when I get home to show what the tent looks like now with 3 plants going in it.

I took a couple more pictures under the light (sorry, the pictures came out way more purple than it looks to the naked eye).

420-magazine-mobile1904391661.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1546184224.jpg

I'll take a picture without the lights when I water her next. She looks really tasty out of the lights. Still lots of white pistils.

Okay, she was down 11.2 pounds, which meant she was thirsty.

I took a couple of pictures before watering.

420-magazine-mobile823133053.jpg

420-magazine-mobile56961210.jpg

It took some trial and error to get my new lights adjusted properly, and I did not dry off the leaves before sticking her under the new intense lights a couple of times.

Anyways, leaves don't look great but she is still doing well.

I was trying to get a picture to accurately reflect just how fat and juicy that main cola is.

420-magazine-mobile1810981804.jpg

The picture doesn't do it the justice it deserves. I'm amazed at this plant! All of the abuse I've put it through and it is still going like a champ.

Do any experienced growers out there have an idea on how much longer until I should harvest?

I have a jewellers loupe 60x and the trichs are mushroom headed, but still look clear, and I have some white pistols still, so my guess is a couple more weeks.

Anyone else have a guess?

Well, no one has answered and I'm impatient lol. I did some intense checking and I believe I'm ready to harvest.

420-magazine-mobile757711634.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1463331939.jpg

You can kind of see how milky the trichomes are looking. I also found some that have turned amber already.

I wanted to flush before harvesting so I flushed today, and I plan on harvesting soon.

My next update will be my first harvest!

Well, I saw some that had already turned amber, and I couldn't take a good picture to save my life but they do look pretty cloudy.

Since I flushed today, I will be waiting a few days at least. I'll check again before I chop, and I'll make that decision then. I really need the space so I want to chop...I'm probably getting impatient and just seeing what I want.

It looks still clear brother. Will be a head buzz if you harvest with less amber. If you check through the loupe is the mushrooms mostly amber or clear and what are you after? I prefer I bit more head buzz but don't mind a sit on the ass type strain too
I've been going off this:
420-magazine-mobile1603821859.jpg

I know I'm inexperienced, but they do look like the 3rd picture to me.

420-magazine-mobile1702122567.jpg

You don't think those look cloudy?

That looks cloudy brother. Keep on flushing and harvest the girl :thumb: should be a decent smoke none the less.
You're the only one responding to me, so I'm sorry to bug you but I have another question.

I've been using organic bottle nutrients and nothing else on this grow. Do I really need to flush?

Yep you gotta flush brother. You want the plant to use up any remaining nutes that is stored in the leaves. I also use Oragnic nutes and would also need to flush. Usually 7-10 days for me in coco, not 100% sure on the soil flush but should be around the same. You will see the leaves turning yellow as it draws out the nutes. Definitely a must in any medium :thumb:
Oh okay, thanks! I guess I'll have to learn to be patient with her lol.

They sure look mostly cloudy to me, ditto what pat999 said, time to flush and harvest, probably have a few\more amber by then.
So, I've been trying to get some information on flushing, but no one seems to address how often you water with plain water to do a proper flush.

Do I water every day, every other day, or once a week like normal? I understand all the other directions of flushing, but no one addresses frequency!

Do you know?

So, I've been trying to get some information on flushing, but no one seems to address how often you water with plain water to do a proper flush.

Do I water every day, every other day, or once a week like normal? I understand all the other directions of flushing, but no one addresses frequency!

Do you know?
Not exactly but my understanding is just water on your normal schedule, and you'd start that soon as ~2 week window opens.

In your case you want to harvest in next week or so right, so you have like 7-8 days or so I would guess which I'd guess is like 3 waterings? If in your case you really only water once per week then yeah... I'd do two, one as soon as you think they are dry enough (today\tomorrow), and maybe another one a day or two before chop regardless of if they fully dry yet.
/2cents

Not exactly but my understanding is just water on your normal schedule, and you'd start that soon as ~2 week window opens.

In your case you want to harvest in next week or so right, so you have like 7-8 days or so I would guess which I'd guess is like 3 waterings? If in your case you really only water once per week then yeah... I'd do two, one as soon as you think they are dry enough (today\tomorrow), and maybe another one a day or two before chop regardless of if they fully dry yet.
/2cents
Yeah, I didn't add anything to my soil to help drainage, so it's a while between waterings.

Thanks though, I think that your 2 cents makes sense. I'll do one more flush in a day or 2, and harvest a few days later.

Back
Top Bottom