1st Grow Ever: 3x Liberty Haze, LED & Coco

Day 18 - We almost transplanted them today, but we are on hold to decide if we should go on with the planned 5 gallons or we should do 3 gallons. Please help us decide.

IMG_20170426_193725.jpg
IMG_20170426_193730.jpg
IMG_20170426_193735.jpg
IMG_20170426_193745.jpg
IMG_20170426_193817.jpg

And now....straight to water them, with nutes this time. I still have to share the nute schedule that we are using. We are following the one from coco and flora series described in growweedeasy . More info to come.

If the bowl of water is not up in the humidity enough try closing vents so the humidity has nowhere to leave from and as for your light they are only a hundred and thirty Watts

there are many ways to grow in coco but it is recommended to use nutrients with every watering. Since you are using nutes with every watering you can use a lower dose. I only put straight water in during harvest flush. Check out my gsc xtrm thread. I was flowering in 2 gal pots. I scrogged and ended up with a little over a pound in my 4x4 with 4 2 gal pots. It would have been more but I fell into the scrog and smooshed a good size branch.

there are many ways to grow in coco but it is recommended to use nutrients with every watering. Since you are using nutes with every watering you can use a lower dose. I only put straight water in during harvest flush. Check out my gsc xtrm thread. I was flowering in 2 gal pots. I scrogged and ended up with a little over a pound in my 4x4 with 4 2 gal pots. It would have been more but I fell into the scrog and smooshed a good size branch.

I've read one of your journals already bf. do you follow the water everyday at least once program?

Thanks, I'll take that into account! Yes, I've read somewhere else that it takes longer that what Barneys' site states. Mmmmm. Anyway, I'll have to read more on how to check when they are ready. One problem at a time! Anyway I know you guys will help me decide when it is time to put our babies to sleep and reincarnate them into consumable substance.

For sure chipay any problems just ask if I know the answer I'm here to share, I'm also a coco fan but I use bigger pots I use fabric pots too .

My lib haze seeds... well I'm used to growing clones and with clones each plant ends up looking similar but with the seeds each of my four plants have different traits I have 1 tall with short fat buds and 1 tall with long thin buds and two short with fat buds but one of the short ones is very very hairy the tall ones are around 5ft each and the short are around 3ft I did veg them in 15gal fabric pots for around 5 week maybe that's why they're so tall

I water every day in coco. Just a small splash when they are seedlings and work up to 3-4 times a day by the time I hit flower. Multiple waterings is what gives you the quick growth. You get hydro results by treating coco like hydro.

I'm gonna give it a shot. It's my first grow so it's all the same to me. The results look amazing. How much are you watering per time at 3/4 times a day.

I follow ledrf grow guide and I try to get at least 10-20% runoff once a day. I've ran into issues with lockout from not enough runoff. Since I don't flush with water the daily runoff pushes out old salts and replaces it with new nutrient salts.

Cultivator is another coco growers who has a guide out. He doesn't recommend runoff. He is so dialed in that he is ok to water without any runoff. He has a set EC for every stage of the plants life. I take the recommended dose on the back and start at 1/4 and take it up from there as the plant needs.

The way I see it if I was growing in a grow op with many plants and a tight budget I'd grow like cult. Dialed in with ec and all that. No runoff a flush here and there but I only grow 4 plants at a time so I give the plants more of an estimate and give them runoff so I don't lock out.

Do you have a journal?

1st Grow Ever - 3x Liberty Haze - LED & Coco

Awesome journal man I'm in.

I don't wanna flux you with too much info but I'll let you know how I grow in coco.

Water once a day (2-3 in flower if possible)

Water with nutes about 1/2 recommended with plain water flush once a week (you'll find your preferred nute mix eventually)

I would give your plants a while before transplant as coco holds a lot of air and it's not a bad thing that it gets a little "root bound" and 5 gallon pots are perfect for your plants in flower IMO

Grow how you want and have fun. I have TONS more advice but one step at a time man, cheers

Definitely many ways to skin a cat. You can treat coco like soil if you wanted to.

I know cult, ledrf, and most other coco growers do not use plain water until the end. When treating coco like hydro you want to avoid fluctuations. At least that's my understanding. 5 gal pots are ok but again you will go through a lot more water and nutrients it also takes more time to get filled up and you want a nice fully developed roots ball before you flip so you can get to those multiple waterings. There is pretty much no such thing as root bound in coco. I've flowered in a pot I usually use to start seeds no problem. Just upped the watering frequencies.

Coco is very forgiving and there is a lot of different opinions out there. Just make it work for you. I'm sure you won't have any issues as long as you stick to the basics.

Definitely many ways to skin a cat. You can treat coco like soil if you wanted to.

I know cult, ledrf, and most other coco growers do not use plain water until the end. When treating coco like hydro you want to avoid fluctuations. At least that's my understanding. 5 gal pots are ok but again you will go through a lot more water and nutrients it also takes more time to get filled up and you want a nice fully developed roots ball before you flip so you can get to those multiple waterings. There is pretty much no such thing as root bound in coco. I've flowered in a pot I usually use to start seeds no problem. Just upped the watering frequencies.

Coco is very forgiving and there is a lot of different opinions out there. Just make it work for you. I'm sure you won't have any issues as long as you stick to the basics.

You are totally right bf. I have been looking at growing for a very long time. There are lots of opinions. That is what I love about this site so much. Knowledgeable growers imparting learned knowledge to newbies like me. I see it like cooking. Take a bit of this and a bit of that and make it work for you and your taste. I mean this may not be a good system for someone who is tied to a job for a solid block of time. I have the luxury of being able to leave work for a while so watering all the time is not a problem for me. I was also super worried about overwatering so this makes that fear slip to the background.

I've found watering once a day works best for me sometimes even once every 2 days but I use Hugh pots it holds water for longer so there's no need to be rushing around watering all the time, I've kind of picked up the feel for when to water no strict schedule I never use the run off method my watering grows when my plant grows they're now using 4lt per day each I check the ph once in a while just for piece of mind and it's always the same-ish 5.8-6.0 my plants are looking great I've been returning anywhere between 4-7 ounce a plant usually 23 ounce from 4 plants is the average I'm aiming for 30 just for record reasons the more I yield the better I'm becoming I usually do scrog but this is a new strain I'm doing and I didn't know how it would grow. I wish I scrogged now lol but I do agree coco is a great way to go no matter what feeding routine you decide to do. I'm not saying my way is the right way it just suits me best there's many paths that lead you to the end it's totally you're choice which one suits you namaste

Ohhhhh what a day guys. 19 days old. We got the 3 gallon pots and we were ready to transplant. I compared the 5 and 3 gallons, and after all what was said in this thread, we decided to go for 3 gallons. And I think they fit great.
I went to see the babies and.... They looked a bit droopy I think. Specially the biggest one.
I realised that maybe I should have done the transplant before.
I prepared everything and took the first one out. Lot of roots at the bottom, shape of the pot. Maybe a mild case of root bound.
I'll post pics tomorrow morning. I'm on my phone about to sleep now, too tired, it was a lot of work, first time of course. But I'm happy with the final results. I'll show you guys tomorrow... But I'm scared they will be all stressed and droopy tomorrow. Let's see. Now wait.
I saturated the Coco and then give water with nutes, flora series 1/2 purple one 1/2 red, 1/8 green tablespoon per galon. I'll post my schedule this weekend.
Wish them luck. They are in the hands of Pachamama now.

These are the pics from yesterday's transplant:
How we found them before transplant
IMG_20170427_205515.jpg

2 plants being transplanted, these are their roots
IMG_20170427_213255.jpg
IMG_20170427_213727.jpg

And here they are in their new shinny pots. We put a small flipped plate underneath each pot so they can drain (they are kind of hovering).
We have some proper footers coming soon.
IMG_20170428_001706.jpg
IMG_20170428_001714.jpg

What do you guys think? whey there rootbound? Was it fine? Will they be alright? I'll prepare myself mentally and go check them now....it's been a night since transplant. Let's see what happened....I'll keep you guys posted.

These are the pics from yesterday's transplant:
How we found them before transplant
IMG_20170427_205515.jpg

2 plants being transplanted, these are their roots
IMG_20170427_213255.jpg
IMG_20170427_213727.jpg

And here they are in their new shinny pots. We put a small flipped plate underneath each pot so they can drain (they are kind of hovering).
We have some proper footers coming soon.
IMG_20170428_001706.jpg
IMG_20170428_001714.jpg

What do you guys think? whey there rootbound? Was it fine? Will they be alright? I'll prepare myself mentally and go check them now....it's been a night since transplant. Let's see what happened....I'll keep you guys posted.

They def are not root bound . I like to have a roots all up the sides but those plants look happy. Cheers .

Back
Top Bottom