1st Grow Ever: 3x Liberty Haze, LED & Coco

Looks good. Just make sure that you anchor the stem around the bottom of the plant on the opposite side you pulled them down. It can stress the roots. Couldn't tell if you had done that from the pics.
I didn't. Only one has that, and it was done during the first LST we did yesterday.. with a pipe cleaner. I thought about sound that for the other two but saw the stem stable and no sign of root movement. It looks solid... I hope it holds. I'll check tomorrow and maybe add it. I'm not near them now!

Just keep checking it can happen at anytime especially if the soil dries. If it's not pulling I would leave it though less stress is best.
The reason why I think it is not puling much is by accident: yesterday with our first raw attempt we pushed the branches a bit. Today, with better tools, I pushed more aggressively. But as it was done in two stages and slowly it is actually not pulling up that much.
But next time I'll do that. Thanks for the tip. And I'll check tomorrow.

Looks great! I'm planning on the same setup with a tray to move the waste water to a collection bucket. The saucers are fine for anyone starting out the doesn't want to invest much - I experimented with that when practicing with other plants, but I got tired of using the turkey baster to remove the runoff.

:goodluck:

1st Grow Ever - 3x Liberty Haze - LED & Coco

Day 18. Later today I have the new 5 gallon plus arriving to work. We plan on doing the transplant tonight.
We Watered them 2 days ago. Yesterday night the Coco was moist at the top. After tonight transplant we will water them with nutes. I'll share the schedule and nutes we are using in the next post. I guess we will need a lot of water to saturate the coco! It's 3x 5 gal pots. Hopefully one gal will do? If not I'll prepare a second one. We will post before and after pics. Big day ahead. May Gaia guide our hands.

Seems like u have questions about coco.

Most feed every day. Never plain water

NEVER NEVER NEVER RO water or 0 TDS water. Not only through coco but also on most ph meters.

So it's best to water daily small amounts of water with less nutes in coco

Sry I didn't read the ten posts before me explaining all the same thing I jus say. Sry

Thanks!. I don't think this is the case as it was on the top leaves that were far away from the coco. I did once left accidentaly one drop with nuetes and the leave turned white there (maybe because of water and not really nute, because of magnifying glass effect of the drop of water). I'm not sure how I'm going to water the plant now that a lot of leaves are touching the coco!

I will have to water soon....last time was the day before yesterday or yesterday..can't remember. The coco is humid, but tomorrow at the latest I will have to water. I'm leaving it to tomorrow. Maybe in 12hs...

The watering frequency may be the issue.

Hope this info helps with your coco grow.

The is a quote from ledrf.
1. Coco holds 30% oxygen when fully saturated.
2. If you let coco dry out, you will get lower yields and most likely nutrient issues because when the coco dries out, it leaves dry spots, where the roots dry up and die. That causes issues.
3. When you water every day or twice a day or ever three times a day, you are replacing all the oxygen the plant used up, thus letting it grow faster. You are also replacing any nutrients the plant used up with fresh nutrients. This is why I water every day with nutrients.
4. You get hydroponic results. Fast growth. Bigger yields.

Don't forget to keep your ph between 5.5-6.0. Most keep it at 5.8

How to water Marijuana growing in coco - YouTube

This thread has great info if you haven't seen it. I dont use the same nutes but I make it work for me.

Ledrf
How I grow in coco Youtube videos and pics

cultivator
How to grow in Coco - Feed schedule

Ledrf and cult have different grow styles but both have great info to share. I use ledrf style but if i was in a grow op id grow like cult as its less waste.

Here is ledrf sponsored website. It has a free grow course. I highly recommend it!
How to grow marijuana free lessons

For seedlings I water every day with a light nute solution but not to runoff. Just a very light splash until they start drying out more and more.

The watering frequency may be the issue.

Hope this info helps with your coco grow.

The is a quote from ledrf.
1. Coco holds 30% oxygen when fully saturated.
2. If you let coco dry out, you will get lower yields and most likely nutrient issues because when the coco dries out, it leaves dry spots, where the roots dry up and die. That causes issues.
3. When you water every day or twice a day or ever three times a day, you are replacing all the oxygen the plant used up, thus letting it grow faster. You are also replacing any nutrients the plant used up with fresh nutrients. This is why I water every day with nutrients.
4. You get hydroponic results. Fast growth. Bigger yields.

Don't forget to keep your ph between 5.5-6.0. Most keep it at 5.8

How to water Marijuana growing in coco - YouTube

This thread has great info if you haven't seen it. I dont use the same nutes but I make it work for me.

Ledrf
How I grow in coco Youtube videos and pics

cultivator
How to grow in Coco - Feed schedule

Ledrf and cult have different grow styles but both have great info to share. I use ledrf style but if i was in a grow op id grow like cult as its less waste.

Here is ledrf sponsored website. It has a free grow course. I highly recommend it!
How to grow marijuana free lessons

For seedlings I water every day with a light nute solution but not to runoff. Just a very light splash until they start drying out more and more.

On my first grow and use same tech. Love LEDRF system. I use the rockwool so just water the rockwool for the first couple weeks to try and get the roots to air prune.

Day 39!!! I have pictures from yesterday (day 38 of course).
IMG_20170513_162632.jpg
IMG_20170513_162624.jpg
IMG_20170513_162617.jpg

We started the training so they were all flat. It worked...but maybe too much. They are super flat, the stem looks steady at being flat and a lot of the inner nodes started growing. We tried to make some space and let the new nodes move away from the center. But still looks too crowded and also it is a neverending task as new nodes keep on coming.
We are thinking on maybe to stop the training here, and let them start pointing up, going for a stretch. Probably next Saturday top, switch lights to flowering mode. So far it's super flat so space won't be an issue...

We gave them nutes again yesterday, but almost half as before. If they can take it then I'll give them nutes more often.

Can't wait for the flowering stage!!!

I grow in soil but was given a 5 foot Liberty Haze in a 7 gal pot last night that is 8 weeks into the bloom cycle and is in coco. I'm Hopping that the change in the light cycle wont mess it up. His cycle is 6P.M. to 6A.M. mine is 10A.M to 10P.M. I don't really know anything about coco So your journal has helped already. The plant does not look good and the dry coco could explain that. I had also forgotten the PH difference between soil and coco. I only gave it a gal of ph water last night at a 6.0 So it should be ok. I am going to totally check out the video you posted about the water and feeding. Who knows maybe I will switch over from soil to coco. It looks like you don't have to handle the plants as much for the watering. Sorry for taking over your back yard. Your plants look really GOOD!

Thanks for all the tips guys! Keep them coming.
I've tried to move a bit some of the big fan leaves...but they keep moving. Anyway there are many nodes with access to light and we've been moving some of them away from the main steam.
I know we say this every post haha, but really....we want to let them start going up and switch to flowering stage soon.
Maybe this Saturday will be the day, on our babies 6 week anniversary!

Here is the picture from a few minutes ago
IMG_20170516_215643.jpg

Looks like you have some good light getting to your plants. Nice work!

They are so flat...we are sorry for the plants. We want to let them reach the sky.
We have 2 fans (you see one iin thee picture), and as the plant is super flat they can only be at the top...and soon they will start covering light. We may get some fan that stands in the ground. Anyway....we don't have any air circulation problem. Temperature is now 17 to 30 degrees, humidity like 60%. Perfect environment...we could spend the afternoon there in that 3x3 tent (if only we had more space). It smells amazing. Can wait to smoke our babies (my girlfriend is saying that this will be like Homer and the lobster...I may never smoke them......naaaaaah I will :cheer: :Rasta::hippy: )

Today is the 6th week birthday of our babies!! They are officially entering right now the Flowering Stage! Today we change the light schedule and it's now 12/12.
:bravo:

This is a picture from yesterday (41 days old)
IMG_20170516_215643.jpg

We are back into watering every day and nutes every other day (I think a couple of days we didn't water them....didn't have time..sheme on us).

The training was a lot of work. I found one of the big fan leaves snapped! Not during the training....I think it happened overnight. But that's fine, there are a lot of leaves.

The plants look pretty big and we know this strain can get tall. There is space fore them to grow three times if they want...easily.

The training will continue during the first couple of weeks or three I guess. I just need to spread out a bit more some of the soon to be colas :cheer:

I have big hopes for what can happen next week!

Back
Top Bottom